PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl / Upholstery

Rorymulderrig
10-12-2017, 06:46 AM
Can anyone help, I’m having the interior re-upholstered this winter I have a guy lined up to do the work but I’m supplying the material does anyone know the brand Moomba use for the newer boats or can recommend a manufacturer as I like the textured material rather than the leather look that’s in the picture below I want to recreate something similar but in Blue for my Mobius V. Moving away from the original design won’t affect the re-sale value in the UK so I’d rather have something I like whilst I save for a newer boat.

DaveM
10-12-2017, 08:17 AM
I ordered new seat skins from my dealer for my 2013 LSV. I was told Skiers Choice keeps the replacements for boat models up to 7 years. Mine matched perfectly, but not cheap.

Rorymulderrig
10-12-2017, 09:52 AM
Unfortunately my boat is older than that

parrothd
10-12-2017, 11:01 AM
Unfortunately my boat is older than that

It's called spradling, you can't find it, but you can order by the yard directly from moomba. Send them an email and they'll give you the part numbers for colors you want. The vinyl is foam backed, but expensive, very nice stuff.

I've used this as well, very high quality, not foamed backed, get the sample card. American spirit nagahyde

https://www.decorativefabricsdirect.com/Naugahyde_Vinyl_s/371.htm

zabooda
10-12-2017, 11:29 AM
There is better quality vinyl than what Moomba uses and does you upholsterer have any recommendations from their experience? I replaced most of my vinyl years ago with just the gunwale remaining and going to top quality is the only way to go. Big difference in looks and feel especially durability and looks years later.

bergermaister
10-12-2017, 06:25 PM
There is better quality vinyl than what Moomba uses and does you upholsterer have any recommendations from their experience? I replaced most of my vinyl years ago with just the gunwale remaining and going to top quality is the only way to go. Big difference in looks and feel especially durability and looks years later.

Agreed. Don't skimp here. I went to the upholstery shop and let them show me the options. Came back to them with our ideas. Kind of met in the middle on design but went with the best vinyl and foam they had and don't regret it one bit.

trayson
10-12-2017, 08:35 PM
Agreed. Don't skimp here. I went to the upholstery shop and let them show me the options. Came back to them with our ideas. Kind of met in the middle on design but went with the best vinyl and foam they had and don't regret it one bit.

who did you use and what was the price?

bergermaister
10-13-2017, 12:36 AM
Bentleys and total bill was around $5500 if I recall.

However I pulled all the pieces and brought them in and we made some serious modifications. Custom patterns and inlays. Converted the rear deck from 1-piece to 3-piece. Front playpen from 2-piece to 3-piece. All new foam in the seats and rear deck. Etc.

I figured I could always upgrade stereo gear or ballast later and piecemeal that if needed but mediocre interior would be a regret if not done right.

You looking to do a refresh?

supra790
10-13-2017, 02:30 AM
It's called spradling, you can't find it, but you can order by the yard directly from moomba. Send them an email and they'll give you the part numbers for colors you want. The vinyl is foam backed, but expensive, very nice stuff.

I've used this as well, very high quality, not foamed backed, get the sample card. American spirit nagahyde

https://www.decorativefabricsdirect.com/Naugahyde_Vinyl_s/371.htm
Spradling brand vinyl is very easy to find. I use it all the time. It's much cheaper than buying it from skiers choice.

2016 Supra SG 450

Rorymulderrig
10-13-2017, 06:14 AM
Thanks for that I'll have a look and try skiers choice

parrothd
10-13-2017, 03:09 PM
Spradling brand vinyl is very easy to find. I use it all the time. It's much cheaper than buying it from skiers choice.

2016 Supra SG 450

I could never find the foam backed stuff.

supra790
10-13-2017, 03:11 PM
I could never find the foam backed stuff.
Most good upholsters just buy discounted headliner and glue it to the back. You can get headliner for about $3.95 a yard when you buy a 10 yards role.

2016 Supra SG 450

parrothd
10-13-2017, 04:18 PM
Most good upholsters just buy discounted headliner and glue it to the back. You can get headliner for about $3.95 a yard when you buy a 10 yards role.

2016 Supra SG 450

For a dyier like me it's easier to buy it.. ��