PDA

View Full Version : Swell 3.0 feedback

dakota4ce
11-13-2017, 11:02 PM
Anyone who is familiar with Swell 2.0–have you ridden Swell 3.0?

Any feedback to offer?

Wave shape
Push
Length
Etc;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mobius22
11-14-2017, 08:55 AM
Wake 9 will be coming out with a review of the Supra SL with 3.0 soon. He has an SE with 2.0 so that'll give you a good idea of the differences.

steinkda1984
11-14-2017, 10:03 AM
I am very interested to know if these larger plates make a hugh difference. The surface area on the new swell plates have increased dramatically.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dakota4ce
11-14-2017, 10:47 AM
I am very interested to know if these larger plates make a hugh difference. The surface area on the new swell plates have increased dramatically.

Actually, I believe this isn’t true. The articulating portion of the plate is damn near exactly the same size as 2.0. What has changed is the “between plate” part that doesn’t move. It moves the articulating part further out from the transom and puts it at a 30 degree rough angle. Much like a Tige TAPS 3 plate orientation.

It’s really really close, they’re 97% exactly the same size. The difference is their position in space relative to the transom.

dakota4ce
11-14-2017, 10:49 AM
Wake 9 will be coming out with a review of the Supra SL with 3.0 soon. He has an SE with 2.0 so that'll give you a good idea of the differences.

I would really love an apples to apples—SE 2.0 to SE 3.0. A perfect scientific experiment. But that’s likely not gonna happen unfortunately.

Mgigs7
11-14-2017, 11:03 AM
I’m interested in this as well.

steinkda1984
11-14-2017, 11:36 AM
Actually, I believe this isn’t true. The articulating portion of the plate is damn near exactly the same size as 2.0. What has changed is the “between plate” part that doesn’t move. It moves the articulating part further out from the transom and puts it at a 30 degree rough angle. Much like a Tige TAPS 3 plate orientation.

It’s really really close, they’re 97% exactly the same size. The difference is their position in space relative to the transom.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMy bad, I have the original Swell which is much smaller than Swell 2.0. My swell doesn't have the "between plate". The articulating or hinged plate is bolted to the transom.

dakota4ce
11-14-2017, 11:48 AM
My bad, I have the original Swell which is much smaller than Swell 2.0. My swell doesn't have the "between plate". The articulating or hinged plate is bolted to the transom.

That makes sense, they did increase dramatically in size between 1.0 and 2.0. Version 3.0 is a position change and does a lot (purportedly) to aid in wave cleanliness with even weighting. Apparently you can fill all, press button, get clean wave.

I checked to see if they sell 3.0 plates. As suspected, no. It’s a “safety concern” which is a straw man excuse, but one they have to make in this litigious capitalistic world.