PDA

View Full Version : Best product for removing spots on gelcoat

philnizz
02-06-2018, 04:38 AM
Hi

i am looking for the best product to remove spots after boating. Do you guys have any experience with Boat Juice or Hot Sauce? Are there other products you can recommend?

Thanks!

Badfoot
02-06-2018, 07:58 AM
Hot Sauce works great. I'm sold on it. Spray it on and wipe it off each time I take it out of the water. Doesn't take any hard scrubbing and removes spots from gel, SS and the logo letters, pretty much all surfaces with water spots. Too easy and saves lots of time. I first heard about it here on this forum from DFTR and passed it on to all my boating friends. They all love it. I recommend giving it a try for sure.

RC_Hinojosa
02-06-2018, 10:09 AM
I know Hot Sauce and Boat Bling products in general get a lot of love here and for good reason, they work.

My Moomba dealer actually stopped carrying the Boat Bling line and now sell Hula Boat Care https://www.hulaboatcare.com/

Hula products are made in Austin, TX, are eco-friendly, work phenomenal and they smell great. I haven't tried everything they have yet but the Gnarly water spot remover & Surf Away spray detailer do a great job on the outside. Wipe Out vinyl cleaner and conditioner works wonders on the inside without any weird chemical smells.

DFTR Josh
02-06-2018, 11:08 AM
There's a LOT of products on the market and all have good qualities in them. I chose Boat Bling mainly for their interior Vinyl Sauce when I had a very white interior and nothing worked except the sauce. Moved on trying the exterior Hot Sauce and never looked back. Best quality of Hot Sauce is the polymer wax in it, this will protect and keep the show room shine for years to come. My biggest claim to fame was my old MB, 4 years and I never waxed it and it was an outside boat full time. When I sold it the person asked how much I wax it and was surprised when I said never. These days I get the Hot & Vinyl sauce by the gallon from Marine Products, having the discount code is a plus to save a little cash.
http://www.marine-products.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=boat+bling Discount Code: DFTR
(Thanks for the love Badfoot)

wario
02-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Black hull cleaning after a long summer, juice vs sauce. IMO the boat bling did a slightly(very) better job of removing hard water spots but the smell of the boat juice is vastly superior to the bling. Boat bling smells like your wiping your boat down with cat piss.

*Edit
Sorry about that large white spot you see, that a reflection from a paint drop on the floor of my shop.

996scott
02-06-2018, 12:46 PM
I really like Chemical Guys boat wipe down. I just wish they sold it by the gallon.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Wipe_Down_Quick_Detailer_and_Water_Spot_Remover_p/mbw10416.htm

DFTR Josh
02-06-2018, 06:21 PM
Black hull cleaning after a long summer, juice vs sauce. IMO the boat bling did a slightly(very) better job of removing hard water spots but the smell of the boat juice is vastly superior to the bling. Boat bling smells like your wiping your boat down with cat piss.
Cat piss is a little harsh, LOL.

The General
02-06-2018, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=philnizz;321098]Hi

i am looking for the best product to remove spots after boating. Do you guys have any experience with Boat Juice or Hot Sauce? Are there other products you can recommend?

I bought a bunch of Hot sauce and then a guy at the dealership told me to just use 50/50 vinegar and water. I am convinced it works just as good as the $100/gallon Hot sauce.

philnizz
02-07-2018, 03:56 AM
Thank you! I'll check if i find a shop that delivers one of your recommended products to europe. :-)

wario
02-07-2018, 11:06 AM
Josh you’re correct but a cat is generally smaller than a dog so I went with that. :)

And yes vinegar and water will remove water spots but it will also remove the protective wax you want on your gel. The products in question are formulated to remove spots and apply wax simultaneously. It’s actually easier and more cost effective to use a quality wipe down product.

DFTR Josh
02-07-2018, 11:09 AM
I bought a bunch of Hot sauce and then a guy at the dealership told me to just use 50/50 vinegar and water. I am convinced it works just as good as the $100/gallon Hot sauce.
The water and vinegar works very well, only problem it strips your wax and you have to stay on top of it. I posted above 4 years owning an outside boat and not having to ever wax it and still looked brand new using Boat Bling products when I sold it. Looking at prices I see the Hotsauce at $45 a gallon here Marine Products (http://www.marine-products.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=boat+bling).

smorris7
02-07-2018, 11:26 AM
The water and vinegar works very well, only problem it strips your wax and you have to stay on top of it. I posted above 4 years owning an outside boat and not having to ever wax it and still looked brand new using Boat Bling products when I sold it. Looking at prices I see the Hotsauce at $45 a gallon here Marine Products (http://www.marine-products.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=boat+bling).

Never seen hot sauce above 45.00 a gallon. Even cheaper with one of our various discounts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk