PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard tower

Bandit33
06-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Hey folks, have a perhaps strange question. I have a 2000 Moomba Outback and have been using a skylon extended pylon on it. I'm ready to go ahead and get a tower, but am somewhat concerned about clearance with it lowered in my garage. Would like to get the Rad-a-cage that seems to be fairly standard on the Moombas. When the one piece Rad-a-cage is lowered , how high does it stick up above the boat? In other words, would it fit thru my 82 1/2 inch door opening?
Thanks for any advice.!!

CWS_Kahuna
06-11-2003, 03:16 PM
Not sure on the height of the tower when folded down, but on my boat the tower sits about level with the windshield when lowered. There are some towers that fold down lower, for example www.monstertower.com they can be ordered with the same finish as the rad-a-cage and they have a great price.

If you order a rad-a-cage and are in need of some board racks and tower speakers check out www.fluidconcepts.net. There racks in my opinion have the best fit on the rad-a-cage. The speakers sound great and look sharp on a rad-a-cage.

The www.Mako-Ind.com racks and speakers are nice too, these are the OEM Moomba/Supra racks and speakers. There are a ton of others that are also nice but some of the brands are way expensive. The brands I listed are reasonable on there pricing.

Goodluck

Bandit33
06-11-2003, 03:24 PM
Thanks, I will check out those sites for racks. I have visited the monster tower site and their product does look good.
Is your tower the one piece style? The newer Rad-a-cage style (3 piece) looks good but will only fit the 2003 Outbacks, I am told.

CWS_Kahuna
06-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Banditt33,

My tower is the same rad-a-cage used today on the Mobius /LSV and Outback LS / LSV. Mine does not have the rubber grip screws to take down the tower though, I have to use an allen wrench. I guess in a way it is considered a 3 piece, but I am not sure exactly what you mean by the 3 piece thing. The new 2003 Outback is completely different from your boat, so whomever told you it may not fit on your boat is probably correct.

If you're interested in any of the Fluid Concepts stuff, talk to Jerry Lambus and tell him Richard from Canyon Lake reffered you. I even think they are making towers now too, so you may want to ask them about the towers.