PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinions

AZHeet
09-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Here’s the story. I traded in my old LSV for a new 06 LSV last month. Included in my “deal” was to swap out my existing stereo system and Perfect Pass and add a pair of the Fusion T-series tower speakers. The dealer was going to swap out the P.P. in their shop and send the boat out to a local stereo shop to do the install. The day after I paid and brought my old boat into the shop, the salesman that I was working with went on vacation and handed off all my information to someone else to handle while he was gone. I talked to both the dealer and the stereo shop to make sure that everything got installed and mounted how I wanted it.

For the most part, I was very happy with the install except for the location of the dash remote. Since it was a fuel-injected model, it came with the EZ Cruise, but that needed to be disabled in order for the PP to work correctly. Since I’ve had it out a few times, I really hate the placement of the remote and I think it looks cheap. In my old boat it was located where the EZ cruise is now. I think that if someone would have thought about it, they would have known that the EZ cruise could have been removed and the remote could have been mounted in it’s spot without making an additional hole in the dash. I know that I would make sure before I drilled a hole in someone’s dash that the placement was what they wanted. I’d like to ask them to relocate it and replace the dash when I take it in for my 20 hr service.

Do you think I’m being too picky? Is there anyone that has both the EZ Cruise and the stereo dash remote? Where do they put it from the factory? Maybe that is it.

http://web.mac.com/heeters/iWeb/Site/Blank.html

JoeTechie
09-05-2006, 11:44 PM
That is strange! Especially since the normal '06 mouting location for ez-cruise and remote is actually to the right of that - not even on the dash. It is on the arm rest.

http://joetechie.com/moomba/dash.jpg

Grainy pic, but you get the idea.

For them to do that to a new boat is pretty lame given the alternate mounting locations.

-J

mvd
09-06-2006, 04:09 AM
I checked the pics on http://www.waterskimag.com/boat_inspector/index.html?manufacture=8&boat=2 in the deepzoom . dash section and the remote for the radio os on the same place the put your ez-cruise now.

iaonbb
09-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Dude...that is cheesy. I'd shoot whomever was that stupid. Make them put it in the EZ cruise spot and have a vinyl/dash repair guy fill the hole. You'd probably never see it if repaired corectly. That's just tacky...

ps - call me about the audioformz

marchina
09-12-2006, 03:37 AM
THAT LOOKS %&*&^*$*&

RETURN IT AND MAKE THEM DO IT RIGHT! i hate to see that.

Best regards

Simon

AZHeet
09-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Kudos to Surfside Boats in Tempe, AZ. In addition to my 20 hr service and some other warranty items, they have relocated the remote and ordered a new dash. It's nice to see some business' still do the right thing.