PDA

View Full Version : Ballast. ..?

Catman
10-19-2017, 09:17 PM
Hi guys I have a 16 Craz and would like to add more weight has anyone added bags behind drivers seat and if so what size and did you plumb them into your rear locker bag pumps

Stazi
10-19-2017, 09:36 PM
Have you upgraded the stock locker bags to 1100's yet? Do that first. We also run a 400 on whatever side we surf, on the side seats, and an extra 750 across the back seat. We fill all these with a separate Tsunami pump that we throw over the side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mattsask
10-19-2017, 10:40 PM
Have you upgraded the stock locker bags to 1100's yet? Do that first. We also run a 400 on whatever side we surf, on the side seats, and an extra 750 across the back seat. We fill all these with a separate Tsunami pump that we throw over the side.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkHow much weight do you run in that tank stazi? Do you run extra nose weight too?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

xbrandloyal
10-20-2017, 12:06 AM
Also curious on this one.....still need better goofy wake and thought about moving batteries to this side or bags under seats behind driver.....following

Stazi
10-20-2017, 07:45 AM
I fill both 1100's as well as the center tank and bow bag. Then I have 3 separate bags, 2x 400's and a 750. 750 goes on rear seat. 1x 400 on side seat and then last 400 in the front walkway. Then I run 11-11.2mph with the following plate setups. For port side (natural foot) surf tab at 45-50% and wakeplate at 35-45%. For starboard side (goofy foot) surf tab at 60-65% and wake plate 10-20%. Like I have said numerous times in many other posts, you have to watch how much you deploy the surf tabs. Goose has even back me up with this, because when you deploy them too far down they end up lifting the back of your boat out of the water and this makes your wave smaller. I came up with my deployment numbers by testing out every five percent increment until I got the best looking wave. These guys thinking that deploying the surf tab all the way down at 100% and it will produce the best wave are mistaken. As you can see even from left to right the setup for the tabs and plate are very different, which is due to the interaction of the wave with the propeller rotation direction and how that naturally adds list to the boat on its own. More is not always better (except when talking about ballast!). I always suggest to people to try and test out different configurations and not just assume that putting everything to the maximum is going to get you the best results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mattsask
10-20-2017, 09:17 AM
I guess what I'm getting at is, I don't get how you're running 400# more rear weight than me and zero additional bow weight. Your bow rise must be insane, no? I'm running enzos in the rear but have to run 500 IBS +400# of steel in the nose. My tab deployment is similar to yours, but I avoid deploying the wake plate unless I absolutely have to, as I find it negatively impacts push more than anything else. We usually run 10.8-12.3 depending on rider. Again, I speed up to stretch the wave instead of deploying wake plate, because I find it firms up the wave and looses very little, if any push. What rps do you run with all that weight in the ass?

Catman
10-20-2017, 08:51 PM
I do have the 1100 in the rear and run very similar settings the reason for additional weight is a friend came out to chk the boat out and weighs about 400 lbs and I absolutley loved the wake tons of push so now would like to add. The 400s size up at 42x16x16 and was concerned if they would push the seats up

Stazi
10-21-2017, 02:11 PM
I guess what I'm getting at is, I don't get how you're running 400# more rear weight than me and zero additional bow weight. Your bow rise must be insane, no? I'm running enzos in the rear but have to run 500 IBS +400# of steel in the nose. My tab deployment is similar to yours, but I avoid deploying the wake plate unless I absolutely have to, as I find it negatively impacts push more than anything else. We usually run 10.8-12.3 depending on rider. Again, I speed up to stretch the wave instead of deploying wake plate, because I find it firms up the wave and looses very little, if any push. What rps do you run with all that weight in the ass?

Matt,
I have a bow bag as a part of the surf edition package as well as the center tank. On top of that we put another 400 pound bag in the walkway up near the nose. This is in addition to the 750 across the backseat and a 400 pound bag that we will put on whatever side we are surfing. So when we switch from one side to the other we have to empty it partially, pick it up move it to the other side and then re-fill it.
Bow rise isn't bad at all. I would love to add lead but I would have to off load it every time I hoist the boat as otherwise it will be too much the lift. I just had to buy a new one rated at 6500lb and I don't want to break it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattsask
10-21-2017, 04:48 PM
Matt,
I have a bow bag as a part of the surf edition package as well as the center tank. On top of that we put another 400 pound bag in the walkway up near the nose. This is in addition to the 750 across the backseat and a 400 pound bag that we will put on whatever side we are surfing. So when we switch from one side to the other we have to empty it partially, pick it up move it to the other side and then re-fill it.
Bow rise isn't bad at all. I would love to add lead but I would have to off load it every time I hoist the boat as otherwise it will be too much the lift. I just had to buy a new one rated at 6500lb and I don't want to break it!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAh, that sounds about right! Sounds like you have that thing dialed! What brand of lift did you go with? We're in the market.

Stazi
10-21-2017, 05:14 PM
Hewitt. The Shore Stations are just overpriced when you get up into that weight rating. Plus I already had a Hewitt barn style canopy from my old lift so it went on perfect. I also have an electric motor on it. Good thing because the gearbox ratio on this lift is like 10:1. Pack a lunch if you are going to crank it up by hand. LOL

Catman
11-26-2017, 07:20 AM
Does any one know what style pumps we have on the Craz. I think it's time to replace the impellers. And what color is everyone using

mattsask
11-27-2017, 12:32 AM
Does any one know what style pumps we have on the Craz. I think it's time to replace the impellers. And what color is everyone usingJabsco ballast puppy I believe. I use the green impeller.

Ronixcraz16
11-27-2017, 08:06 AM
Jabsco is correct, I just replaced the green impellers from wakemakers a couple of weeks ago on my 2016

MJHSupra
11-27-2017, 08:54 AM
Sounds like you have an answer. The Johnson ones are orange.

Catman
11-28-2017, 10:36 PM
Ok thanks. Boats in storage

Catman
05-29-2018, 09:30 PM
Ok thanks. Boats in storage

Does any one know the reset procedure for ballast pumps my keep shutting off I replaced the impellers. Thanks 16 craz

KnoxMojo
05-29-2018, 09:37 PM
Menu, ballast, timers, reset.

Catman
05-30-2018, 09:16 PM
Ok thanks Will that fix the problem

Catman
07-07-2019, 07:28 PM
Does anyone know how the ballast hoses are ran under the floor I have a leak in one of them. Thanks

jazzvancouver
07-24-2020, 10:57 PM
Is it worth adding the 1100’s on the newer Craz given the rears are already 900? Maybe just add lead instead? I’m not on a lift, just moored for the summer. Thanks!

rshook77
07-25-2020, 12:03 AM
For what it is worth, we upgraded stock 900s to Enzos and added 300# of lead. Made a big difference and I do not regret it.. There are some good posts on here over the last few years about setting up the Craz.

Ryan
2017 Craz