PDA

View Full Version : January 2018 Picture thread

trayson
01-17-2018, 10:48 PM
Did anyone start a 2018 January Picture thread? I couldn't find one.

I have a friend of mine that does drone photography and video, and he just put out his demo reel for his company, High Shutter Media (http://www.highshutter.com/).

I thought it was pretty cool that I made 3 cameo's in his demo reel. (one in my M3, one surfing, and one wakeboarding).

So, since it has Moomba boating in it, I'll add it to the picture thread. Plus, it's just a damn cool video.

https://vimeo.com/248663083

DFTR Josh
01-18-2018, 11:04 AM
Did anyone start a 2018 January Picture thread? I couldn't find one.

I have a friend of mine that does drone photography and video, and he just put out his demo reel for his company, High Shutter Media (http://www.highshutter.com/).

I thought it was pretty cool that I made 3 cameo's in his demo reel. (one in my M3, one surfing, and one wakeboarding).

So, since it has Moomba boating in it, I'll add it to the picture thread. Plus, it's just a damn cool video.
I'm actually digging a lot of his shots! The 4 wheeler in the dunes slashing the edge of the sand and the motocross through the whoops was MONEY. Dang good pilot there!

kaneboats
01-18-2018, 11:39 AM
Yea, he's definitely good at what he does. I sent it to a pro photographer friend of mine in Chicago. He's kind of a critical guy so it will be interesting to hear what he says about it.

996scott
01-18-2018, 03:08 PM
If looks and feels like late March here in Salt Lake. Way above average temps and no snow in the valley. This is a picture taken on New Years day up at the reservoir we normally ski at. It is usually frozen over in the winter.

BrettLee3232
01-18-2018, 03:51 PM
I'm actually digging a lot of his shots! The 4 wheeler in the dunes slashing the edge of the sand and the motocross through the whoops was MONEY. Dang good pilot there!

Did you get your Max yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFTR Josh
01-18-2018, 06:35 PM
Did you get your Max yet?
Not yet, I've been told build starts mid FEB ish...

DFTR Josh
01-18-2018, 06:39 PM
If looks and feels like late March here in Salt Lake. Way above average temps and no snow in the valley. This is a picture taken on New Years day up at the reservoir we normally ski at. It is usually frozen over in the winter.
It's been a crazy year for UT! Based on your pic 996scott the res. still looks pretty full.

BrettLee3232
01-18-2018, 06:47 PM

Damn I thought you had a late Nov build date lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFTR Josh
01-19-2018, 11:27 AM
Damn I thought you had a late Nov build date lol
I wish, our lakes still haven't froze yet I could of had the break in done way before spring. Being a demo boat it can be bumped at anytime, fingers crossed but I'm all for paying customers getting their toys before me.

bergermaister
01-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Pretty sweet video Tray. I’d like to know where some of those riding spots are as the scenery looks awfully familiar.

Makes me wanna go fly the drone but my biggest hangup is I always want to be in the shots too!

trayson
01-22-2018, 12:21 PM
Pretty sweet video Tray. I’d like to know where some of those riding spots are as the scenery looks awfully familiar.

Makes me wanna go fly the drone but my biggest hangup is I always want to be in the shots too!

He's local, so I am sure the spots are fairly local too. If there's something specific you're curious about, I can ask.

flynnva
01-22-2018, 10:08 PM

Cool..... I have a late February build slot for my Mojo.

bjrow
01-28-2018, 05:48 AM
Gidday from OZ.
Been a bit quiet here, pictures below tell the story......
Hopefully another 4 weeks and we'll at least be able to get out and drive the boat again, probably a bit optimistic but hey....

This actually happened New Years Eve but pics were on 12th Jan after surgery.

Cheers BruceR Melb AUS.

DFTR Josh
01-28-2018, 01:15 PM
Gidday from OZ.
Been a bit quiet here, pictures below tell the story......
Hopefully another 4 weeks and we'll at least be able to get out and drive the boat again, probably a bit optimistic but hey....
This actually happened New Years Eve but pics were on 12th Jan after surgery.
Cheers BruceR Melb AUS.
Hardware for days! Get healed up right and back on the water stronger then ever.

bergermaister
01-29-2018, 01:11 AM
He's local, so I am sure the spots are fairly local too. If there's something specific you're curious about, I can ask.

1:05 and 1:15

trayson
01-29-2018, 02:55 PM
1:05 and 1:15

Here's what he said:

First one is a closed private ranch in California.
Second one is an area up in the hills of Hood River, I don't have an exact location, but it's considered 'Surveyor's Ridge'.

bjrow
01-31-2018, 12:51 AM
Thanks DFTR Josh, will put a magnet on the wakesurfer so I wont lose it when I fall off, should be right by my left ankle!
Cheers, BruceR Melb AUS.