PDA

View Full Version : having withdrawals

qb12
09-26-2006, 02:03 PM
okay, it's been two weeks since i have returned home without having a ups package sitting by the front door. and what is even sader is there is nothing that i or the boat really needs since the season is almost over.

it started early in the spring with a new wetsuit for the son and ended with the new surfboard rack and there was something at least once a week. :cry:

i hope i can make it thru till next spring.

Smrtz
09-26-2006, 05:17 PM
I feel your pain ... The boat has been sitting idle with air temps in the 60s during the day and lower at night... I just made the dreaded phone call to schedule the winterization and storage.. After next monday I wont even be able to see my boat except in pics until May 01/07
8 months... :cry:

BensonWdby
09-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Alas - I too have skiied the last run for the season (unlness I can convince the wife we need a trip to Acupulco - Ski Paradise). Water was chilly in western Wisconsin. Used the wet suit and tried a hood. I think I will go without the hood - it fills with water on takeoff and floods the ears.

Will be paying a lot for winterizing this year so they can do some preventive maintenance as well.

Fortunately I can see my boat in the garage up at the lake any weekedn I want....

Dave

zabooda
09-27-2006, 01:15 AM
Out West this time of year is as good as June for water and air temps. Mid to upper 80's all week through the weekend and no wind. I'm going out tomorrow after work and thank God for skiing after sunset as 7PM and the sun is down. It does start cooling off when the sun goes down so that heater is really nice.

YellowMoomba0
09-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Im good until almost Thanksgiving. Air temp in low 80s; however, it can spike in either direction. Water temp around 76 to 78. Wetsuit begins when water hits 70 or below. This time of the year is some of the best skiing with water temps, your in ski shape, most yahoos have called it quits for the season which leaves my slalom course less prone to violence.

We are also about to lose daylight savings time in a few weeks which will put me at weekends only.

qb12
09-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Ed, thanks for the offer. I would love to get done there but with the kids and all their activities it may be early 07 till that can be done.

we still have another 3-4 weeks here in oklahoma to get out. suppose to be low 80's this weekend. went out last sunday and water temp had dropped to 67.

but what i am missing the most is not having and surprises (of course i ordered them) on the front door.

guess i can start ordering some new snow ski stuff. 8)

Smrtz
09-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Im just counting the days until March... thats when My 6 month parental leave starts. Im in good shape to make next years Jamboree. Then i will have all next summer off to spend with my 2 babies... (boat & kid...no particular order...lol)
Its going to be a long winter! :(

Wolf-
09-30-2006, 11:02 PM
I'd say you need a Florida vacation.

Here, the season is just about to start. Weather starting to cool down (it was only 88 today) and going outdoors is starting to get pleasurable. Won't be long until the water starts to cool a bit too.

I love watersports during the months December thru April.

Ed, whats the water/air temps in your area in Nov - April?
Since I'm going to winterize myself, I might consider breaking the boat out for some long weekend trips to FL (from ATL).

Nafplio
10-01-2006, 02:16 AM
QB, I didn't think you can add anything to a Supra :D. I know what you mean man. I spent sooo much upgrading my boat this season. Next year, heater and FAE. Maybe a bigger board for my oldest kid.
On the temperatures. The water was 57 degrees today. Not much fun. I think I'm about done for the season. Can't complain, had a great summer. Looking forward to snowboarding.
Wolf, I'll be in Atlanta for a couple weeks for work starting the 9th. If you need a third, I'll chip in gas and your choice of beverage. BTW, you don't have to drag your boat to FL. Besides plenty of friendly Moomba owners, they have a cable park ($40 for a full day pass).

qb12
10-02-2006, 01:57 PM
QB, I didn't think you can add anything to a Supra :D. I know what you mean man. I spent sooo much upgrading my boat this season. Next year, heater and FAE. Maybe a bigger board for my oldest kid.
On the temperatures. The water was 57 degrees today. Not much fun. I think I'm about done for the season. Can't complain, had a great summer. Looking forward to snowboarding.
Wolf, I'll be in Atlanta for a couple weeks for work starting the 9th. If you need a third, I'll chip in gas and your choice of beverage. BTW, you don't have to drag your boat to FL. Besides plenty of friendly Moomba owners, they have a cable park ($40 for a full day pass).

naf, oh you can add trust me, 2nd amp, 13 inch sub, tower mirror, wakeboard prop, surf rack, strainer and i am sure there is more that i forgot, plus new ropes, surfboard, son's new board, my new "used" board, life jacket.

:roll: