PDA

View Full Version : Wakeplate gauge issues

bubba_tiger
11-09-2017, 06:43 PM
My wakeplate on an '04 Mobius LSV is not working. Based on previous posts, I started tracing wires and most of them went to a black box (relay??). All the additional wires on the box has been cut. Is there anyway to determine where they go? Below is the information I could read on cut wires:

Black wire = Actuator ???
2 Green wires = Actuator Inputs

Appreciate any help. Thanks!!!

VA LSV
11-15-2017, 09:14 PM
Is the wakeplate moving and just the gauge not working? Power and ground for the actuator sensor may not be fed from the gauge connections. Check the pump for to see if they are connected there.

From your pic this would be the connections.
Red wire ring terminal - +12 volt
Black wire ring terminal - ground
Yellow wire ring terminal - +12 volt to actuator
Black wire no ring terminal - ground to actuator
Green wire - feedback from sensor in the actuator

VA LSV
11-15-2017, 09:17 PM
The way my 05 is wired the wakeplate will move but the gauge doesn't with the key off. Key on and both operate.

bubba_tiger
11-16-2017, 07:22 AM
I emailed Beede Instruments and they advised me that the gauge and module are both obsolete. Attached is most of the info they sent me (file was too big to attach everything).

Problem I am having is not the wires from the module to the gauge. It's the wires from the module to the wakeplate (2 - green & 1 - black). They had been cut an I am trying to re-install. I believe actuator wires have been changed because I have a blue, yellow, green and red wire going from control to motor & attachment says 2 green and 1 black. I tried to isolating each wire to see which one made the wakeplate go up & down, but nothing ever made gauge work so I just gave up for now.

Thanks for inputs!!

VA LSV
11-19-2017, 11:30 PM
Might check with Bennett Trim Tabs to see if they have a solution.

bubba_tiger
11-20-2017, 07:12 AM
Might check with Bennett Trim Tabs to see if they have a solution.

I will. I believe they will advise me to just upgrade, but we'll see. Thanks!

5:00
11-20-2017, 01:33 PM
I went through this not too long ago. It was the sender in the actuator that was bad. Pretty easy fix and not too expensive.