PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard modiy cost

missoulajon
09-05-2006, 05:09 PM
I'm considering a 03 Outback LS in Spring. (My first boat)It's 310 hp and not wake ready.Only 90 hours and looks great. But whats it going to cost to get a tower or wake plate or any other method for making this family friendly ride into a beginer wakeboard boat.

Should I continue the search for the boat that has everything? Also would you have a problem buying without seeing? Im looking into a third party to check it out. Its in Central Indiana.

The family of Moomba owners seems trustworthy. Can anyone comment .

Thanks missoulajon

Yellowmobius
09-05-2006, 05:18 PM
I would hold out for something closer to what you actually want, but that is me.
I would think you can find a good used boat with the options you are looking for. At least one with a tower and ballast.

just my thoughts

NCSUmoomba
09-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Yea man, I would try to find one with a tower already on it. The nice factory style towers are $2000-$3000 bucks I think, and I bet you can find one with it already on it for less than that much additional money. Plus if you have to buy racks and light and speakers and a bimini you can drop close to $5000 to deck it out completely.

JoeTechie
09-05-2006, 11:54 PM
1) You can probably get by for < $2500:- aftermarket tower ~ $1600, ballast ! $300, etc.
2) Remember - the wake plate makes the wake SMALLER. By design, the LS hull wants to make a wake.
3) NEVER buy a boat sight unseen.

Even w/ all the above - I'd agree w/ everyone else so far - look for something closer to what you want. As winter approaches, more boats will go onsale.

$0.02 deposited.

-J