PDA

View Full Version : Seat Back Option

Pock
11-28-2017, 11:58 PM
All,

I have posted a question here and there and I am now in the process of finalizing an order for a new Mojo. I'm torn on a couple options. One I'm pretty certain is wasteful for me is the tower appearance option. Even though I really do like how it looks it's so pricey for what you get. Any one have insight? I'm pretty certain I am passing on this one.

The option I'm most torn on is the seat backs. A lot of the time it's just me and wife out, but we do get up to around 7ish on our current boat. I feel I currently do not have a need for the seat backs but I worry that if I don't get them and I have that day where I could use them I will really regret not having them. Just for our normal use it's hard to justify the price. Can anyone tell me their experience/advice on this one area?

Thanks all,

- James

KG's Supra24
11-29-2017, 12:31 AM
Tower accent could possible be done by a local vinyl shop? Not sure whay it includes.

I think the seatbacks give the interior a more finished look. We also use it. (Referring to the one behind the driver)

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

snowking
11-29-2017, 07:14 AM
I went to the factory and on my tour the guy told me the tower package was rarely ordered it’s basically 2 aluminum features added on and as far as the seat back feature it’s two back rest for 1k the rear seat still slides without the option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pock
11-29-2017, 08:25 AM
Sorry for the typo's in the original post. I was rushing to get my questions posted.

I do have one additional question, what are your thoughts on the Walk-thru?

My wife likes to lay out in the sun a lot. Our Bryant had a wide walk-thru with a bigger/higher step on both sides of the walk-thru so it was very easy to access and very usable. I think the interior step was like the previous Moomba's. Laying out wasn't an issue for my wife because the seat bases were wider on the lounges and she had the higher swim platform with the Bryant being an I/O. In other words she had multiple areas she could use to tan. Plus the walk-thru was a bit deeper compared to the surrounding rear pad so we could fold towels for cushioning if she wanted to lay across the pad. At this point I feel I'm not going to order the walk-thru on the Mojo. To me, the walk-thru option on the Moomba's seem narrow and the step leading to it seems low so I feel you'll still use a seat to access the pad. Then add there are more seems on the rear pad with the walk-thru I feel this has potential to be a bigger issue than not having the walk-thru at all. Any input? I'll post some pictures of the Bryant we are coming from so you all can see what I'm talking about and basing my decision from.

Thanks again,

- James

Pock
11-29-2017, 08:39 AM
I went to the factory and on my tour the guy told me the tower package was rarely ordered it’s basically 2 aluminum features added on and as far as the seat back feature it’s two back rest for 1k the rear seat still slides without the option

How did you get a factory tour?

Pock
11-29-2017, 08:45 AM

snowking
11-29-2017, 10:34 AM
How did you get a factory tour?

I was in town for a funeral and literally just showed up they were completely cool about do the tour I didn’t even expect to get one I just wanted to see and 2018 in person

That Guy
11-29-2017, 10:43 AM
The factory is open for tours, just give them a call and they are great. We toured a couple different brands.

I passed on the tower accent and seat backs but did opt for the walk across sunpad. Would order the same again.

RC_Hinojosa
11-29-2017, 10:54 AM
Ditto, I passed on the tower accent (instead I had my dealer paint my bimini arms) and I skipped out on the seat backs. To be honest, even with a full crew, we hardly slide the rear seat forward for observation.

I did order with the walk-through however, it's narrow but I do feel it would minimize wear and tear on the sun pad....just my .02

KG's Supra24
11-29-2017, 11:26 AM
I have the walk thru and not sure I'd order again. Due to the finish execution, I walk around it most of the time.

mattsask
11-29-2017, 11:33 AM
The seat back behind the driver is money. I didn't have it the first season, but purchased aftermarket and installed myself. It is easily the favorite seat in the boat now. As for the sliding seat seatback, it is WAY overpriced in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Pock
11-29-2017, 11:37 AM
I have the walk thru and not sure I'd order again. Due to the finish execution, I walk around it most of the time.

I like the idea of the walkthrough because I always use the one I have. I'm just not sold on the design of the one on the Moomba.

Pock
11-29-2017, 11:38 AM
The seat back behind the driver is money. I didn't have it the first season, but purchased aftermarket and installed myself. It is easily the favorite seat in the boat now. As for the sliding seat seatback, it is WAY overpriced in my opinion.

I agree. I know we would use the one behind the driver, but since it's a set, is it worth the $900 upgrade?

mattsask
11-29-2017, 11:44 AM
I agree. I know we would use the one behind the driver, but since it's a set, is it worth the $900 upgrade?I bought just the seat back for behind the driver. Dealer ordered it in for me. It was $165 Canadian. That included the post, mounting bracket and hardware. All I had to do was measure and drill 4 holes.

Pock
11-29-2017, 11:59 AM
I bought just the seat back for behind the driver. Dealer ordered it in for me. It was $165 Canadian. That included the post, mounting bracket and hardware. All I had to do was measure and drill 4 holes.

Did it match you upholstery colors?

mattsask
11-29-2017, 12:05 PM
Did it match you upholstery colors?Yes. They had it color matched to my interior. Kind of a bad pic but you can see.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171129/bcb76bda51df736a492fd574787e296a.jpg

Pock
11-29-2017, 12:06 PM
Yes. They had it color matched to my interior. Kind of a bad pic but you can see.

Looks great! Thank you.

stevemarich
11-29-2017, 03:30 PM
We have the seat back kit and the walk through, the one behind the driver get used the most , the idea behind the one on the slide seat I liked , but only used it 2 times, seemed to be in the way alot, the walkthrough is pretty handy , not 100% I would order one with it , but having it has been handy, am definitely going to switch to gator step for it though, if your feet are not wet the standard none skid gets really hot in the sun, it got avoided alot this summer due to being to hot

Pock
11-29-2017, 04:18 PM
We have the seat back kit and the walk through, the one behind the driver get used the most , the idea behind the one on the slide seat I liked , but only used it 2 times, seemed to be in the way alot, the walkthrough is pretty handy , not 100% I would order one with it , but having it has been handy, am definitely going to switch to gator step for it though, if your feet are not wet the standard none skid gets really hot in the sun, it got avoided alot this summer due to being to hot

I think this years come with Gator Step. I’m like you, if it’s there I would like it, but since I’m ordering, not sure I really want it.

Prospersigman
11-29-2017, 04:57 PM
I like the idea of the walkthrough because I always use the one I have. I'm just not sold on the design of the one on the Moomba.

I had a 2016 Mojo with the walkthrough step pad on it, but it did not have the backrest option on the slide back bench seat or behind the captains chair. I have a 2017 Supra SA now and use the one behind the captains chair all the time, I never use the flip back bench seat with backrest.

The walk through helps keep adults from walking across the upholstery, which in the long run will help keep the upholstery nice, but kids on the other hand pay no attention to it other than trying to avoid it because it gets hot in the TX sun.

jbird
11-29-2017, 06:47 PM
I purchased the walk-through pad and opted out of both backrests because of the cost. I really thought I'd end up doing an aftermarket backrest behind the driver's seat but found that I like to be able to swivel the driver's seat 180 degrees when we are anchored and watch the kids play off the back. What I'd REALLY like is a way to fold a drink holder/table on top of the slider seat like the Supras. Would make a great table when slid to the middle of the boat. Haven't missed having the backrest to that seat though.

Pock
11-29-2017, 06:57 PM
I purchased the walk-through pad and opted out of both backrests because of the cost. I really thought I'd end up doing an aftermarket backrest behind the driver's seat but found that I like to be able to swivel the driver's seat 180 degrees when we are anchored and watch the kids play off the back. What I'd REALLY like is a way to fold a drink holder/table on top of the slider seat like the Supras. Would make a great table when slid to the middle of the boat. Haven't missed having the backrest to that seat though.

I think I'm going to hold off on the backs. I just don't see us using the main slider. However, I was thinking the same as you, a little table would be the most usable. As for the walk thru, do you think it's helpful, or would you just as much have the full sun deck?

- James

DFTR Josh
11-30-2017, 03:06 PM
All,

One I'm pretty certain is wasteful for me is the tower appearance option. Even though I really do like how it looks it's so pricey for what you get. Any one have insight? I'm pretty certain I am passing on this one.

The option I'm most torn on is the seat backs. A lot of the time it's just me and wife out, but we do get up to around 7ish on our current boat. I feel I currently do not have a need for the seat backs but I worry that if I don't get them and I have that day where I could use them I will really regret not having them. Just for our normal use it's hard to justify the price. Can anyone tell me their experience/advice on this one area?

Tower accent is great and just something different. I think it allows a lighted "MOOMBA" on the side of the tower for something different. It's a cool expensive thing to have, and large want then a need. I personally like it...

Seat backs to me are a must mainly for the one behind the driver full time. I use the back seat on the slider all the time with a smaller crew and much easier to balance the boat and comfy for the passengers. The larger the crew the less you will use it since it's right in the middle.

Prospersigman
11-30-2017, 04:57 PM
Seat backs to me are a must mainly for the one behind the driver full time. I use the back seat on the slider all the time with a smaller crew and much easier to balance the boat and comfy for the passengers. The larger the crew the less you will use it since it's right in the middle.[/QUOTE]

Problem with the middle slider is when you slide it back and flip up the backrest nobody can get around it to get to the front part of the boat. People end up stepping up on the slider and bam...they hit there head on your JL Audio 8.8" speakers. This has happened to me twice especially after a few adult beverages in party cove.

DFTR Josh
12-01-2017, 09:58 AM
Problem with the middle slider is when you slide it back and flip up the backrest nobody can get around it to get to the front part of the boat. People end up stepping up on the slider and bam...they hit there head on your JL Audio 8.8" speakers. This has happened to me twice especially after a few adult beverages in party cove.
I hear ya it's right in the way and that's why I say mine would only get used with smaller crews. There's enough room for myself to sneak to the left of right of the slider backrest and don't have to step over the seat. The head bangers on the speakers are the WORST, LOL!

Pock
12-01-2017, 10:57 AM
I hear ya it's right in the way and that's why I say mine would only get used with smaller crews. There's enough room for myself to sneak to the left of right of the slider backrest and don't have to step over the seat. The head bangers on the speakers are the WORST, LOL!

I wish I could get the one behind the driver. I'm still thinking on the backs... I had no idea the Tower Accent had "Moomba" that lit up. That's kinda cool.

jbird
12-01-2017, 05:54 PM
I think I'm going to hold off on the backs. I just don't see us using the main slider. However, I was thinking the same as you, a little table would be the most usable. As for the walk thru, do you think it's helpful, or would you just as much have the full sun deck?

- James

I think the walk through is worth it, our family is pretty well trained to use it whenever possible instead of walking on the upholstery. I do predict some serious wear-and-tear will occur over time on the slider seat though. It's nearly impossible to avoid stepping onto it when coming off the back of the boat. I guess it could be avoided if we kept that seat slid towards the middle of the boat but you'd still have to step over it to get to the driver' seat and bow. We try to keep a towel on it but I'm sure it'll be the first piece of upholstery that needs replacing.

That Guy
12-01-2017, 06:24 PM
That seat was the first one to split the seam on my first boat. Since then I’ve had two of these on board and religiously throw them on the seats before people step on cushions. They are heavy enough the don’t blow off seats while cruising either so one usually stays on the corner seat all day. They are padded with a large piece of plastic inside that is supposed to disperse the weight, seems to work as I’ve had it on 2 boats over the past 3 years.

http://seatsaver.com/wordpress/?hide_mobile_view=1

snowking
12-04-2017, 06:36 AM
I called my dealer for the back rest behind the driver seat and it’s $106 for the back rest and $540 for the hardware that’s insane I’ll pass.

mattsask
12-04-2017, 07:33 AM
I called my dealer for the back rest behind the driver seat and it’s $106 for the back rest and $540 for the hardware that’s insane I’ll pass.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat seems fishy. By that math it's only an extra $256 to get the sliding seat back as well. Call Martin motorsports in Saskatoon and I can pick it up and ship it to you if you want. That's where I got mine from.

Pock
12-11-2017, 08:45 PM
Hey all, thanks for the help. We went back and forth and decided on a used Supra... Now I just have to figure out how to change the polk tower speaker set-up with some Rev10's and keep the zones on the touch screen.

- James

DFTR Josh
12-11-2017, 08:52 PM
Hey all, thanks for the help. We went back and forth and decided on a used Supra... Now I just have to figure out how to change the polk tower speaker set-up with some Rev10's and keep the zones on the touch screen.
- James
Right on guys! Lets see a pic of the new beauty.

Pock
12-11-2017, 09:11 PM

stevemarich
12-11-2017, 10:51 PM
Pretty sweet , congrats on the new boat

DFTR Josh
12-11-2017, 11:19 PM
Man that's good looking! Congrats again.

russellsmojo
12-12-2017, 10:07 AM
Sweet boat! Dusty do you do wet sounds installs in Louisiana?

dusty2221
12-12-2017, 11:06 AM
Nope, but he can bring it over to Texas!

Pock
12-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Nope, but he can bring it over to Texas!

Awesome! I was just going to ask how I can change out the Polk tower speakers. I assume they aren't great? I do like their subs and the MM651'a are ok but I would like to swap the in boats with Wet Sounds which is easy but I have never seen tower speaker assemblies like these. I love how they rotate though so that is my only hang up with yanking them out.

rdlangston13
12-14-2017, 12:09 AM
Awesome! I was just going to ask how I can change out the Polk tower speakers. I assume they aren't great? I do like their subs and the MM651'a are ok but I would like to swap the in boats with Wet Sounds which is easy but I have never seen tower speaker assemblies like these. I love how they rotate though so that is my only hang up with yanking them out.

Mark your calendar. First weekend in August is the 2018 TX Moomba/Supra Jam. Its in East Texas so it shouldn't be too far from you if you are in LA.

Pock
12-19-2017, 07:55 PM
Mark your calendar. First weekend in August is the 2018 TX Moomba/Supra Jam. Its in East Texas so it shouldn't be too far from you if you are in LA.

Will do. Thanks!

Mobius22
12-20-2017, 04:54 PM
Congrats on the SC! Great boat!