PDA

View Full Version : Ballast pump impellers

mikenehrkorn
10-13-2017, 09:15 AM
I have never had any trouble with the ballast pump impellers, but how often should they be changed?

Thanks.

jmvotto
10-13-2017, 09:19 AM
when they die, I ran mine for 6 years no issues

mikenehrkorn
10-13-2017, 09:23 AM
I was hoping that was the answer, thanks for confirming Joe.

5:00
10-13-2017, 02:27 PM
So many people say to replace them every season. I did that a couple of times but I look at the "old" ones and they still look and feel like new. I just remove them, place in a zip-lock bag and keep inside. This will be season three next summer and I am not worried about them.
Even if it shredded there is nothing for it to clog. I carry a spare on the boat just in case but I doubt I will ever need it.

MJHSupra
10-13-2017, 09:42 PM
So many people say to replace them every season. I did that a couple of times but I look at the "old" ones and they still look and feel like new. I just remove them, place in a zip-lock bag and keep inside. This will be season three next summer and I am not worried about them.
Even if it shredded there is nothing for it to clog. I carry a spare on the boat just in case but I doubt I will ever need it.I do the same each winter, but do not carry a spare.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

The General
10-14-2017, 12:10 PM
17 Pro with 76 hours and I have to change out one impeller for next season. It seams to fill/drain about 3 minutes slower than its counterpart. I'd prefer to swap it out and get the bags filled faster.