PDA

View Full Version : Steering Cable

Moomba57
03-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Good Morning,
Anyone know the model # for 2002 Moomba Outback LSV steering cable?
Thank you for the help.

JesseC
03-05-2018, 04:20 PM
teleflex ssc13418

If you have any questions on how to replace it, I have done 2 of them on that year and model.

deerfield
03-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Jesse - Hope things are going well in Alabama and you are getting ready for another season. Saw your name on the post. Just sayin' hello. - Stuart

Moomba57
03-05-2018, 06:51 PM
Thank you.
This will be my second one too. If I remember I'm suppose to turn the wheel all the way to the left before I removed the existing cable and install the new one in the same position? True or false?

JesseC
03-06-2018, 09:19 AM
Thank you.
This will be my second one too. If I remember I'm suppose to turn the wheel all the way to the left before I removed the existing cable and install the new one in the same position? True or false?

It has been at least five years since I did one but it is which ever direction that makes the cable the shortest at the steering wheel. I also tie a string to the steering wheel end to help fish the cable back through the helm area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JesseC
03-06-2018, 09:20 AM
Jesse - Hope things are going well in Alabama and you are getting ready for another season. Saw your name on the post. Just sayin' hello. - Stuart

Doin well. Ever since I got the Mondo I haven’t had many projects to do but I still lurk the board from time to time. How about yourself, hope all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moomba57
03-08-2018, 07:44 PM
Thank you for the help.