PDA

View Full Version : Summerization

Lakelife13
02-18-2018, 07:07 PM
I normally take my moomba to a dealer for winterization and summerization but for this year's summerization I believe I'd like to get into doing some of it myself not that I don't like the dealers service but it's 1hr and 40min trip one way and I normally have to leave it all week and besides that everyone loves to save money right? So my question is what all really needs to be done to be summerized? Supposedly for this past winter service they changed the 1.engine oil and filter
2.Fuel filter
3.checked all belts and hoses
4.checked alignment
5.greased u joints
6.serv transmission
So I'm sure I will need to replace my impeller what else can you guys help me out with?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

mcjimmy33
02-18-2018, 08:00 PM
Change the impeller (buy an impeller puller if you don’t already own one) and start it up, inspect the engine area for any water and that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLA
02-18-2018, 08:09 PM
So my question is what all really needs to be done to be summerized?

In a perfect world, a boat should be turn-key ready come spring. Maybe charge the batteries up a little. Put it on the ear muffs or fake a lake and fire it up, prior to heading to the ramp.

What you need to do is figure what was not done by the shop, as in what was left off or disconnected. Certainly worthy of a debate, but shops are known to leave plugs out and hoses off during winterizing.

As far as actual services, nothing should need to be done, should have all been done at seasons end. We can certainly debate the impeller part of that, but my opinion, i dont really see an issue with it being in over the winter. Again, i like my boats to be turn-key ready when im ready to ride.

MJHSupra
02-19-2018, 06:45 AM
Running the boat for a little while should catch if there are any loose hoses or plugs. You should not to run it for long.

Then make sure to put the main drain plug back in the transom before heading to the ramp.

Good point about the batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk