PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Moomba MAX first surf day!

TheBabyBadger
10-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Hey guys!

As promised... SURF PICS! BUT... left my camera at home so the preview/teaser will have to do. Notice Kyle (of CMS) is actually toward the rear of the wake and being pushed NO PROBLEM... with ballast at 80% the surf wake is about 3.5-4ft easily when in the sweet spot. I'll put more pics and some vids up tonight. Wife and I are IN LOVE!

TheBabyBadger
10-10-2017, 12:05 AM
Okay... it's our first time surfing so it's not glamorous, but we got up! I even got the rope into the boat! Still perfecting the wake but as you can see it's flat out massive. Even wake boarding behind this thing is ominous! More to come! Time to get a wetsuit and keep practicing!

The wife on her first tug! Note the adorable screen on her way down!

https://youtu.be/WNk60VaOkpU

TheBabyBadger
10-10-2017, 12:05 AM
Me looking like a squid but able to drop the rope first time out!

https://youtu.be/GW-tHtCkYzY

TheBabyBadger
10-10-2017, 12:29 AM
Bear with me... I need to learn to edit videos! LOL. The end is a pretty good run. This was LITERALLY my first time getting up!

https://youtu.be/goEnIGVMq_Y

stevemarich
10-10-2017, 12:32 AM
Looking good , throw some more weight in the bad boy,

KnoxMojo
10-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Your wife may need her own board, she may do better on something fit to her. Looking great! Enjoy the fire out of it!!!!

Broke Pilot
10-11-2017, 09:56 AM
Nicely done sir! Good lookin wave back there! Get some weight and slam that sucker...

Isaguel
10-11-2017, 06:58 PM
Nice wave. Agree with the wetsuits. We were surfing out last weekend in 60 degree water with wetsuits, and hope to get out next weekend.

Getssum96
10-16-2017, 06:00 PM
Rode one of these beasties at the Polar Bear event this weekend with Kyle. Amazing wave, think they had about 1200 lbs over stock in it. If you ever need a third let me know, I'm local!

muehlcj
10-19-2017, 05:31 PM
Rode one of these beasties at the Polar Bear event this weekend with Kyle. Amazing wave, think they had about 1200 lbs over stock in it. If you ever need a third let me know, I'm local!

How was the PB?

Getssum96
10-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Polar Bear was awesome as usual, only downsides we had was that the first day was pretty windy in the morning, and of course fairly cold. Was awesome to ride 6 (7 for me actually) boats in 48 hours. Tons and tons of boards to try out, some that I probably never would have seen other wise (blusurf) being one of them. Each boat, even the Nautique 230 Crossover) had a fun wave to surf. It's hard to form real lasting impressions with just 15 minutes of ride time between each boat, but if any of them showed up in my driveway, I wouldn't turn it away. The MAX wave was really something, with a very long transition from the transom to the top of the wave. Amazing boat for the money. The SE550 was very fun as well. Loved some of the features of the newer boats, the rear view cameras sound gimmicky but they are nice to use in practice. Both of the Centurion offerings were solid waves as well.

dakota4ce
10-20-2017, 05:56 PM
^^^SEs when done properly are no joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muehlcj
10-20-2017, 07:41 PM
Polar Bear was awesome as usual, only downsides we had was that the first day was pretty windy in the morning, and of course fairly cold. Was awesome to ride 6 (7 for me actually) boats in 48 hours. Tons and tons of boards to try out, some that I probably never would have seen other wise (blusurf) being one of them. Each boat, even the Nautique 230 Crossover) had a fun wave to surf. It's hard to form real lasting impressions with just 15 minutes of ride time between each boat, but if any of them showed up in my driveway, I wouldn't turn it away. The MAX wave was really something, with a very long transition from the transom to the top of the wave. Amazing boat for the money. The SE550 was very fun as well. Loved some of the features of the newer boats, the rear view cameras sound gimmicky but they are nice to use in practice. Both of the Centurion offerings were solid waves as well.

Sounds killer. Board impressions?