PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a moomba!

stx.dead.I
10-11-2017, 08:23 PM
I'm about to be in the market for a new boat and moomba is nice for the bang! We are going from an 03 mobius lsv. There is normally 4 or 5 on the boat at a time but can be more. We like to wakeboard and surf.

50k ish budget we want surf tab system

What are y'alls recommendations and why?!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kaneboats
10-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Almost every boat in the Moomba lineup will feel bigger than the 2003 LSV. That model got bigger in 2006. The Mojo, Mondo, Craz and Max are bigger. The Helix will feel bigger too even though I think it's the same length. I'd suggest visiting your closest dealer and checking them out. One will certainly jump out at you. And, yes, the value is there. Good luck! Be sure to post pics of your new Moomba!

KnoxMojo
10-12-2017, 04:13 PM
50kish? If you can bump up your budget just a few thousand, you could probably get into a brand new leftover Mondo or Helix with a full warranty. That's bang for the buck.

TrueKaotik
10-12-2017, 05:51 PM
For surf tabs and that price you may find some 15-16's.

c h r i s
10-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Conversely, if your ok with used and the pre-raptor engine, you could save +$10k and get a pre-2015 model and add tabs (either OEM or after market) for $3-4K. With all the new models coming out I’d bet you could stretch $40k pretty far on someone’s lightly used moomba.

stx.dead.I
10-13-2017, 08:12 AM
Conversely, if your ok with used and the pre-raptor engine, you could save +$10k and get a pre-2015 model and add tabs (either OEM or after market) for $3-4K. With all the new models coming out I’d bet you could stretch $40k pretty far on someone’s lightly used moomba.I read the hulls on the pre 15 mojos are leave to be desired is this true?

c h r i s
10-13-2017, 09:39 AM
I read the hulls on the pre 15 mojos are leave to be desired is this true?

I can’t answer that. My surfs very well and boards just fine for my tastes, but I’m not a serious wakeboarder throwing verts. I’ve also never been behind the newer hull, so ignorance is bliss. Just another thing to consider if your working a budget.

MJHSupra
10-13-2017, 11:36 AM
I read the hulls on the pre 15 mojos are leave to be desired is this true?

Maybe someone can chime in about the hulls and if those changed over the last 5 years.

The surf systems have are evolving over the last few years.

As for ballast, add more. Even on the new boats, same adage: "no replacement for displacement".

Are you into verts and spins in boarding? Catching air for surfing?
If not (as with most boaters and families), the SC boats all will do fine. Some are better that others.

I would climb around them and you will know what 'fits' for your desired interior space.