PDA

View Full Version : Enzo Bags

MMPRES
01-30-2018, 01:03 PM
I have a 2016 Craz. I'm happyish with my current setup, but it leaves a little bit to be desired, both wakeboard and surfing.

My current setup:

Stock center hard tank
650 PNP sac in the bow and 900s PNP in the tail.

I want more push on my surf wave and would like a little bigger wakeboard wake. Obviously the displacement of the added 200+ lbs on each side could help facilitate this, but I have a few questions about the repercussions of replacing my current setup.

By adding these bags, do you loose all storage in the back half of the boat? How far forward do the bags go?
Is there an issue with these bags, when full, putting stress on the seat bases near the back? Namely pressing upward into the fiberglass base.
Do any of you wakeboard with the Enzos in the tail? Do you need additional nose weight to compensate/plane off?

As always, pictures are appreciated.

mcjimmy33
01-30-2018, 04:25 PM
Cant speak for the enzos, but I run 1100s in the rear and I feel its plenty for wakeboarding, I dont even fill them all the way up. Easily fits in the locker if the sides are reinforced. I could see a benefit of some more weight for surfing however.

mattsask
01-30-2018, 04:44 PM
I run enzo's in my craz. They fill the entire void under the seats, pretty much exact size. I can't get to wakeboard speed with enzos full with my current 15x13 prop, but my 16 doesn't have auto launch. I run an extra 400# in the nose. I've filled the ballast after getting on plane, and the wakeboard wake is massive.

P.s. the enzos are a bit more than 200# more per side than your 900's

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

MMPRES
01-31-2018, 10:48 AM
P.s. the enzos are a bit more than 200# more per side than your 900's

I realize now, after looking more in depth, that it would be closer to 500+, good to know.

Now I've read about the surf max package added to the 2017 and continuing Moombas. For the Craz, is it the same as my current setup? I already have the surf tabs w/ launch assist. But is the weighting the same or more with the surf max package?

RC_Hinojosa
01-31-2018, 11:15 AM
For the Craz, is it the same as my current setup? I already have the surf tabs w/ launch assist. But is the weighting the same or more with the surf max package?

The Surf Max package upgrades the rears from 650s to 900s (for a total of 3000lbs), which it sounds like you already have. Enzos are 1450s so you are looking at an additional 1100lbs.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but starting with the 17's, the engine panel dividers come reinforced. You'll likely want the kit from Wakemakers to keep the panels from bowing towards the motor with the weight of the Enzos https://www.wakemakers.com/engine-divider-panel-saver.html

KG's Supra24
01-31-2018, 11:20 AM
I couldn't wrap my head around losing all my storage space. We have 1100s in the back and I bought 450 lbs of lead to use this summer for surfing.

I thought the wakeboard wake was very solid with the 1100s. For surfing, the 1100s don't allow you to maximize the boats ballast to full potential if you have IBS ... thus the reason I'm adding lead. More weight in the rear will allow me to use more weight in the front (more displacement) and still allow the boat to sit in the water at the proper angle.

If I only cared about the wake/wave, the enzo's are a great answer but I'm not willing to sacrifice that storage.

mattsask
01-31-2018, 11:31 AM
I realize now, after looking more in depth, that it would be closer to 500+, good to know.

Now I've read about the surf max package added to the 2017 and continuing Moombas. For the Craz, is it the same as my current setup? I already have the surf tabs w/ launch assist. But is the weighting the same or more with the surf max package?I'm fairly certain that you have the same amount of weight as the surf max package. My surf edition came with 650's in rear and IBS up front. I think the surf max is just 900's in the rear with same INS.

mattsask
01-31-2018, 11:39 AM
I should have read the other posts before I posted. RC answered your question.

KG makes a very valid point about storage, with the enzo's you will lose all rear storage. We have a cottage on the water, so storage isn't an issue for us, because we generally just go out for a few hrs at a time. If you're making day trips and don't have a home base on the water, I would agree that lead is definitely the better option.

MMPRES
01-31-2018, 04:40 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but starting with the 17's, the engine panel dividers come reinforced. You'll likely want the kit from Wakemakers to keep the panels from bowing towards the motor with the weight of the Enzos https://www.wakemakers.com/engine-divider-panel-saver.html

I've already made the reinforcement. We have some friends that own a composite plastic production facility close to the lake that hooked me up with an 1" thick sheet that I modded to support the entire engine compartment wall that the bag would sit up against. My family has used considerable weight in the rear compartments on several of our boats in the past and we knew that that paneling was going to need reinforcement on mine. Very important feature to have that only recently came out.

MMPRES
01-31-2018, 04:43 PM
I couldn't wrap my head around losing all my storage space. We have 1100s in the back and I bought 450 lbs of lead to use this summer for surfing.

I thought the wakeboard wake was very solid with the 1100s. For surfing, the 1100s don't allow you to maximize the boats ballast to full potential if you have IBS ... thus the reason I'm adding lead. More weight in the rear will allow me to use more weight in the front (more displacement) and still allow the boat to sit in the water at the proper angle.

If I only cared about the wake/wave, the enzo's are a great answer but I'm not willing to sacrifice that storage.

Where are you purchasing the lead? Those might be the answer for me as well.

I'm with you on the storage. We're out for multiple hours at a time and those rear compartments come in handy.

KG's Supra24
01-31-2018, 04:49 PM
I bought from leadwake. I think they had a black friday deal that made it less than $1 per pound. Right now it looks like they are doing buy 9 bags, get the 10th free. I bought the 50 lb bags.

https://www.leadwake.com/collections/frontpage

rdlangston13
01-31-2018, 07:04 PM

Just an FYI I am trying to convince SC to make over the engine storage trays for the Mojo, Craz, and Mondo. This could help you out with storage, I am thinking i can fit my box anchor, docking lines, and inflatable bouys in that tray which will pretty much free up the rest of my under seat storage for ballast. I have a 400 on each side under the seats that I currently just fill with a tsunami pump.

mattsask
01-31-2018, 07:10 PM
Just an FYI I am trying to convince SC to make over the engine storage trays for the Mojo, Craz, and Mondo. This could help you out with storage, I am thinking i can fit my box anchor, docking lines, and inflatable bouys in that tray which will pretty much free up the rest of my under seat storage for ballast. I have a 400 on each side under the seats that I currently just fill with a tsunami pump.How successful have you been so far? Have they given you any idea on price point?

Broke Pilot
01-31-2018, 07:24 PM
I'd love one of those trays for my box anchor in the SA. That's the only thing I'm having trouble storing. It's easy to fold they said... lmao

MJHSupra
01-31-2018, 08:15 PM
I bought from leadwake. I think they had a black friday deal that made it less than $1 per pound. Right now it looks like they are doing buy 9 bags, get the 10th free. I bought the 50 lb bags.

https://www.leadwake.com/collections/frontpage

I also bought last year on the Black Friday sale from LeadWake. Here are some sites to review:

https://www.leadwake.com/

http://www.pop-products.com/

http://wakeballast.com/

rdlangston13
01-31-2018, 09:26 PM
How successful have you been so far? Have they given you any idea on price point?

I have been hounding Drew about it and he says hes being forwarding on what I saw to Matt Brown aka goose. I started a poll on the Moomba and Supra Boat owners facebook page asking people if they would be interested if they made one and I have very positive feedback. Everyone seems like they want one of these things.

I have no idea on price point, I would guess around $150 but hold me to that.

BrettLee3232
02-01-2018, 02:52 AM
I have a 400 on each side under the seats that I currently just fill with a tsunami pump.

Why don’t you just piggyback off your rears? I used a Y off the fill line to fill main bag and under seat bag. Vented under seat bag into rear bag & just did 1 vent on rear bag with a check valve. Works great, I couldn’t imagine using a tsunami every time 🤷🏼*♂️

+1000000000 on over engine tray!!!! Although on my Mondo it looks like maybe 2-3” only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
02-01-2018, 08:32 AM
Why don’t you just piggyback off your rears? I used a Y off the fill line to fill main bag and under seat bag. Vented under seat bag into rear bag & just did 1 vent on rear bag with a check valve. Works great, I couldn’t imagine using a tsunami every time 🤷🏼*♂️

+1000000000 on over engine tray!!!! Although on my Mondo it looks like maybe 2-3” only

Yeah I’ve been thinking about tying them in some how, think is until we have an engine tray storage solution it will remain a giant PITA to fill those 400s since we have to empty out everything under those seats and stash stuff all over the floor so It really doesn’t get used that often. I wonder if there is a port on the front of those 900s I could just connect to with a small
Valve. I don’t always want those 400s to fill which is why I don’t want Enzo’s.

RC_Hinojosa
02-01-2018, 10:41 AM
I wonder if there is a port on the front of those 900s I could just connect to with a small
Valve.

There is a front vent port on the 900s David.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180201/4bb6b81c9fa76bba195bdb3725413c4b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

parrothd
02-01-2018, 11:29 AM
What's the storage thing you speak of and why do you want it? Lol.. Pack light, no need for storage.

KG's Supra24
02-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Cooler alone requires storage space. Coolers in the middle of the floor drive me nuts.

mattsask
02-01-2018, 12:39 PM
+1 On the cooler. We use a soft cooler that I usually slide up near that plexi wind screen towards the bow. I would have gladly sacrificed 300# of sub floor ballast for a cooler in the floor though. That seems like a super slick option on those swanky big name boats.

rdlangston13
02-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Cooler alone requires storage space. Coolers in the middle of the floor drive me nuts.

Me too but I realized I lost that battle with the wife long ago. I tried putting our A/O under the seats and quickly got told that that was not an option due to how long it took to get a beer and having to have people move ect.

smorris7
02-02-2018, 12:01 PM

You obviously aren’t getting in and out of the cooler enough![emoji12]

KnoxMojo
02-02-2018, 06:32 PM
Yeah I’ve been thinking about tying them in some how, think is until we have an engine tray storage solution it will remain a giant PITA to fill those 400s since we have to empty out everything under those seats and stash stuff all over the floor so It really doesn’t get used that often. I wonder if there is a port on the front of those 900s I could just connect to with a small
Valve. I don’t always want those 400s to fill which is why I don’t want Enzo’s.

I used a ball valve between the rear sacks and under seat 400 on both sides. That way they filled when I wanted or I could turn them off and just wait for the overflow then shut the pump off. Don't forget to change your pump timers to do both bags which is about 100 pounds a minute. That said, I ripped all mine out and replaced the 650s with 1100s and I keep a 400 on the boat with a pump in case I need it for surfing. Works great for me. We wakeboard more than surf.

MJHSupra
02-03-2018, 04:40 PM
We wakeboard more than surf.

This is what I keep telling the kids on the boat. Too much surf talk . . .

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

KnoxMojo
02-03-2018, 06:33 PM
Too much surf talk . . .

We only surf if the water is chop or it is the end of the day after everyone has got in a wakeboard set. I think surfing is so popular because it's low impact, easy to get up on the board and close to the boat for photos and videos to put on social media. Its fun, but nothing like flying through the air listening to music if your tower speakers can project that far.

rdlangston13
02-03-2018, 06:41 PM
We only surf if the water is chop or it is the end of the day after everyone has got in a wakeboard set. I think surfing is so popular because it's low impact, easy to get up on the board and close to the boat for photos and videos to put on social media. Its fun, but nothing like flying through the air listening to music if your tower speakers can project that far.

This big time. We have been surfing more lately simply due to the fact that we have been going to lakes closer to the house and the water is always crap but I would much rather board then surf.

parrothd
02-03-2018, 10:54 PM
We used to be that way, now, we only surf. Once you get past the begginer surf stage you can do a lot more. We never wakeboard anymore, short sets and to many big injuries. Once you progress a little you'll find it's actually harder on your body. �� Try some shuvs, 360s, 180s, the falls are small, but after 30 of them you'll be in serious pain.