PDA

View Full Version : 95 Moomba vs 96 tige 2000 comp slm

Gabester
11-23-2017, 02:59 AM
I have the opportunity to buy one of these and wanted an opinion.

The Moomba is in great shape and being sold for $4500

The tige is in great shape minus the upostry and seats. The engine and hull are in good shape. Price is $1000

I’m looking for a cruiser boat that i could tow friends behind very rarely. More looking for quick, easy and well built. I like the wood back vs the glass but I’m torn. It seems like both are great boats. What’s your opinion?

sandm
11-23-2017, 04:43 AM
upholstery and seats will quickly eclipse the price difference unless you do it yourself.
you don't list which model the moomba is. if it's the boomerang i'd probably lean toward the tige as iirc it's a little higher freeboard.

at that price and year, both should hold values well but will have issues and problems you should be prepared to work on as you own them.

Gabester
11-23-2017, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the reply. I believe it is the boomerang. I’ve worked on my family’s boats in the past but never direct drives. I’m not worried about further problems. I just want to put the money into the better boat.

Gabester
11-23-2017, 05:00 AM
26480 here is the photo of the Moomba

sandm
11-25-2017, 04:08 AM
looks like a boomerang. buddy in boise has one. it's like a corvette on the water. one of the best waterski boats ever made. easy to work on.
down side is iirc wood stringers and it does not do well in chop or when surf boats are around. really only comfortable for 3- 4 at the most.
looking at pics of the tige it won't be much different.
good luck.

Radar13
11-26-2017, 02:36 AM
Never buy a boat with a home made tower on it like that Boomerang has. The top deck was never constructed to deal with the forces that tower would put on it, and it’s a failure waiting to happen. Never mind the fact that someone willing to do that to a boat, really didn’t care about it and I could imagine what else was neglected.