PDA

View Full Version : 2016 craz total tow weight

xbrandloyal
03-11-2018, 01:07 PM
What is the total with dual axle trailer? I have loaded up craz with heater, upgraded tower, etc.

Currently tow with diesel Touareg that is amazing and can pull 7700. But lease is up and my garage can’t hold a bigger vehicle. Wondering if Durango or mid sized suv can work. Only tow 2 times a year rest is on a lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broke Pilot
03-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Dry weight shows 4K for the craz. So with gas and gear you’re probly 4800ish? Figure on 1500 for the trailer. So you’d be sitting around 6k total. That would seem reasonable.
Most midsize SUV’s will tow around 7k depending on specs. the new Chevy Colorado/Canyon with the baby duramax motor is around 7700 if you wanted a smaller truck. The Durango is probably one of the few SUV that could handle the weight before stepping up to a Tahoe or equivalent.

flynnva
03-11-2018, 07:36 PM
Moomba site says 2018 Craz with trailer is 5400, so I second 6k would be a good guess with fuel and gear. Only towing twice a year, you'd be fine with a midsize that can handle that weight. If you think you might ever tow more, I would look at something full size.

lsupcar
03-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Don't own one, but heard diesel Touareg are awesome. I would hold on to it if I could. Was it affected by the VW diesel recall? If what you have works well, and you are happy with it, keep it.

xbrandloyal
03-12-2018, 08:15 AM
I love the Touareg. It’s a lease from work so I can’t purchase or I would. Since they stopped selling I’m back to used. They are not cheap so started looking at options. Anyone use the Colorado ? Small truck might work

zabooda
03-12-2018, 12:02 PM
For twice a year I would get a full size beater truck, rent one or get a buddy to haul it to your place.

xbrandloyal
03-12-2018, 06:12 PM
That is an option but parking is limited. I tow in/out and a few times a summer so renting for weekend isn’t really an option. Anyone tow a craz with a Durango or smaller truck? I could just find another vw so that might be the best as I know it works well. Just 35k used for lower miles!

Broke Pilot
03-12-2018, 09:28 PM
A few more $$’s and you can have a brand new babymax colorado. A guy I fly with occasionally just got one a few months back. Loves it. He tows a 21’ bay boat down to matagorda regularly from Houston.
What is your parking constraint? A little more info there and we could probly help better.

xbrandloyal
03-13-2018, 12:54 AM
Thanks ! My boat and wife’s are car in my 2 stall garage. I park in single stall garage door...so narrow and short. Daughter and son driving next year so we will have another car! I’ll check out the baby trucks. They look nice but spendy compared to full size.

I really want a Jeep Wrangler again but too many toys :)