PDA

View Full Version : Fusion and dual zones.

Pock
11-27-2017, 03:00 PM
Hi all,

I’m cross posting a question in order to get the most responses possible in a short period of time. I’m getting ready to order a Mojo and I have a question regarding the Fusion stereo head unit. Does the Fusion have true dual zone ability? Or am I going to be better off with a Wet Sounds EQ in addition to the Fusion? I want to be able to fully separate the tower volume from the rest of the boat. I was told if I run amps to the tower, all main speakers, and sub, it can be difficult to separate just the tower volume. I hate to sound old but I prefer the main speakers to be quiet and only the towers playing when I am pulling someone.

Thanks

stevemarich
11-27-2017, 10:45 PM
I can run my towers, cabins , and sub independently off the fusion, you can separate towers and cabins easy, but if you run an amp for cabins you will have to convert the speaker wires to rca to keep the zones separate, it takes some doing but can be done.

mattsask
11-27-2017, 11:28 PM
I was not able to separate my cabins and tower using the fusion head unit. The cone fade would control separate zones of the interiors, but never the tower as it should. I bought an exile zld.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

stevemarich
11-28-2017, 10:23 AM
An eq my be easier , the deck zone was as such , zone 1 is 1 pair hi level rca , 1 pair sub out rca , 2 channel of speaker wire output , zone 2 is only 2 channel speaker output. I ran zone 1 for towers and sub , so they ran off the rca outs , and put a remote gain for towers , and zone 2 for cabins , and converted the 2 channel of speaker wire outs to rca. The plus was I can use the zone control to turn cabins down to whatever volume needed when towers are on , and still have subwoofer, usually ran cabins at 30% less than towers , depending on who was in the boat. Then when driving and listening to tunes without the towers on , I would use the remote gain for towers to turn them all the way down so I still had subwoofer with cabins , and could either use the zone 1 volume to turn sub down , or mostly just would use the remote bass knob if needed. Little hard to explain , but was fairly simple to do.

Pock
11-28-2017, 10:45 AM
Thanks for all the help. I think the EQ will make life easier.

MLA
11-28-2017, 10:54 AM
I was not able to separate my cabins and tower using the fusion head unit. The cone fade would control separate zones of the interiors, but never the tower as it should. I bought an exile zld.

Was configured incorrectly from the factory.

Once correct, its just a matter of pushing the main volume dial to cycles through which zone you want to control, then rotate the dial once that zone is highlighted. You can control Z-1, Z-2 or both (master level). The Fusion lets you set the desired ratio between 1 and 2, then master volume increases and decreases the volume while maintaining that set ratio.

MLA
11-28-2017, 10:56 AM
Thanks for all the help. I think the EQ will make life easier.

If the actual equalizing tone controls are not high on your list, just zone volume, consider the Wet Sounds WS220BT 4 zone. Tower, sub, main cabin and bow zones as well as master volume. MIC and BT.

mattsask
11-28-2017, 11:35 AM
MLA, I would tent to agree with you. When the sales rep explained it to me at the boat show, he sold it as "you no longer need aftermarket zone control". Boy was I ever disappointed..

MLA
11-28-2017, 12:04 PM
The MS-RA205 is still my my least favorite Fusion unit, I would never suggest this model to anyone. However, once its configured correctly, the zone control is much better then traditional fade. Still not as good as say the Kicker ZXM-RLC dual zone or a 3 or 4 zone controller like the Wet Sounds WS-420/220, but the RA205 can work. What gives it a check on the pro column, is that the zone volume is accessible through the remotes. Hard pressed to find that function on many other head unit outside of fusion. Heck, cant even work fade through most remotes.

Pock
11-28-2017, 11:50 PM
I ended up grabbing a WS-420. Thanks all.