PDA

View Full Version : Unwinterizing Boat Early

ssevey17
03-30-2018, 10:03 PM
So I'm finally upgrading from my i/o and buying my first wake boat. I'm planning on picking up a Mobius V late next week. When I go to pick it up, I want to run the motor to make sure it runs fine. However, I live in NY and we are still experiencing sub freezing temps. After I run it, what should I do to prevent damage to the boat? On my i/o, I would pull the plugs in the block and drain all the water out of it. Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but I don't know anything about vdrives... Thanks in advance for all the help!

MJHSupra
03-30-2018, 10:33 PM
Is that an early 2000 w/ the 5.7 mpi?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
03-30-2018, 10:53 PM
If you are looking to get the water out, my 2007 Indmar has:
2 plugs on the block
1 muffler plug
Remove the hoses from the raw water pump, bend them down to get the water out
2 brass plugs on the v-drive
Tilt the trailer back and it's easy to shop-back the water from the bilge.
Check YouTube

You will hear about the anti-freeze method. That is a little more complex to get the anti-freeze pumped to the block and through the system w/o being diluted. Not hard, but probably not necessary since winter is almost over up there.

ssevey17
03-31-2018, 07:05 AM
Is that an early 2000 w/ the 5.7 mpi?

It has a 310 HP Indmar Assault which I believe is a 5.7L. Not sure what the MPI is in reference to?

Fastest1
03-31-2018, 09:23 AM
It has a 310 HP Indmar Assault which I believe is a 5.7L. Not sure what the MPI is in reference to?

MPI stands for multi port injection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zabooda
03-31-2018, 12:00 PM
Find a heated storage unit for a month. Actually, depending on night temps a regular storage unit is all you may need or take it home and put a heated bulb in the engine compartment.

MJHSupra
04-05-2018, 05:55 PM
If you are looking to get the water out, my 2007 Indmar has:
2 plugs on the block
1 muffler plug
Remove the hoses from the raw water pump, bend them down to get the water out
2 brass plugs on the v-drive
Tilt the trailer back and it's easy to shop-back the water from the bilge.
Check YouTube

You will hear about the anti-freeze method. That is a little more complex to get the anti-freeze pumped to the block and through the system w/o being diluted. Not hard, but probably not necessary since winter is almost over up there.

Mine does not have a heater, so I did not list that step.