PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Mojo on order and have a few questions

flynnva
02-07-2018, 08:21 PM
I have a 2018 Mojo on order and the build starts in about a week. I'd like to get anything I will need ordered so I will be ready in the spring. I'm coming out of a 24' Stingray so I'm good on the basic boat stuff. As for ballast, should I pull the 900's and get Enzo or MB F24 bags or T off the 900's to some smaller bags under the bench seats? It will have the 6 pump system if that matters. I trailer to the lake so would like to not add lead. Is the stock front ballast good for a surf wave?
Audio, I did the bow speakers, amp, sub, Wet Sounds tower and amp. I believe I read somewhere that the sub needs an enclosure of some sort to get the best sound out of it. Is this correct and any recommendations on an enclosure? Please don't recommend to scratch the factory stereo and build my own, not looking to do that.
This is my first wake boat so any recommendations for a surf wave or wake would be great. We are novice wake boarders and new to surfing.
Also, thanks for this awesome site. I've been hanging around here a bit and reading a lot. I have also spoke with a couple members that are local to me and looking forward to their help this spring.
Thanks, Tim

17Mojo
02-07-2018, 09:47 PM
Congrats on the new Moomba ! How long does it take if you order ? Wish I had advice for you but I got mine the day before Christmas Eve so I haven't actually had it in the water yet. I will tell you from what I habe read is that you do need 1100s or Enzos I was gonna buy Enzos then I found a deal on some 1100s on this site pre owned so I bought those instead to save some coin. I had the dealer install Icon 8s on the tower and I just ordered some XS65i off the web on the cheap to replace the kickers. Not that there was anything wrong with Kickers just want the tower to match the cabin and bow speakers. I also just ordered some new trailer wheels. Hopefully in the next week or too everything will come in and I can post pics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lsupcar
02-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Congradulations on the order.
I will look forward to hearing your impressions once you get it.
Can you share other specs of your build? Such as did you get the auto flow 2 or 3? Surf Pipe?
How many people do you usually boat with? If it is many, you could probably just stick to stock ballast at first and see how you like it. If you want more, just T off some bags under the seats. That is what I did. I am not sure if wake makers already has upgrade bags that will take advantage of the six pump set up. They may but I just don't know.

KG's Supra24
02-07-2018, 10:07 PM
Congrats!

You will likely want 1100's or Enzo. Depends on your loss of storage tolerance. It's been a while since I've looked but aren't the f24 bags a touch smaller measurements than the 1100s? If so, go that route. Mojo could use a custom sized bag to take better advantage of the space.
On bow, do you have the factory IBS? If so, it will be plenty.
Sub certainly will sound better in an enclosure but it's a not a small project. A local installer is ideal if they have adequate experience. There are threads showing other options, some pre built boxes or use of the powered Wetsounds woofer.
Be patient, you might want to look up some tips on "steering" an inboard at slow speed/docking

Do you ever tie-up to other boats? I ask bc "basic boat stuff" bumpers may not be ideal.
With those colors, you will want something to wipe the boat down with.
Proper ropes for each sport. Proper fitting life jackets.
Goggles and underwater knife so you can untangle said ropes, if needed

You might want a video camera bc you are going to have a ton of fun!

dusty2221
02-07-2018, 10:25 PM
Keep the 900s, buy some lead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

flynnva
02-07-2018, 11:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome and advice.
17Mojo, I ordered in September and my dealer gave me a build slot he had for January, it later got pushed back to February. I ordered at the busy season because they are trying to pump out the 2018's to the dealers and do the custom orders. I figured as long as I get it by spring, I'm good. I'll be looking forward to some pics of yours, thanks.
Isupcar, Happy to share the specs, I checked every box except automatic fire suppression and heater. It has the flow 2.0, the 3.0 is only for the Pro and my daughter required me to get metal flake so that ruled out a Pro, lol. We normally have a small group, probably 5 to 7 people.
KG, The Mojo is standard with 3000lbs, so yes it has the center and bow ballast. I've read of 1 person using the f24 bags but he folded the ends down to clear the heater on one side and have storage on the other, I didn't know if anyone else is using this bag. I agree, a custom Mojo bag is needed. I probably will just leave the stereo as is for now, give me something to fool with next fall. I don't tie off to other boats often, I do have fenders with fleece covers on them and extra Ronix fenders. We already have wake boards and ropes. I picked up a Hyperlite Broadcast 5'4" for a boat board, that seemed like a good one for beginners and big guys and an Inland Surfer sweet Spot.
Dusty, If storage is an issue I might buy lead but I prefer bags if I can.

RC_Hinojosa
02-08-2018, 10:03 AM
Congrats flynnva!

With an open-back helm panel, you are definitely gonna want an enclosure for your factory sub, otherwise it's output is extremely underwhelming.

With some measurements, there are many good pre-built (sealed & ported) options. Sealed enclosures tend to produce tighter bass, whereas ported tend to have a louder output but music tastes can also dictate which route to go. Once you start looking at getting a custom built enclosure, you kind of reach a tipping point of investment where you might as well upgrade the sub and add a dedicated amp.

sivs1
02-08-2018, 10:42 AM
I'm using the MB24 bag in my SA, it is massive, almost 1,600 pounds I believe. I do have to fold over the end and I do not have any under seat storage because of the bag. I originally put in a T and added a second bag under my seat to see if the extra weight was worth buying a single bag, it was. Using the T approach added draining issues for me, my pumps feed the hard tank then fill the bag, the second bag, third in line for draining never fully drained on its own. Use the Moomba WakeMakers discount code and buy the MB24, no one ever said I have too much weight.

lsupcar
02-08-2018, 11:42 AM
With a single huge bag per side extending under the side seats, are you able fold the bag or block it somehow if you want to use the under side seat area for storage?
To give myself more options, I added a valve to my under seat bags that are t'ed of the rears.

sivs1
02-08-2018, 12:00 PM
With a single huge bag per side extending under the side seats, are you able fold the bag or block it somehow if you want to use the under side seat area for storage?
To give myself more options, I added a valve to my under seat bags that are t'ed of the rears.

I will be toying with this idea this summer. Folding of the bag over itself helps but does not stop water 100%. I may come up with a clamp type of solution that is easy to install and remove but of course does not damage the bag. I have no storage in those areas due to bags.

flynnva
02-13-2018, 09:32 PM
Thanks for all the info everyone. Our Mojo gets sprayed this week. I don't think I can wait till spring, super stoked to finally get a wake boat and just fell in love with the look and layout of the Mojo when I first looked at them. Here is the colors we went with, I know they aren't for everyone but my daughter designed it and loved it and that makes it look awesome to me.

RC_Hinojosa
02-14-2018, 10:39 AM
Here is the colors we went with, I know they aren't for everyone but my daughter designed it and loved it and that makes it look awesome to me.

Congrats again, the renderings look awesome! You should get your dealer to paint your bimini arms and speaker cans green, that would look sick :cool:

DFTR Josh
02-14-2018, 12:03 PM
Thanks for all the info everyone. Our Mojo gets sprayed this week. I don't think I can wait till spring, super stoked to finally get a wake boat and just fell in love with the look and layout of the Mojo when I first looked at them. Here is the colors we went with, I know they aren't for everyone but my daughter designed it and loved it and that makes it look awesome to me.
That will be a very good looking Mojo, can't wait to see it on the water. Now the real wait begins...

kaneboats
02-14-2018, 01:13 PM
Congrats! Go Seahawks! :cool:

rdlangston13
02-14-2018, 05:09 PM
We have a 2017
Mojo with the 900s and we just placed two 400 lb bags under the cabin seats. We currently use a tsunami pump to fill and empty them which works great because they are completely independent from the 900s. If we need the storage we just pile gear on top of them and on days we want to go heavy we just don’t put anything in there and fill the bags with the tsunami. The problem with the Enzo’s is you never have the option to have that storage, even if you put 700 lbs in the back the part under the seats will fill. We also use 200 lbs of lead to supplement the bags, may add another 200 lbs this season.

I would look at getting a small box anchor if you don’t already have one. Also the inflatable bouys are great to have since they don’t take up much space when deflated. I am also trying to convince skiers choice to come out with an over the engine storage tray for the Mojos, if this ever happens I would suggest getting one. It can easily hold a box anchors, ropes, and deflated bouys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flynnva
02-15-2018, 06:35 PM
Congrats again, the renderings look awesome! You should get your dealer to paint your bimini arms and speaker cans green, that would look sick :cool:
Thanks, I had also thought about the arms and cans, didn't know if that would be overkill. If I decided to do that, I guess they are easy to pull and take to a paint shop.

That will be a very good looking Mojo, can't wait to see it on the water. Now the real wait begins...
Thanks, I hope the real boat looks as sexy as the build pictures! If you are ever out my way, you are welcome to see it on the water in person.

Congrats! Go Seahawks! :cool:
NO!!!!!!!!!!! I knew there would be someone! Thanks though.

We have a 2017 Mojo with the 900s and we just placed two 400 lb bags under the cabin seats. We currently use a tsunami pump to fill and empty them which works great because they are completely independent from the 900s. If we need the storage we just pile gear on top of them and on days we want to go heavy we just don’t put anything in there and fill the bags with the tsunami.
I would look at getting a small box anchor if you don’t already have one. Also the inflatable bouys are great to have since they don’t take up much space when deflated. I am also trying to convince skiers choice to come out with an over the engine storage tray for the Mojos, if this ever happens I would suggest getting one. It can easily hold a box anchors, ropes, and deflated bouys
Thanks for the tips, I'm going to wait and see how storage works out before I decide on bags.