PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Craz vs Moomba Max vs Axis A22

Lawyerdell
10-22-2017, 11:49 AM
I'm looking at getting a new boat. I have Moomba mobius LSV. Haven't really been behind many boats. I kneeboard and surf. I can surf behind mine with no rope, but not many other people can.

I went on a test ride on the 17 A22 yesterday, and the surf wave was awesome, but riding in the boat just looks cheap. My 2011 Moomba looks nicer.

I'm going the new Max on Monday and hope to see how it works. With that deep of a hull I would awesome it can throw a mean wave.

Anyone have any advice here. I've read with the Moomba's you can adjust the wave more. You can change it from a tall wave to a long wave. With the Axis surf gate you really don't have much adjustment. Any help would be great.

Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
10-22-2017, 03:02 PM
I'm looking at getting a new boat. I have Moomba mobius LSV. Haven't really been behind many boats. I kneeboard and surf. I can surf behind mine with no rope, but not many other people can.

I went on a test ride on the 17 A22 yesterday, and the surf wave was awesome, but riding in the boat just looks cheap. My 2011 Moomba looks nicer.

I'm going the new Max on Monday and hope to see how it works. With that deep of a hull I would awesome it can throw a mean wave.

Anyone have any advice here. I've read with the Moomba's you can adjust the wave more. You can change it from a tall wave to a long wave. With the Axis surf gate you really don't have much adjustment. Any help would be great.

Thank you in advance

Couple of items. If your dealer is taking you out, I hope they know how to dial in the surf wave. I hate the hear the stories of a dealer taking a customer out and does not know how work the boat surf settings.

Once boats are purchased, rear stock bags are replaced with larger displacement bags. All boats. Guys are adding an extra bag on the surf side or lead to adjust the weight around. Sometimes it depends on how many people you have aboard.

With the SC boats, once the back-end is properly weighted, bow weight keeps the bow from raising too high and the make the wave longer. Lots of dialed in boats on here and share setups. There should be some good video coming out from a recent CA surf event - Polar Bear. From what I read, Max did very well and held it's own against some of the bigger dollar boats.

I'm not sure, but I think the A22s changed in 2018 to up-their-game. Moomba had nicer interiors on the previous models and models now. There are some guys on here that have owned SC and BU boats, so I'm sure you will get responses from them.

mattsask
10-22-2017, 03:05 PM

Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI don't have any experience with the current year axis boats, but I did shop axis back in 16 when I bought my craz. I leaned towards the moomba because axis owners I had talked to were getting way worse fuel consumption numbers. My understanding was that the wedge and surf system creates a lot more drag than other brands.

I own a craz and it is totally dialed, that being said, I think if I was buying brand new right now, I would go with a MAX. I am not a huge fan of the lines of the max, but I think half the problem is that all we've been seeing is that super bland red and white R&D boat. I'm sure some good gel colors would make a world of difference.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
10-22-2017, 03:07 PM
I am not a huge fan of the lines of the max, but I think half the problem is that all we've been seeing is that super bland red and white R&D boat. I'm sure some good gel colors would make a world of difference.

Good call on that.

Lawyerdell
10-22-2017, 06:28 PM
I don't have any experience with the current year axis boats, but I did shop axis back in 16 when I bought my craz. I leaned towards the moomba because axis owners I had talked to were getting way worse fuel consumption numbers. My understanding was that the wedge and surf system creates a lot more drag than other brands.

I own a craz and it is totally dialed, that being said, I think if I was buying brand new right now, I would go with a MAX. I am not a huge fan of the lines of the max, but I think half the problem is that all we've been seeing is that super bland red and white R&D boat. I'm sure some good gel colors would make a world of difference.

What are you running in the rear?

I've read that with the Moomba it allows you to change the wave from a big wave to a long wave. With the axis it seems like you can only change the wave by weight.

The Max has no bow weight

mattsask
10-22-2017, 06:30 PM
What are you running in the rear?

I've read that with the Moomba it allows you to change the wave from a big wave to a long wave. With the axis it seems like you can only change the wave by weight.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'm running 1450 enzos bags in the rear and an additional 400 steel in the front.

Stazi
10-23-2017, 06:55 AM
I need to see a pic of the Enzo's filled in a Craz. Thinking about getting some myself.

jmvotto
10-23-2017, 09:23 AM
I don't have any experience with the current year axis boats, but I did shop axis back in 16 when I bought my craz. I leaned towards the moomba because axis owners I had talked to were getting way worse fuel consumption numbers. My understanding was that the wedge and surf system creates a lot more drag than other brands.

The original mojo was horrible with color scheme etc in 2012, while the max is deep I believe color options will smooth out the lines.

DFTR Josh
10-23-2017, 09:51 AM
I'm thinking the Max has 1200 sub floor in the nose.

Mobius22
10-23-2017, 10:46 AM
DFTR Josh

You're correct.

That Guy
10-23-2017, 03:38 PM
Definitely Moomba over Axis. Then definitely Craz over Max.

I had a 2015 Axis T22 and now have a 2017 Moomba Craz, it’s for sale too!

Getssum96
10-23-2017, 04:40 PM
Just wanted to add that if Surf wave is your priority and budget is a factor, you won't be disappointed in the MAX. I rode it at Polar bear and the wave was awesome, with a really, really long transition that made it even more fun. I expect to see much more out of this boat once it gets in peoples hands and the dialing and tweaking begin. I suspect Skiiers Choice won't be able to make enough of them.

Catman
10-23-2017, 08:48 PM
Keep in mind if u like to ski once and awhile the max is out the Craz is very well rounded considering its size

BrettLee3232
10-24-2017, 06:49 PM

You're correct.

From what I read it was 1k sub floor & 1k each rear locker 🤷🏼*♂️

DFTR Josh
10-24-2017, 10:46 PM
From what I read it was 1k sub floor & 1k each rear locker 🤷🏼*♂️

3000 stock ballast, 1200 nose and 1800 rear... That sounds fun [emoji16]

DFTR Josh
Moomba/Supra
www.marine-products.com
(Discount code: DFTR)