PDA

View Full Version : New Kicker 11" Tower Speakers

JHutch
03-01-2018, 02:15 PM
Was looking around online and saw these. Looks like an 11" HLCD setup from Kicker is coming out soon. Any idea what a real world cost will be?

http://www.kicker.com/kmtc-11-inch-4-ohm-coaxial-tower-system-white

Stazi
03-01-2018, 06:24 PM
Whoa! Nice....when are they getting released?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Poison
03-01-2018, 11:21 PM
Phil was hinting about some new, large diameter tower speakers. I’m excited to learn more. I always have great luck with Kicker stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ky_coop
03-03-2018, 10:33 PM
I have been looking at new moombas, not quite ready to pull the trigger yet but may be in a year or two when im ready they will be part of the tower audio upgrade??

philwsailz
03-05-2018, 10:17 AM
:D

Phil
Kicker

bergermaister
03-05-2018, 02:42 PM
In the famous words of Quiet Riot...

https://media.giphy.com/media/MXApm8NraO5Jm/200w_d.gif

philwsailz
03-05-2018, 02:57 PM
Since you brought it up...

Both the 9" and the 11" versions will be available sometime this summer in either white or black. The mid-bass/midrange drivers feature weatherproof polypropylene cones and stitched Santoprene surrounds. The 1.7" compression drivers are mated to Tractrix horns for smooth efficient performance without being harsh.

The clamp is cast from 316L stainless and features a standard swivel function as well as an integral socket/plug for ease of installation and off-water storage. RGB LEDs are standard also.

Stay tuned for pricing, but know they are very competitive in the market. Check here for availability and pricing as they come on-line: http://www.kicker.com/kmtc-horn-loaded-tower-systems

Phil
Kicker

Mitcheyb
03-21-2018, 09:53 PM
Since you brought it up...

Both the 9" and the 11" versions will be available sometime this summer in either white or black. The mid-bass/midrange drivers feature weatherproof polypropylene cones and stitched Santoprene surrounds. The 1.7" compression drivers are mated to Tractrix horns for smooth efficient performance without being harsh.

The clamp is cast from 316L stainless and features a standard swivel function as well as an integral socket/plug for ease of installation and off-water storage. RGB LEDs are standard also.

Stay tuned for pricing, but know they are very competitive in the market. Check here for availability and pricing as they come on-line: http://www.kicker.com/kmtc-horn-loaded-tower-systems

Phil
Kicker
When will these be ready .Was gonna go with Wet Sounds But might have to wait for these .What is price gonna be on the 11 Speakers .

russellsmojo
03-21-2018, 11:24 PM
Looks like they will hang two inches lower than rev 10 so better have tall tower like the S bend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chawk610
03-22-2018, 07:02 PM
As a kicker guy... this pleases meh

Mitcheyb
03-22-2018, 07:55 PM
Really wanting these .Send me some I will be your test boat .��

Getssum96
04-12-2018, 11:44 AM
Really wish these were on the market already. Would LOVE to hear them.

mattsask
04-12-2018, 04:12 PM
At $1499 USD, they must perform. I have to say though, I thought they would be under a G.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180412/51cda5201e0174f474a27869f0635ec3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

philwsailz
04-12-2018, 04:44 PM
Well I see the web guys have the price live on the website now...

These new systems come standard with a host of features as standard items rather than optional extras:
* 316L Stainless Steel clamp hardware; no powdery aluminum corrosion dust
* Swiveling clamp for 359 degrees of adjustment
* Quick release for easy dry storage off the boat
* Quick disconnect system for all electrical connections; no plugs dangling on wires either... Placing the can into the clamp literally plugs it in
* Integral RGB lighting
* LARGE compression-driven horns with TRACTRIX lens geometry for smooth sound up close that still projects at a distance
* Polypropylene midrange driver cones stitched to Santoprene surrounds for UV-stable water resistant toughness, no paper cones here...
* Biamp-ready wiring, in case you want to drive the mids and horns from separate amplifiers
* The crossover has two levels of horn volume adjustment in passive mode via a jumper in the adjustable crossover

There are some other top-secret proprietary features I don't want to talk about... There is some state-of-the-art engineering and some very critical internal features that we worked hard to master and dial in to make sure you guys were absolutely blown away when you got these in your hands.

Hang tight and stay tuned. The best place to check for availability is the KICKER web page, and when you see them available there, go get with your local KICKER dealer to find out when he will be getting his so you can demo a set.

The best amp right now for these will be the 44KXMA12002. It will run two pair with no issues.

FYI

Phil
Kicker

NoKaOi
06-11-2018, 06:54 AM
Well I see the web guys have the price live on the website now...

These new systems come standard with a host of features as standard items rather than optional extras:
* 316L Stainless Steel clamp hardware; no powdery aluminum corrosion dust
* Swiveling clamp for 359 degrees of adjustment
* Quick release for easy dry storage off the boat
* Quick disconnect system for all electrical connections; no plugs dangling on wires either... Placing the can into the clamp literally plugs it in
* Integral RGB lighting
* LARGE compression-driven horns with TRACTRIX lens geometry for smooth sound up close that still projects at a distance
* Polypropylene midrange driver cones stitched to Santoprene surrounds for UV-stable water resistant toughness, no paper cones here...
* Biamp-ready wiring, in case you want to drive the mids and horns from separate amplifiers
* The crossover has two levels of horn volume adjustment in passive mode via a jumper in the adjustable crossover

There are some other top-secret proprietary features I don't want to talk about... There is some state-of-the-art engineering and some very critical internal features that we worked hard to master and dial in to make sure you guys were absolutely blown away when you got these in your hands.

Hang tight and stay tuned. The best place to check for availability is the KICKER web page, and when you see them available there, go get with your local KICKER dealer to find out when he will be getting his so you can demo a set.

The best amp right now for these will be the 44KXMA12002. It will run two pair with no issues.

FYI

Phil
Kicker

Phil, do you have an ETA on when these will be released? I'd like to get a pair of tower speakers for this season. Thanks!

Broke Pilot
06-13-2018, 09:38 PM
Are there going to be any provisions to bolt them to factory locations on a Supra tower plates?

jcornell26
06-20-2018, 12:28 AM
Phil, do you have an ETA on when these will be released? I'd like to get a pair of tower speakers for this season. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MLA
09-25-2018, 10:50 PM
There are some white KMTC9 and KMTC11 in stock, FYI

Broke Pilot
09-26-2018, 09:41 PM
Seems like interest really died off on these... I totally forgot about them. Anyone heard a set yet?

mattsask
09-26-2018, 09:47 PM
At 11" they must be huge enclosures. It's tough to tell from the pics on their website though. I was thinking they'd be less expensive than they are. At that price point, I'd be inclined to lean towards wetsounds though.

NoKaOi
10-07-2018, 04:45 PM
I guess they'll be getting released for the 2019 season - they still aren't released.

MLA
10-07-2018, 05:45 PM
Some are in stock.

philwsailz
10-08-2018, 02:37 PM
The black ones are about 20 days out in transit. We have white ones in both the 9" and the 11" in stock.

Better late than never I guess.... LOL

Phil
Kicker

Broke Pilot
10-10-2018, 12:17 AM
I’d sure like to hear a set and see the mounting options. No one has any down here I can find

MLA
10-17-2018, 07:59 PM
At 11" they must be huge enclosures. It's tough to tell from the pics on their website though. I was thinking they'd be less expensive than they are. At that price point, I'd be inclined to lean towards wetsounds though.

yes, they are large