PDA

View Full Version : Gauge diameters

mvd
09-21-2006, 04:11 AM
What are the imperial or metric gauge diameters for the Moomba boats?
Biggest is the RPM and smaller are fuel. What is the build-in diameter.

Txs

Jon
09-22-2006, 12:35 PM
I responded by email to the author but for anybody else wanting to know, the smaller gauges are 2" and the Larger are 3.5".

mvd
09-23-2006, 03:40 AM
If you remove the tachometer, a Fosters can with a straw fits perfectly in that hole.

and if you have PP installed right next to the Fosters, you never have to take your lips off the straw.

??? :?

Planning to install an fuel flowmeter and therfore needed to know the gauge diameters.

Schmitter
12-08-2006, 04:06 PM
I am looking for a clock to put in small blank on my dash. It would seem like a good idea to make one, but I can't find one that matches the other guages. I don't like wearing a watch and our lake has rules about what time you can start on weekends and what time you have to stop every day. Anyone know of a good solution for this?

Double D
12-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Add GPS unit. I run a dash mounted Garmin V in my boat. I then get a correct speed (even though I run two speedometers anyway) along with perfect/correct time, sunrise and sunset times, and when I come home I can download my trip onto my computer so it maps out where I was.

Right now I am dropping all of my trips onto each other to see if there is a location on the lake that I tend to favor during different parts of the year.

Each trip on the water also collects data so I know how long I was on the lake, average miles covered, average speed, etc..

Schmitter
12-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Interesting concept, my lake is only 1.5 miles long and about 1/3 mile wide. GPS would kind of be like shooting a rabit with a nuculear warhead. I like the idea though. I wonder if anyone makes a multi function digital GPS speedo/clock/temp guage.

Double D
12-08-2006, 06:57 PM
That is a pretty small lake. I like to ski a couple of lakes in my area, so the maps are cool. Especially after you lay each trip on top of one another within a map on the computer.

With my program, I can also enter "notes" within the trip. My GPS takes care of the trail/map, speed (highest speed attended, average speed), time on the water, clock, dates, etc.. I enter in the wind speed, cloud cover, temperature of both air and water (water is only taken at first 4 inches).

Each trip is then logged. When they are reading my eulogy, they can tell the morners how many hours I spent on the water and how many miles I covered! :wink:

I do this for my hunting trips but include photos as part of my documentation. I just want my future grandkids, great grandkids, great, great grandkids, and beyond that to see how much fun I had when I was alive.