PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find this board rack bolt

Tylerrnemt
10-28-2017, 01:28 PM
When winterizing last weekend after our last trip out I realized I had lost the center pivot bolt out of my port side swivel rack. It dawned on me that I had noticed the bolt was a little loose a while before and I forgot to get my hex set out and tighten it up : /

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement for this bolt? The PO had originally bought the boat with fixed racks and replaced with these factory moomba racks. I'm not sure what year these racks were a option?

https://vgy.me/IYwf0a.jpg

https://vgy.me/GRQkc4.jpg

https://vgy.me/OIYGvf.jpg

https://vgy.me/aQE3dg.jpg

Woody929
10-28-2017, 03:01 PM
You might try Fastenal. Not sure if they’ll have it, but when I’ve needed odd size stainless socket cap bolts for the boat, they’ve had them

web
10-28-2017, 04:30 PM
Any fastenal or wilders should have that shoulder bolt

av8tort
10-28-2017, 04:30 PM
McMaster Carr also has a plethora of odd sized bolts and other things.

MLA
10-28-2017, 04:36 PM
Those are Rozwell racks IIRC. If so, check with them for a bolt

Tylerrnemt
10-29-2017, 12:35 AM
Those are Rozwell racks IIRC. If so, check with them for a bolt

I think they are Skylon Switch swivel racks? I'm not really sure though?

13mobiusLSV
10-29-2017, 04:21 AM
I think they are Skylon Switch swivel racks? I'm not really sure though?

They are skylon, contact them directly to order that bolt. I lost my plunger pin a few summers back and had to get ahold of them for the part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tylerrnemt
10-29-2017, 09:47 AM
They are skylon, contact them directly to order that bolt. I lost my plunger pin a few summers back and had to get ahold of them for the part.

Thanks! I sent them an e-mail... waiting to hear back.

jrobb
11-01-2017, 07:33 PM
Just an fyi for anyone with these swivel racks. I found the bolt in my boat last summer when out on the water i was not sure what it went to until i pulled the pin to swivel the rack and almost lost the forks into the lake. I have since pulled my bolts out and applied locktite red to the threads to make sure they wont come out again.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Tylerrnemt
11-02-2017, 01:58 PM
Just an fyi for anyone with these swivel racks. I found the bolt in my boat last summer when out on the water i was not sure what it went to until i pulled the pin to swivel the rack and almost lost the forks into the lake. I have since pulled my bolts out and applied locktite red to the threads to make sure they wont come out again.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thats exactly what happened to me!. I went to swivel the rack in and fell off the tower. Unfortunatley for me it fell out while I was towing the boat home about a 2 1/2 hour drive. No way i'm finding it. I stopped by my local Fastenal a couple days ago and they had to order one in as they didn't carry it in stock. I expect to pick it up today or tomorrow. I will respond with sizes/part number for any future reference once I know for sure it works. It was a hair under $10. I also got a reply from Skylon. Was told they had a few left still at $20 a piece plus shipping. I was thinking about adding the Loctite also, I think I will now that you mentioned it too.

Tylerrnemt
11-03-2017, 04:50 PM
I picked the shoulder bolt up today from Fastenal. Worked perfectly. I ending up having to pay another $8 in shipping so all together the replacement bolt cost just under $20.

I put a little anti-seize on the shoulder that works as the axle and I put a dap of red loctite on the threads.

Fastenal Part #74118

1/2" shoulder x 2" long shoulder x 3/8"-16 stainless steel socket shoulder bolt

license to ill
01-23-2020, 09:57 AM

Old thread revival.

How the hell did that plunger fall out? I'm trying to get mine out right now and I can't figure out how to get it apart. Do you know how it comes apart?

I'm trying to fix the issue of the plunger pin popping out of the seat and the board racks swiveling around into the boat when the boards are on them.

Joe

license to ill
01-23-2020, 11:58 AM
Old thread revival.

How the hell did that plunger fall out? I'm trying to get mine out right now and I can't figure out how to get it apart. Do you know how it comes apart?

I'm trying to fix the issue of the plunger pin popping out of the seat and the board racks swiveling around into the boat when the boards are on them.

Joe

I talked to Skylon. The knob is threaded onto the pin with lock-tight so it needs to be heated in order to break the bond and remove it.

EmilyGims
01-29-2020, 06:17 AM
I talked to Skylon. The knob is threaded onto the pin with lock-tight so it needs to be heated in order to break the bond and remove it.

We had to take it out the last summer and it came off rather easily, weird! Maybe ours was about to get lost as well. Thank you for an update though, glad you figured all out.