PDA

View Full Version : 2007 vs. 2006

shulaj
09-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Hello all,

Just went on an Outback. Never heard of a MOOMBA before, but as I am new to wakeboarding, I can tell you that it was amazing to do my first HUGE wake to wake jump on that thing. Thinking of getting rid of my Seaswirl (which has served me well) and getting into a Mobius or Outback.

So my issue is this. Do I buy a 2006 or 2007 and if I get a 2007, and I order in Feb, (Detroit Boat Show) what is delivery (BUILD) time??

Also, what are the differences in 06 and 07?

Engines?
Colours?

Also, I did not see the flames on the 06 but I cannot findin them on the configurator.

It looks like the width is greater in some models.

Thanks

mvd
09-03-2006, 07:20 AM
http://www.moomba.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3261

BoatmanCan
09-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Hi Shulaj, The decal patterns are different in 07 and offer more choices over 06. Same with deck colors as opposed to 06 where there were only 3 options. If you were going to get the EFI anyway, then get an 07: base price is higher than 06 but EFI is included and then you get a few extras like the stainless cup holders, rails, plush quick dry carpet, etc.

As for the model, I had both an Outback and a Mobius. If wake is your gig, do not hesitate one second and go for the Mobius. If some ski is done get the Mobius LS. The Mobius beginning in 06 was built on Supra template so you get a bigger boat than the Outback.

Make sure to get the wake plate and gravity 111 ballasts.

Now if you can get a great deal on an 06 Mobius LS, go for it.

Pierre

Roachman
10-02-2006, 11:08 AM
If you order a custom boat like I did be prepared to wait about 3 months. I ordered my LSV at the end of Jan and recieved it at the end of April. The dealer will tell you 6-8 weeks but that is not usually correct. Also if you can find something at the dealer shop or boat show then you are more likely to get a better deal because the dealer is more likely to discount to move inventory. As for the question to get 06 or 07....same boat with a couple of different options. it all depend if it is worth an additional 6000. You should be able to get a new 06 of about 35-36k loaded at the end of the year.