PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Mojo service

98outback
03-13-2018, 04:03 PM
I’m fixing to change the oil and have a question about the cartridge style filter. Do I add oil to he canister like you would a spin on filter or just put it back together dry? Thanks

98outback
03-13-2018, 08:56 PM
I’m fixing to change the oil and have a question about the cartridge style filter. Do I add oil to he canister like you would a spin on filter or just put it back together dry? Thanks

Never mind. Figured it out.

rdlangston13
03-13-2018, 10:41 PM
I wanna know did if while changing the vdrive and transmission oil did anyone else extract much less fluid than the manual states it holds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98outback
03-13-2018, 10:46 PM
I am going to do all of mine this weekend. Did you end up pulling a screen on the bottom of the vdrive or transmission? I had my first service done at dealer so this is my second. Ordered fluids and filters including the inline fuel filter. Also new impeller and impeller puller. Always fought with the needle nose pliers with my last boat. I’m over that. I will keep track of how much of each I am able to extract.

rdlangston13
03-14-2018, 09:43 AM
I am going to do all of mine this weekend. Did you end up pulling a screen on the bottom of the vdrive or transmission? I had my first service done at dealer so this is my second. Ordered fluids and filters including the inline fuel filter. Also new impeller and impeller puller. Always fought with the needle nose pliers with my last boat. I’m over that. I will keep track of how much of each I am able to extract.

I was told by indmar that there is no screen to pull. I didn't look for one since that is what I was told, I just sucked the fluid out and put new fluid in and used the dipstick to know when it was full. Took a lot less fluid than the manual called for to show full by the dipstick.

iwannagofast
03-14-2018, 12:24 PM
Never mind. Figured it out.

Care to share? Did you add oil or leave dry?

kaneboats
03-14-2018, 03:44 PM
I just sucked the fluid out and put new fluid in and used the dipstick to know when it was full. Took a lot less fluid than the manual called for to show full by the dipstick.

This is what I do but then I watch it pretty carefully the first time out and check each time out after that.

rdlangston13
03-14-2018, 04:15 PM
This is what I do but then I watch it pretty carefully the first time out and check each time out after that.

The newer boats are not as easy to check as the old ones. The dip sticks are not in the most convenient location which makes it hard to check without a drill to remove the vdrive panel.

98outback
03-14-2018, 10:09 PM
Care to share? Did you add oil or leave dry?

Manual states put new filter cartridge in and put dab of oil on new Oring and reinstall. Doesn’t mention adding oil to canister.