PDA

View Full Version : Mojo to Max?

cpropes2005
03-14-2018, 01:43 PM
Anybody contemplated jumping from a Mojo to a Max? I love my 15 Mojo but I am getting a little tempted by some of the goodies on the newer models. The three main things that are on my mind as a reason for upgrading are 6 pump ballast, more storage with full ballast and autowake basically in that order. I know I could go with another Mojo but that doesn't really help with the storage issue plus financially the trade is more in the realm of possibility when looking at a Max over a new Mojo.

Am I crazy? I am generally more of a function over form guy so if it performed better the aesthetics don't really factor into it for me too much. The one thing I am pretty sure I will miss is the S-bend tower on my Mojo. I upgraded to that when I ordered my Mojo because there is a ton of clearance from the floor and that is an issue for tall guys like me. I also love how it looks and how sturdy it is but I haven't been in a Max yet to see how that tower compares.

I know I need to demo but that is when bad decisions get made so I am avoiding that for now and just polling you guys for opinions. :)

sivs1
03-14-2018, 02:10 PM
Are we all crazy? How much do decent surf boats cost now? Does your Mojo provide you with everything you want out of a boat? Is the Max really an upgrade? I think we have all considered upgrading or getting into something newer this time of year. I really enjoy my SA, but would really like a newer SA that doesn't mean I'm off to buy one. Would be curious on your thoughts after you demo.

KnoxMojo
03-14-2018, 05:34 PM
There isn't enough of a tech upgrade for me to let go of my '15 Mojo for a Max. 6" shorter but 2" wider. Yes it is deeper, but its also a lot more plain. The tower difference is a non issue as the Roswell Aviator is about the same as the S bend. If you know how to set up a boat, auto wake isn't needed. It works well for wakeboarding, but not so much for surfing. I have put a lot into my boat, ie, FAE, total stereo upgrade, lights inside and on the transom, bigger bags and a host of other comfort mods. Could not see starting over just for 3 more pumps.

parrothd
03-14-2018, 05:48 PM
I dunno I upgraded for surf pockets and autowake, I know how to set up the wake, but when I'm boarding its up to other less qualified people that don't so autowake is key!

cpropes2005
03-14-2018, 09:59 PM
My thoughts exactly on autowake. Everybody else gets the benefit of a driver who knows how to tweak everything to get the best wake but when I ride I struggle to get them to remember just to trim up the wake plate. Honestly the thing that is tempting me the most is the extra ballast pumps. I know it’s not a huge deal for most but we tend too have a lot of small kids and novices when we go out plus I like an occasional slalom run so I find myself constantly strategizing on who should ride when just so we don’t have to go through multiple 15 minute fill/empty cycles. In my head it would be nice to have quicker fill and empty times just so I didn’t have to worry about that as much.

DFTR Josh
03-15-2018, 10:22 AM
You won't be disappointed if you make the move to a MAX. Like you said the extra storage is huge and you will really feel that you're in a bigger boat. The sub floor nose ballast is awesome and that opens space for items that don't move all the time. The above the engine tray is one of the best standard options that I like about the MAX, I'm sure other models will follow suit. You will lose on the upgrade aspect of options that's available but like me it's about function and performance and I believe the MAX wins. Autowake I think is really under rated and the best that you can leave the drivers seat and get the same exact pull as everyone you watched in your mirror. Us that add more weight, list, people, etc. can dial the boat and set the Autowake to that and have the exact ride every time, I feel it's the best option Skiers Choice has ever came out with.

Ironcross25
03-16-2018, 08:02 PM
I have a 12 mojo. Love it but I recently stopped by the local dealer to check the max out and man!! Was it sweet! I wasn’t sure about it from the pics but in person it was sick. The color scheme was blue with the silver metal flake and the non skid flooring. If I could quick sale mine, I would seriously contemplate buying it. It was fully loaded too. I think they said it was 72,900.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk