PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Helix Vs 2018 Max

Willyourun
01-25-2018, 08:30 PM
I currently have a 2016 Helix with upgraded 1100’s in the rear. Wondering how you think that surf wave would compare to a stock 2018 Max?

I’m thinking of upgrading but I don’t have the technical skills to piggyback off of the Max’s rear bags to add more weight to the middle of the boat like it is suggested to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KG's Supra24
01-26-2018, 10:31 AM
How is your dealer? Are they capable of handling an upgrade like that.

I wouldn't let a $500'ish upgrade deter me from otherwise buying a new boat.

Depending on how you lake, lead might be an option as well?

Willyourun
01-26-2018, 01:58 PM
I’ll have to check specifically if they’re willing to do it. My impression was probably not.

Unfortunately, I have to trailer the boat every time so l was trying to stay away from lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnoxMojo
01-26-2018, 07:06 PM
I did the same thing a couple years ago with my Mojo. I called Wakemakers and they set me up with everything I needed. If you can turn a screwdriver and follow directions, you can install extra bags with ball valves and whatknot.

haknslash
02-25-2018, 11:23 AM
I had a demo with a Max last week and I thought it was a nice boat. I took some video while we were out to see how the stock wave looks (surf wave starts around the 3 minute area) https://youtu.be/cVAuwU9pxMg. It probably could have been cleaner and a little bigger if we had stayed out to dial it in. It was just 2 of us in the boat. Not sure how that looks compared to your Helix.