PDA

View Full Version : Prop choice LSV

mvd
09-06-2006, 04:02 AM
Hi,

Can anyone explain me whats the differents between the CNC Wakeboard Prop Upgrade and the CNC Wakeboard/Altitude Prop?

What would be the result when changing from the stock equipt prop on the LSV. Do i make more RPM and therefore more fuel consumption? If i use the boat for allround boating (skieing, cruising, wakeboarding) what will be the best setup?

mvd
09-20-2006, 03:40 AM
I am boating on sea level so not in the mountains. What will i be notiche when using the CNC wakeboard prop?

JoeTechie
09-20-2006, 10:53 AM
The Upgraded prop comes as part of the package on the Mobius LSV.

Mobius LS = Outback LS + Tower + Prop + Gravity I ballast.

Mobius LSV = Outback LSV + Tower + Prop + Gravity I ballast.

The high altitude prop should probably only be used at high altitudes... just a thought.

There are lots of threads about other alternative props after you buy... but that is later.

-Joe

Jon
09-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Joe,

The prop is not upgraded in any sort of package for the Mobius LSV. You still have to order the optional wakeboard prop.

JoeTechie
09-21-2006, 12:44 AM
Sorry. I must have misread.

Built with the hardcore wakeboarder in mind, the new Mobius LSV is the total package—superior performance, reliability and value. The standard package is loaded with all the features die-hards demand, including a swept back Rad-a-Cage Tower, front Gravity I Ballast system, 4-blade CNC prop, 3 tracking fins...

:?:

-J

lowdrag
09-21-2006, 01:54 AM
I believe the high altitude prop and wakeboard prop are one and the same. It's a lower pitched prop that will allow the engine to turn at a higher rpm than the standard prop at a given speed. If you plan on seriously weighting your boat, the wakeboard prop is the way to go. I've got it on my new boat and even when the ballast is fully loaded the boat jumps out of the water.

Top end speed will suffer some but I don't think you'll notice much as far as fuel consumption unless you do a lot of cruising. One other thing to think of is strain on the engine when under load. The wakeboard prop will cause the engine to turn at a higher rpm, but it will reduce stress on it if you do much wakeboarding with a lot of ballast.

The only warning I can think of for the wakeboard prop is with over-revving. If you run your boat wide open with the wakeboard prop it is pretty easy to bounce the engine off of the rev limiter and possibly over rev the motor. Using a little common sense will eliminate this, however.

09-21-2006, 02:57 AM
Thanks 4 the advice.
What would be the rpm differtents between these 2 props? And where does the rev limiter kicks in?

And what is the differents between these 2 props? Both are selectable in the configurator:

CNC Wakeboard Prop Upgrade $95.00
CNC Wakeboard/Altitude Prop $50.00

mvd
09-21-2006, 04:08 AM
Thanks 4 the advice.
What would be the rpm differtents between these 2 props? And where does the rev limiter kicks in?

And what is the differents between these 2 props? Both are selectable in the configurator:

CNC Wakeboard Prop Upgrade $95.00
CNC Wakeboard/Altitude Prop $50.00

That guest was me :)

Jon
09-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Joe,

That 4 blade CNC prop is only the standard prop-not the wakeboard prop. You still have to upgrade to the wakeboard prop.

JoeTechie
09-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Yup. Got it. The base OB has the 3 blade non-CNC. And the LS/LSV/XLV have CNC props standard (as of 04 or so?) The wakeboard prop is an upgrade... I still like the question above - why is it listed as a $50 AND a $95 upgrade on the configurator ?

FTR, I really can't stand the new configurator - the old one was excellent. Someone needs to hire better java programmers at SC.

...wait - tht might increase the price of the boats... nevermind .

:)

-J

lowdrag
09-21-2006, 10:03 PM
I saw that on the configurator as well. I believe on last years there was only one option listed and that was the wakeboard/altitude prop and it was about a $95 option.

The rev limiter on the Chevy small blocks is right around 5000 rpm, maybe a little over that. I can't tell you for sure what the rpm difference is between the two props is as I've never run them both on the same boat to see the difference. I can say that on my 21v with the wakeboard prop, it will run right around 38 or 39 mph with the wakeboard prop. I may be able to get another 4 or 5 mph on the top end with the standard prop. The LSV is a pretty similarly sized boat so I think it would be close to the same.