PDA

View Full Version : Air Trakker Sample V

Wolf-
09-05-2006, 05:19 PM
As I promised a LONG time ago in this thread (http://www.moomba.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3010#16545) I've thrown some sample videos online of the Air Trakker in action for you to see. Nothing spectacular. Just basically showin what it can do with no post editing.

Video 1 (Google/MPG (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2521626126883835261&hl=en))
Five minutes of rather boring kneeboarding on very smooth morning water. Simple wake jumps to show the tracking. Some surface tricks to show how it handles slack in the line.

Video 2 (Google/MPG (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7217740028935423415&hl=en))
Wife said you should see a crash.

Video 3 (Google/MPG)
This one is still being processed by Google. Bad water later the same day, lots of vertical bounce.

Notes:
-2006 Moomba Outback DD
-Air Trakker (rotary dampener)
-Sony CCD-TRV37 (8mm)
-Captured to MPEG2 then converted to WMV for upload to Google w/ Adobe Premier CS. I have two MPEG1 pending with google, if they look better, will change the links above.
-Speed was about 22-23mph.
-Left the audio in so you get an idea what it picks up.
-Yes, the lead arm is in the top of the frame. The camcorder lcd doesn't show the entire frame, so I didn't see it when setting up. Thats been fixed now.
-Things I'll end up doing: adding a LANC controller to start and stop from spotters or drivers seat. And I'd like and LCD down lower. Don't really want to spend $300 for the one that the Trakker folks sell. Thats perfect pass money!

gotmyboat
09-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Wolf -

Cool videos! I am a slalom skier and novice wakeboarder, but have recently started kneeboarding. It always seemed like a kid-thing, but it is my guilty pleasure. I have a Hydoslide Revolution molded board, and am so done with it. I am looking at a Rush 5150 for next season. Watching your board cut and maintain speed (wow, slack in the line) was inspiring. I am always at full line load so I have to fight through 360s and almost killed myself trying an Ole`. It is nice to see other adults enjoying kneeboarding.

Keep up the good work.

Dave :p

Wolf-
09-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by gotmyboat
Wolf -
Cool videos! I am a slalom skier and novice wakeboarder, but have recently started kneeboarding. It always seemed like a kid-thing, but it is my guilty pleasure. I have a Hydoslide Revolution molded board, and am so done with it. I am looking at a Rush 5150 for next season. Watching your board cut and maintain speed (wow, slack in the line) was inspiring. I am always at full line load so I have to fight through 360s and almost killed myself trying an Ole`. It is nice to see other adults enjoying kneeboarding.
Keep up the good work.
Dave :p

Bad knee and a hip the pops out of place regularly make wakeboarding an uncomfortable venture.
You will love the 5150. The pad is the most comfortable I've ever been on.

We have a 5150 and a 05 Lowrider. My daughter likes the Lowrider. The 5150 is a smidge wider and longer making it too much board for her.

I run about 1100 points in tournament level. Not enough to make the 1600 point national qualifier each year. But, I'm getting older, and someone voted this year to make the next Mens level only a 600 point requirement (lame!). Anna would have qualified last year, but we left the GA State tourny early because of a stroke in the family.

The Ole can be wicked. Definately stretch first (old man tip).

www.kneeboardplanet.com is run by a buddy of mine up north and has some animated gifs showing tricks.
Only one kneeboarding video of consequence was ever released (Air Assault) and it's out of production.
Anna wants to put together a basic how-to video showing the beginner level tricks from a kids point of view. The beginning of this year has been playing around with the equipment and spotter/rider communications. Its one thing to say faster/slower/down its another to tell the rider you want a retake on a shot. We are just shooting tons of footage and will then spend the off season editing it and posting it online.

gotmyboat
09-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Wolf -

I would definitely be interested in the video. I have 3 girls (13,10,3) and the older two love the kneeboard. The 10 year old did her first 360 on Sunday and was thrilled.
I did check out Planetkneeboard on the suggestion of one of your earlier posts. It has some cool clips. There wasn't one for the ole`, so it was nice to see yours. I have been having fun just trying out new things and am looking forward to the new board. I'm a big guy (6'3", 230) so the 5150 looked like the right amount of board for me.
My buddy has an HD videocam and shoots on every outing. He has some pretty high end editiing software and puts together a DVD every year with music and slow-mo for the big crashes. We get together in Jan or Feb and watch it while there is snow on the ground. Good luck with your project.

Dave

YellowMoomba0
09-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Wolf:

You have to be one in 100 that actually likes the pad on the 5150. Mine is sitting in the garage and I am seriously thinking of taking my Joker Pad and putting on the 5150. However, I hear tell that Ted is currently working on a new pad design. Hopefully it comes out soon.

I have been kneeboarding for 20 years and never have I been so miserable after 10 minutes on the 5150. Honestly I dont see how Kent does it at his level.

Wolf-
09-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by YellowMoomba0
Wolf:
You have to be one in 100 that actually likes the pad on the 5150. Mine is sitting in the garage and I am seriously thinking of taking my Joker Pad and putting on the 5150. However, I hear tell that Ted is currently working on a new pad design. Hopefully it comes out soon.

I have been kneeboarding for 20 years and never have I been so miserable after 10 minutes on the 5150. Honestly I dont see how Kent does it at his level.

Roadkill is a great guy. Awesome rider for an old man *grin*. Have you had a chance to meet Ken and Kenny Stuart from north Ga? Great family there as well.

Yup, something about the way I'm built, the pad on the 5150 is like a glove.
Fro reference, I'm 6"1', runners calves, 190#.

YellowMoomba0
09-07-2006, 02:00 PM
Have not met the Stuarts, did see Kent this past weekend at the Roughriders hang out. He was coaching foiling to kids to I did not get to see him ride any.

Wolf-
09-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by YellowMoomba0

Have not met the Stuarts, did see Kent this past weekend at the Roughriders hang out. He was coaching foiling to kids to I did not get to see him ride any.

No no, not an air chair??? Billy Rossini (http://www.billyrossini.com) went that route as well.

seanpatsdad
09-08-2006, 02:59 AM
I foil and keep up with foiling on the different websites and can tell you that Billy Rossini is a stud on the Sky Ski.
John

Buttafewcoe
09-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Highest flip on a foil in the book of world records. On lake Norman, NC no less....that's my part of the country.......Billy is representing us North Carolinians.....!!!
B