PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on 2018 Centurion Fi23

Prospersigman
10-06-2017, 08:49 AM
I know this is the Moomba/Supra forum, but I have a buddy that is going to trade in his 2016 Cobalt 220s for a surf boat. He really wants a G23, but the wifey is not cool spending that much coin with 3 kids. For some reason he doesn't want to do a Supra and I think it is because I have one so he has narrowed it down to 2017 Malibu LSV and the newly redesigned 2018 Centurion Fi23.

Anybody surfed the new Fi23, owned any of the above boats or know someone who does?

jmvotto
10-06-2017, 09:27 AM
I think you have to list the centurion a bit to get a decent wave until you get to the ri 257 or 237 , Bu is a great option too as well as a supra SE or SA

shockthis
10-06-2017, 10:23 AM
I have a friend with a ri237 and you have to really like tweaking things a lot. If you have 3 people vs 8 people you have to run different settings, if someone changes sides you need to change your settings again. Being a very deep v it is very sensitive to weight movement. When my wife drove it was very confusing for her to have to change cats, asymetrical wings, and wake plate . It is also massive feels like you are driving a ship. I would go Supra Sl ( that is the route we went) or a supra SA.

sivs1
10-06-2017, 12:15 PM
being Ashley Kidd you would expect she's got the newest of the Centurions, its listed in the video

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fsw ngproductions%2Fvideos%2F745816655610810%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

evoimport6
10-12-2017, 06:05 PM
I surfed behind one. Wave was huge and the price was huge as well. fully loaded around 120. Well optioned around 100k. So still very expensive..

sandm
10-12-2017, 08:43 PM
fit/finish will be superior in the 'bu.
betting the wave will be better in the centurion but will require lots of tweaking and most of us would never rise to the level that a pro wake would be needed.

that said if it was my coin I'd pop for the centurion as tweaking would be fun as the driver....

all my .02 :)

dusty2221
10-12-2017, 09:14 PM
Or, the SA I posted for sale ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Broke Pilot
10-12-2017, 09:47 PM
I went and looked at the Fi and Ri up on lewisville while I was at recurrent. I was seriously not impressed with fit and finish. Rough fiberglass edges everywhere, ( I drew blood reaching into the dog house) carpet falling down, screws and hardware down in the bilge. Plus, the boat I went to look at, the stereo was busted, and batts were dead, took 3 boats to find 1 that worked.
Being built out in Cali, they have so many restrictions on glues and bonding agents due to the EPA, I just don't see it lasting a long time.
They want a pretty premium price that I just don't see. Since correct craft took over the prices skyrocketed. Go figure... the Fi is almost the same price as the Ri once it's optioned out. And what sucks is the Fi is a more usable boat. Single screen, extra storage etc. centurion should have just left the Enzo boats in the line up. The Fi/Ri are just too closely matched to make a decision for me.
I'm still kind of looking at a Ri217 up there, but they can't touch the deal I'm getting on this SA down here.

bluemobius
10-12-2017, 10:11 PM
I looked at these as well. All are nice boats, but the G23 is sooo much better. I bought a used G for under the price of the Bu, Centurion, or Supra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gravity
10-12-2017, 11:23 PM
Check out Centurion crew. There is quite a few guys that have made the switch from all the other brands and would never go back. As far as comparing a ri to any moomba its not a fair fight. But you dont need the most expensive boat to have a great time on the water.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk