PDA

View Full Version : Norris Lake Property feedback

13mobiusLSV
10-21-2017, 11:53 AM
Hey guys-

We are looking for some feedback/suggestions regarding lake front properties on Norris. Our hope is to potentially purchase in the next couple years, but we would like to rent in some areas first and see which spots we might prefer as family. We have primarily been Dale Hollow boaters throughout the years and have limited exposure to the lake, as we have only been down there twice and stayed at Twin Cove and Flat Hollow. We would be driving from the northside of the lake as we live in Indiana. Also, if you're aware of any places that are available for long term rentals (2 weeks or more) any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Nick

zabooda
10-21-2017, 01:44 PM
Check Airbnb.

MJHSupra
10-21-2017, 02:02 PM
There are a bunch of OH people on here that come down on weekends. I'm sure you will get some people to respond.

I know people that have rented around Deerfield and Shanghia areas.
Also hung around west of Bubba Brew's area. There are plenty of homes and rentals.

I'm local, so I just trailer in/out, but there are lots for rentals IF you look early. Seen posts on here.

Once summer starts, weekends are busy. You will see lots of SC boats. Once UT football starts and the lake starts dropping, you will have the place to yourself.

tater
10-21-2017, 04:55 PM
We have stayed on both ends and in the middle we prefer Sharps Chapel maynardsville area on the other side it's more rural and always has good water better marinas Hickory Star Bubba Brews and less developed do like Sequoyah marina in the middle for Friday all you can eat wings and buckets of beer would stay away from the Deerfield area super busy wouldn't stay there if it was free they do have and airstrip if you want to land your plane there haha check out VRBO plenty of properties on there we have stayed at the lighthouse a couple of times it's in Andersonville in the middle very nice and resonable just my 02 cents text me if you need any more info Good Luck in your search.

13mobiusLSV
10-23-2017, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the info everyone, I might poke all your guys brains as we get further along on this process.

Boardin'Ohio
10-23-2017, 10:09 PM
I sent you a private message but here’s a link to our house. We’re on Big Creek which is about 25 minutes from I-75 and it’s a great spot for watersports. Please send me a message or call if you’d like to discuss further. We’re very familiar with the upper arm of the lake and would be happy to answer any questions.

https://www.vrbo.com/776635