PDA

View Full Version : STEER PROBLEM

marchina
09-12-2006, 02:42 AM
Hello,
Here is my new problem, I use to live by de ocean my mobius 05 lsv never was a problem, just once I had to replace the starter at 110 Hrs.
I had to move to a city with a big lake (Chapala, Mexico) I left the boat stored for 2 months, now a mechanic make some work at it. He changed the fuel pump, Changed the motor oil and filter and install a water filter.
After all this work been done to my boat ($400.00 US DLLS) I went last weekend to the lake but it wont steer, the wheel has some movement but not the rudder, now the mechanic said that the hole whip (hope translation is ok) got stick due the sea salt, every time I used the boat in the sea I flush it, spray it, scrub it with anti-salt.
Do you think that could be possible?, may the mechanic lie to me just to charge more than 900 dls?

Best regards
Simon Marchina

smokedog2
09-12-2006, 06:58 AM
May be he broke it. I would ask to see exactly what is broke. I will add, salt water is tough on everything. $900 for a cable is high imho.

can you take it to a different mechanic? Why just put the fuel pump? I'd have checked the filter first.

SD2

marchina
09-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Thanks,

I think he´s trying to steel from me, in a pure mexican style.

regards

Simon