PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of 06-07 LSV Trunk

bryanshiflett
09-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Does anyone have pictures of the inside of a 2006 or 2007 LSV trunk? I believe the area under the rear seats is open to the trunk, but I'd like to verify that and see the size of the opening (if it exists). A picture taken from the swim step would be great. I'm trying to do a little planning for my boat that isn't here yet. Thanks.

JoeTechie
09-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Never heard this area called the "trunk" but...

The rear swim pads open to two HUGE storage areas. Both have passthroughs under the rear seat into the next under seating storage. The starboard side stops behind the driver, the port side stops at the mid point where the cooler starts. You can store skis easily in either.
The same is true for the bow storage. It starts under the front port seat (behind the windscreen), and goes under the dash, all the way around the bow until it reaches the starboard side dash console and stops.
HUGE amounts of storage. All of it carpeted.

Hope this helps,

-J

bryanshiflett
09-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Okay, fair enough. Maybe "locker" is a better term. Anyway, thanks for the quick reply. You don't happen to know the dimensions of the pass through area (in terms of width and height), do you? I think I heard the stock 2007 ballast is 70x16x10, but I want to know if I can put a 70x16x16 bag on each side. Thanks again.

JoeTechie
09-22-2006, 12:16 PM
What your asking does not make sense to me.

The length of both the stock and the bags you want is 70". How does the passthrough change that in any way ? Sounds like you just want a taller bag than stock. Go for it.

I'm confused where the passthrough comes into play here. FYI - it starts at 1" above the rear lockers (a lip of sorts), then is about 18"-20" wide and 9-10" high.

If you are looking to store skis when the bags are full - good luck. Not any good areas to do so. But I'm sure others here have found a secret or two. Go ahead and give up your evil genius ideas - we have probably all had them and maybe even discussed them here.

-Joe

bryanshiflett
09-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks, Joe. That's exactly what I was looking for.

You're right, the lengths are the same, which is why I was asking in terms of width and height. No "evil genius ideas," I just want to put a taller bag in the lockers. If the passthrough area was 16 inches high, I could put the 70x16x16 bags in there and fill them without any issues. Make sense? But it sounds like the stock bags are 10 inches high for a reason: that's the height of the passthrough area, and a 16 inch bag would be restricted.

Thanks again for your help.

JoeTechie
09-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Gotcha. I'm used to the basic bags that stay in the locker only, and do not extend any further - guess the new ones do.

Those lockers are huge, you can fit three screaming children in there... wait... was that out loud?

:shock:

-J