PDA

View Full Version : Supra Launch System

dakota4ce
11-12-2017, 12:09 AM
Does anyone know exactly how the system works? I never could really make sense of when the surf tabs are used to get the boat up on plane sometimes and other times they are not.If anyone knows the nitty-gritty details of how it works/when it that would be awesome!

And also if it’s possible to adjust any of the settings by which it works, that would be cool too. I don’t see anything in the normal menus, but perhaps there is a service menu that offers this that I don’t know about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DFTR Josh
11-12-2017, 11:09 AM
Does anyone know exactly how the system works? I never could really make sense of when the surf tabs are used to get the boat up on plane sometimes and other times they are not.If anyone knows the nitty-gritty details of how it works/when it that would be awesome!

And also if it’s possible to adjust any of the settings by which it works, that would be cool too. I don’t see anything in the normal menus, but perhaps there is a service menu that offers this that I don’t know about.
I thought Supra worked as long as you had the rider profile set and active. As far as adjusting I've never seen or heard of a option to do this.

dakota4ce
11-12-2017, 11:13 AM
Maybe I will try to call Skiers choice. It seems like the times I’ve seen it work I would not have had an active rider profile. The only time I use profiles is when I’m surfing, we have never wake boarded behind the boat. I know I know.

Now itkind of rings a bell that it would only work when the speed set is active....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russellsmojo
11-12-2017, 12:52 PM
In the user settings there are some adjustments. From memory, I think they are called crossover setting or something similar. If I remember I will take some pics this afternoon. I think I️t tells the boat when and how much to deploy then when to stop. I have never messed with them.

dakota4ce
11-12-2017, 01:55 PM
There definitely is a place where you can set the crossover point, but I don’t remember any adjustments on how much they can deploy. Looking forward to hearing if you discover anything.

dakota4ce
11-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Here’s where I’m going with this: I am thinking about altering the geometry of my swell 2.0 plates to be more like those of swell 3.0. I was wondering if the function of supra launch to use the surf tabs would be significantly altered or could be adjusted.

dakota4ce
11-13-2017, 10:54 PM
What I need is a. Friendly service manager type who can tell me.

russellsmojo
11-14-2017, 01:32 AM
Great question! You need a Supra technical guy for that one though. Would like to know the answer because apparently the 3.0 does change wave.

I️t appears to only be a immobile extension from hull then the plate. If you did all of that I️t would seem to work. But I am not an engineer.

Please share what you find out.

Mobius22
11-14-2017, 02:31 PM
The Launch system deploys when the boat has cruise activated on 2017 and 18 models. I don't believe you can adjust how much the plates deploy for auto launch, since they're deploying in the most efficient way to get the boat on plane quickly.

In regard to Swell 3.0 vs 2.0, the 3.0 will allow you to run the boat more evenly due to the design of the plates and how they're angled now. 3.0 allows the plate to move the water beneath the hull more and clean the wave up without as much list. It's definitely a step up in design and function. I recommend trying out a 2018 Supra with the 3.0 and see what you think in person, that's the best way to see if the changes work for you.

dakota4ce
11-14-2017, 02:50 PM
The Launch system deploys when the boat has cruise activated on 2017 and 18 models. I don't believe you can adjust how much the plates deploy for auto launch, since they're deploying in the most efficient way to get the boat on plane quickly.

In regard to Swell 3.0 vs 2.0, the 3.0 will allow you to run the boat more evenly due to the design of the plates and how they're angled now. 3.0 allows the plate to move the water beneath the hull more and clean the wave up without as much list. It's definitely a step up in design and function. I recommend trying out a 2018 Supra with the 3.0 and see what you think in person, that's the best way to see if the changes work for you.

And don’t forget 2016 for Launch. I have it.

I understand the convenience of level weighting, that would be great. Transfers would be mildly amusing. BUT: ultimately wave quality is what I️ crave. If I can get damn close with my 2.0 boat, maybe needing a little more weight, and some list, I am cool with that.

I really wanna know if the wave itself is better enough to matter with 3.0. Like, 20% better, not 5% better. Because my slammed 2.0 wave is darned good. And, when dialed, is very clean. But once optimized, it’s not very transfer friendly.

Mobius22
11-14-2017, 03:06 PM
There's no replacement for displacement, regardless of surf system. If you love your wave as is, then that's awesome! It's hard to tell you that the 3.0 is 25% better or 50% better , or whatever without you actually trying the wave on a boat with the new 3.0 that is weighted down like your current boat. Everyone has different preferences so giving you a number value is going to be very tough. The 3.0 is easier to get clean on both sides with minimal weight transfer, and makes a great clean wave. That's about all I can tell you.

dakota4ce
11-14-2017, 03:43 PM
My wave is the same as Ragboy’s SE wave, more or less. It’s excellent.

However, if better exists, I am ALWAYS interested.
If there’s a marked shape difference, then it’s intriguing. More lip, steeper face like RZX would be fun, but not in a less powerful wave. Which is why RZX is inferior at this time to mine. It’s shape is great, but it’s not as strong and long.

I know it’s splitting hairs. It’s winter, I am bored.

Trying an SE weighted like mine is a tall task. Dealers seldom know how to make these boats really sing. And my dealer keeps low to nonexistent stock levels. I think they do have an SE and and SA on order though. That’s it, however.

Anyway, someone who has been on both 2.0 and 3.0 in similar configurations and has thoughtful insight on the differences would be fun to talk to.

dakota4ce
11-14-2017, 03:46 PM
Honestly, I suspect that 2.0 can make 95% of the wave 3.0 can make, it Just may take more weight, and more lean to do it. This makes it less “switch” friendly and uses more gas. But that doesn’t matter to me as much as making a top notch wave. If the wave is slamming I could give a rip about gas and a little leaning 🤣. AMIRIGHT?!