PDA

View Full Version : Spam

Radar13
12-03-2017, 03:37 AM
I’m new here, so forgive me, but is this spam normal? I’m getting a ton of “live stream” posts and random garbage? Is this place always like this?

mattsask
12-03-2017, 08:54 AM
No it's not. The forum has just been getting hit hard the last few weeks for some reason. The admin have been on top of it, but it seems like the spam bots have more free time. It's a bit frustrating and I think it's part of the reason the forum has been slow lately. The guys that run this joint have jobs, families and social lives, so they do what they can. Hats off to them though, it must be a royal pain in the butt.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

deerfield
12-03-2017, 02:30 PM
Radar - Admins are working behind the scenes to address spam. In the ten years I have been active on the Moomba forum, only twice that I can recall has it been hit in a material way by spam, this being one of those times. Hopefully this, too, will soon pass. In the interim, use caution when opening a post. - Deerfield

Stazi
12-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Simple. Make ever new user have to go through a moderator approval before they can post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zabooda
12-03-2017, 05:38 PM
Simple. Make ever new user have to go through a moderator approval before they can post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2. Titles are so obvious that a mass deletion would take no time at all.