PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Moomba Mojo 2.5 Purchase Questions..

downunder366
02-26-2018, 03:36 PM
Hi I am looking into a used 2012 Moomba Mojo 2.5..

It has the following features/notes:
- 340hrs
- Indmar 345
- GPS zero off cruise
- Wake Plate
- 3100 lbs ballast

Looking for recommendations on things to check or be aware of with this model and year boat. I'm not too familiar with the boat.

How does this boat compare with other surf boats of the same/similar year? We are not looking to have something too fancy. Just a nice boat with a good surf wake and we can still do a small amount of tubing and skiing with etc.

Cheers.

996scott
02-27-2018, 05:25 PM
I'm not really familiar with the Mojo so I can't offer a lot of info and how it compares to other boats but I'm sure a few guys will chime in. As far as things go when you are looking to buy I would check a few things....

How many hrs on the boat?
Is the interior/exterior in good shape? No tears in the vinyl or carpet? No major scratches in the gelcoat? Does it look like it has been well taken care of?
was it stored outside or in? Was it winterized properly?
Was it dealer serviced and does the owner have all the receipts?
Is the owner good to answer questions? I think you are buying the person as much as the boat.
Can you test drive it before buying?
What modifications have been done to it? ie. stereo etc
Is everything is working order like all the gauges, knobs, switches?

these are just a few things I would want to know before buying. Good luck.

JHutch
02-28-2018, 01:00 PM
I don't have one but a Mojo is probably my next boat. I think that they made a change to the hull in '15 to make a better wakeboard wake at slow speeds?

Ironcross25
03-02-2018, 09:19 AM
I have a 12. Love it. I put 1100’s in each rear compartment. And added a surf gate. Surf wave is awesome. It sounds like the previous owner upgraded the ballast b/c mine had 1200 of ballast when I got it. I haven’t had any issues and have had mine for a little over 3 years now. Six years old now and still get looks and compliments on her. Wakeboard wake is a little washy at slow speeds but I can usually get it pretty good with some weight distribution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk