PDA

View Full Version : US Costs vs. Canadian Costs

Mondo Ken
03-21-2018, 07:11 AM
Hi All,

I don't think this topic has been mentioned before, but hopefully this will allow for some sympathy to be felt for us Canadian new Moomba purchasers.....

Here is a link to a Dealer in Ontario (not mine) listing the costs of the Moomba line, minus the standard Mojo and the Helix in CAD$:

https://www.thecove.ca/search/inventory/availability/In%20Stock/type/Boats/brand/Moomba

Supra's CAD$:

https://www.thecove.ca/search/inventory/availability/In%20Stock/type/Boats/brand/Supra

I saw these Moomba's at our Boat Show in Toronto and they are equipped nicely, but not loaded. I'm not sure how the Supra's are equipped.

Surely there would be some wiggle room in their price, but I would assume not too much.

These prices are not high, nor low compared to other Dealers in our area.

These costs differences are due to the following:

~ Dollar Exchange
~ Duty
~ Import Taxes
~ Etc.

Also, up here we have a 13% tax that is added on top of all purchases, boats, cars, etc.

I hope you can now feel our pain when I see prices of new Moomba's being discussed on the forum that are thousands less than what we can buy them for.

They say you can't put a price on happiness.... but up here the same happiness only costs a lot more!

kaneboats
03-21-2018, 10:28 AM
OUCH! :mad: That really hurts. But you guys also have incredible health care.

RC_Hinojosa
03-21-2018, 10:49 AM
But you guys also have incredible health care.

...and no one wants to blow your country to smithereens, so yeah, you got that going for ya, LOL!

shockthis
03-21-2018, 11:06 AM
The boats are bought and sold in American Dollars, because they are made in the us, when the Dollar was a par or above par we were paying the same or cheaper, if you want a cheaper price then moving so that you could american dollars would help your situation out.

A start to getting a better exchange would be getting rid of Mr Trudeau who love to spend to much money and put our country into more debt.

shockthis
03-21-2018, 11:24 AM
There is no duty on US made boats coming into Canada, I know that a couple of people ordered Supra SL'S for low to mid 140's+tax Cad which works out to 106-112 k usd.

costanza
03-21-2018, 12:30 PM
Yup, the 30-31% charge on exchange rate, and provincial tax of another 15% are what's holding me back from upgrading right now in Canada... But hey, we have great maple syrop and poutine...

RC_Hinojosa
03-21-2018, 12:44 PM
But hey, we have great maple syrop and poutine...

I was in a wedding standing for a good friend of mine in Halifax, NS, he introduced me to Poutine. I think Poutine is God's gift to hungover people and checks all the right boxes for a nutritious meal, LOL.

kaneboats
03-21-2018, 01:47 PM
Eat that stuff and you won't need to worry about health care for very long.