PDA

View Full Version : LED Docking Lights

rdlangston13
01-31-2018, 06:59 PM
Anyone know what LED bulbs replace the stock halogen bulbs for the docking lights in a 2017 Mojo? I would love to get away from that off white look.

kaneboats
02-01-2018, 01:11 PM
I would pull one and go into one of these stores. If it is exorbitant, then go online with the info.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/store-locator?search=Houston%2C+TX&lat=&lng=

zabooda
02-01-2018, 08:38 PM
You need to find out what the light base is, wattage and dimensions inside the housing and then research an equivalent which can take some time since all LEDs with the same base has different output and the trick is to get a bulb with the wattage similar to what has been taken out. I replaced my truck backup lights and cargo box lights with LEDs and they make a big difference with the stock incandescent. Replacing halogens may not increase the light but they would be whiter. Amazing to see cars with white headlights and the fog lights are the off white halogens.

Catman
02-01-2018, 08:58 PM
I have the boxes they came with I should be up at the lake house by the end of next week I’ll take a pic of the box

rdlangston13
02-01-2018, 09:05 PM
You need to find out what the light base is, wattage and dimensions inside the housing and then research an equivalent which can take some time since all LEDs with the same base has different output and the trick is to get a bulb with the wattage similar to what has been taken out. I replaced my truck backup lights and cargo box lights with LEDs and they make a big difference with the stock incandescent. Replacing halogens may not increase the light but they would be whiter. Amazing to see cars with white headlights and the fog lights are the off white halogens.

Our car has the opposite problem. Came with halogen head lights and LED fog lights lol. Came from the factory that way, not sure what Ford was thinking.

rdlangston13
02-01-2018, 09:05 PM
I have the boxes they came with I should be up at the lake house by the end of next week I’ll take a pic of the box

That would be awesome man! Thanks!

yooper
08-13-2018, 05:32 PM
Did anyone ever figure this out?

mmandley
08-14-2018, 12:20 AM
Also curious if anyone knows the LED that works for the bow light. I bought the size the bow light is but it wont work when pluged in. Nothing happens, plug the old bulb in and it works.

That puppy gets super hot at night and I have to always remember to lay a towel over it when holding onto the dock before the lift grabs the boat.

zabooda
08-14-2018, 01:09 AM
Reverse the wires. LEDs work in one direction.

kaneboats
08-14-2018, 08:27 AM
Reverse the wires. LEDs work in one direction.

Oh no. Not One Direction!