PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Craz questions

jared24
01-23-2018, 12:07 AM
New (possibly) to the inboard game and just put a deposit down on a used 2017 Craz at the boat show this past weekend. Coming from a Jet boat, I'm excited for the demo to see what this thing can do. Boat was a YMCA camp program boat but comes with a new 5 year warranty plus they fix any damage to seats/gelcoat. Believe it has around 120 hours and descent added options like surf max edition, bimini, board racks, and a few others.

Questions: Does this boat at just under 60k sound like a solid deal? Any other options I should try to get thrown into the deal? Will I regret not having autowake? Any advice for an inboard newb would be much appreciated...

russellsmojo
01-23-2018, 11:34 AM
$60k for 2017 sounds solid. And it should have autowake. Maybe it’s a 2016?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jared24
01-23-2018, 11:46 AM
$60k for 2017 sounds solid. And it should have autowake. Maybe it’s a 2016?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's def a 2017. I was thinking it should have autowake as well but sells guy didn't think so. Was autowake just an option for the 2017 lineup or come standard?

DFTR Josh
01-23-2018, 11:56 AM
It's def a 2017. I was thinking it should have autowake as well but sells guy didn't think so. Was autowake just an option for the 2017 lineup or come standard?
$60K seems like a good deal, autowake was an option so not all have it. Once you get to learn autowake you will really enjoy it. The single pump ballast boats was a little tougher for autowake but the new G6 ballast and autowake is money. I wouldn't let a good deal pass over autowake.

RC_Hinojosa
01-23-2018, 12:20 PM
Boat was a YMCA camp program boat but comes with a new 5 year warranty plus they fix any damage to seats/gelcoat.

YMCA camps have wakeboats???? Damn, my summer camp experiences from growing up suddenly seem a lot lamer :cry: :p

jared24
01-23-2018, 12:24 PM
YMCA camps have wakeboats???? Damn, my summer camp experiences from growing up suddenly seem a lot lamer :cry: :p

My exact response to the sells guy, "I've been going to the wrong Y".

jared24
01-23-2018, 12:38 PM
$60K seems like a good deal, autowake was an option so not all have it. Once you get to learn autowake you will really enjoy it. The single pump ballast boats was a little tougher for autowake but the new G6 ballast and autowake is money. I wouldn't let a good deal pass over autowake.

Think autowake would be worth the upgrade with the G3 ballast?

VA LSV
01-23-2018, 12:45 PM
Blue Ridge Mountain Boy Scout council has an aquatics base on my lake. My son and daughter both worked there as water sports instructors. They have a wake boat, 2 ski boats, jet skis, pontoons and sail boats. Draws scout troops from all over the east coast. Camp boats can lead a rough life. Price sounds great considering it includes a 5 year warranty.

DFTR Josh
01-23-2018, 01:22 PM
Think autowake would be worth the upgrade with the G3 ballast?

IMO yes! Once you get all your weight, pitch, and roll figured out it will be the same every time. With the right placement of a large crew you will know if you need to fill another sack or just move a few people. Autowake is actually a really good tool to surfers.

parrothd
01-23-2018, 01:28 PM
I just put a deposit on a used 2017 as well and having the dealer add auto wake. If you're not concerned about hours there's 1 craz left for 53k with 450 hours..

jared24
01-23-2018, 01:44 PM
Good timing cause I'm def concerned about hours. Just found out the one I put a deposit down on has around "200 hrs or so" (still waiting on the exact #). That's around 80 more hrs than I thought I was told at the show (could be my mistake cause I spoke to several ppl about a few different boats).

I still feel like it's a good deal with the new 5yr warranty. Thoughts? I'm going to try to get autowake thrown into deal as well.

parrothd
01-23-2018, 02:13 PM
I just put a deposit on a used 2017 as well and having the dealer add auto wake. If you're not concerned about hours there's 1 craz left for 53k with 450 hours..

Keep in mind you'll probably want to upgrade the ballast for surfing, you can surf with the stock ballast buy once you get hooked you'll want the bigger wave. Enzo fat sacs and 300lbs of lead is about 1500$. I'd also look to add the surf pipe and or the rear facing seats.. 😀

jared24
01-23-2018, 02:22 PM
Keep in mind you'll probably want to upgrade the ballast for surfing, you can surf with the stock ballast buy once you get hooked you'll want the bigger wave. Enzo fat sacs and 300lbs of lead is about 1500$. I'd also look to add the surf pipe and or the rear facing seats.. ��

It has 900's in the rear (3000# total) and I'm coming from a jet boat surfing background, so stock will prob feel like a tsunami to me. I def want to add the rear facing backrest tho. What's the surf pipe? Is that for exhaust?

korey
01-23-2018, 02:38 PM
I don't have many posts here, but I've been watching Crazes (lol how do you pluralize Craz?!) like a hawk. That's a good price - even for a pretty base boat. The deal is even better with any options that it already has. "200-ish" hours is a lot for one season - more than double a good, hard season for the average gang - but I would more concerned with physical wear and tear on the hull and interior. Go over it with a fine tooth comb - small imperfections become larger FAST! 200 hours is really nothing to worry about for the drivetrain. Re-sale wise it can hurt (obviously that's why you're getting at this price), but it will average out over the next few years and likely be closer to average when you're ready to get out of it.

Like others said, Autowake is an option (~$970 list price on a new order very likely much more to add to an existing boat) that it may or may not have. 2017 would have come with the original version 1.0. If they're going to do an upgrade at the dealership to add that for you, make sure they add the NEW 2018 version. Details here: Long thread, worth the read.
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?30060-AutoWake-questions&p=315829#post315829

Stereo options add up quickly, but are very popular. I'm sold on the seat backs after seeing them in person. Triton board racks are AWESOME, but aren't making the cut for my budget. The full cover is essential for my use and would be easy for a dealer to get. Same with a matching spare tire for the trailer - assuming it has a trailer.

parrothd
01-23-2018, 02:48 PM
The surf pipe makes it super quite and protects from carbon monoxide poisoning. But really the reduced engine noise is huge.

Which jet boat are you coming from? I had a few seadoos. These boats are so much better for water sports, but be prepared, low speed steering control is horrible at best compared to jet boats.. Lol

RC_Hinojosa
01-23-2018, 02:58 PM
What's the surf pipe? Is that for exhaust?

Yeah, the surf pipe is for the exhaust. Essentially it is an exhaust tip that routes the emissions deeper into the water. Cleaner air means you can ride longer behind the boat without headaches (from carbon monoxide). It is also supposed to quiet down the motor, effectively giving your stereo a boost. It's pretty pricey offered after the fact by the dealer but can be bought for like a 1/3rd of the price from http://www.freshairexhaust.com/.

You just missed out on the group buy but one of the members here (corvette8189) is a dealer and may still be willing to offer a discount.

jared24
01-23-2018, 03:04 PM
I don't have many posts here, but I've been watching Crazes (lol how do you pluralize Craz?!) like a hawk. That's a good price - even for a pretty base boat. The deal is even better with any options that it already has. "200-ish" hours is a lot for one season - more than double a good, hard season for the average gang - but I would more concerned with physical wear and tear on the hull and interior. Go over it with a fine tooth comb - small imperfections become larger FAST! 200 hours is really nothing to worry about for the drivetrain. Re-sale wise it can hurt (obviously that's why you're getting at this price), but it will average out over the next few years and likely be closer to average when you're ready to get out of it.

Like others said, Autowake is an option (~$970 list price on a new order very likely much more to add to an existing boat) that it may or may not have. 2017 would have come with the original version 1.0. If they're going to do an upgrade at the dealership to add that for you, make sure they add the NEW 2018 version. Details here: Long thread, worth the read.
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?30060-AutoWake-questions&p=315829#post315829

Stereo options add up quickly, but are very popular. I'm sold on the seat backs after seeing them in person. Triton board racks are AWESOME, but aren't making the cut for my budget. The full cover is essential for my use and would be easy for a dealer to get. Same with a matching spare tire for the trailer - assuming it has a trailer.

Thanks for the post. I'll read up on that thread and the difference between the two software versions. Good call on the spare tire, that's something I'll try to get them to add.

Here's the list of "upgrades" it already comes with:
2 Bow speakers w/amp
Depth Finder
Wakeboard racks w/quick release
Surf max package
Full (charcoal) cover
Non-Skid gunnels
15x13 Prop
Bimini w/surf storage
swing-away tongue trailer

parrothd
01-23-2018, 03:17 PM
2017 Craz asking 54k

https://www.slcboats.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&p=1&id=4118696&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

Just I case anyone is looking.. ��

jared24
01-23-2018, 03:45 PM
The surf pipe makes it super quite and protects from carbon monoxide poisoning. But really the reduced engine noise is huge.

Which jet boat are you coming from? I had a few seadoos. These boats are so much better for water sports, but be prepared, low speed steering control is horrible at best compared to jet boats.. Lol

Yamaha 190. Yea I could spin that boat on a dime in tight spots. I've heard the stories about V drives, especially in reverse..

parrothd
01-23-2018, 03:47 PM
Yep, best not to fight it, just let it go where it's gonna go and hang on.. Lol

DFTR Josh
01-23-2018, 04:58 PM
Yamaha 190. Yea I could spin that boat on a dime in tight spots. I've heard the stories about V drives, especially in reverse..
Of course I have yeas of experience but driving a V drive is much easier then any boat for me now. My next goal is a 70+ ft. boat with duel V drives, that would be epic to drive.