PDA

View Full Version : New Moomba Owner - 2018 Moomba Max in Northern CA

TheBabyBadger
09-26-2017, 08:28 PM
Well... I never thought I'd buy a brand new boat... but after sinking stupid hours and money into my first boat (1993 Hydrodyne Comp 20) up to my 2004 Tige which blew a trans... it was time to bring home something shiny with a warranty and all the gadgets. To my knowledge this is the first MAX in CA. It's HUGE, it's FAST, it throws a silly wake. I'm in love. Hope everyone is doing well... Hope to see many of you out on the water (we already put break in hours on it)!

deerfield
09-26-2017, 09:05 PM
BabyBadger - Congratulations on the Max! Nice looking boat. Hoping you get many hours of enjoyment on the water. Also, welcome to the Forum. Make it part of your day. Where do you boat in Northern California? - Deerfield

DFTR Josh
09-26-2017, 11:08 PM
Congrats on the Max, I've walked through one and man I'm in love. Hope you guys wakeboard and you share some shots of it.

zabooda
09-26-2017, 11:51 PM
Congrats. These guys on this site are thirsty for the surf wake pics.

Mobius22
09-27-2017, 08:01 AM
That's a sick Max! Congrats!

bluesurf
09-27-2017, 09:34 AM
That color is awesome and it's amazing how deep that boat is. I thought our Helix was deep. Congrats.

stevemarich
09-27-2017, 09:54 AM
Sweet looking Max , congrats and welcome to the forum

RC_Hinojosa
09-27-2017, 10:26 AM
Congrats on the new MAX, welcome to the SC family!

TheBabyBadger
09-27-2017, 11:11 AM
BabyBadger - Congratulations on the Max! Nice looking boat. Hoping you get many hours of enjoyment on the water. Also, welcome to the Forum. Make it part of your day. Where do you boat in Northern California? - Deerfield

Thanks! We usually go to Lake Berryessa (30 minutes away), or Folsom. We avoid the rivers. We LOVE to camp at Stonyford/Ladoga, too! If you any of you are ever up there you will most definitely bump into us!

Everyone else who replied:

Wow! Thanks for all the warms welcomes! This must be the first forum people aren't verbally beating each other up. We just passed break in and are picking up (new) boards and such this week... so I will DEFINITELY post some pics once we get back out. We are tied up this weekend, but next weekend we will definitely be back out (I think... so long as the wife hasn't planned things, lol). The storage is INSANE on the boat. I'll float more pics as they become available.

trayson
09-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Congrats. These guys on this site are thirsty for the surf wake pics.

^^^^^ This and then some. LOL

Mobius22
09-27-2017, 01:00 PM
If you haven't joined the Moomba and Supra owner's forum on facebook, that's another great group. I'm sure there's a lot of people on there that would love to see your Max as well!

kaneboats
09-27-2017, 02:00 PM
Congrats on the new MAX! Love your colors. Welcome aboard!

Broke Pilot
09-27-2017, 05:33 PM
Great lookin boat... hurry up and go ride it to help my decision! Lmao

Isaguel
09-27-2017, 07:02 PM
Great looking boat. Enjoy. Cant wait to see surfwake pics. Cant wait to see guys load the rears with 1500#bags on each side. That deep hull should throw an enormous wake.:cool:

TheBabyBadger
09-27-2017, 07:21 PM
Great looking boat. Enjoy. Cant wait to see surfwake pics. Cant wait to see guys load the rears with 1500#bags on each side. That deep hull should throw an enormous wake.:cool:

Looks like that will be happening next Saturday! Not sure what each rear bag weights but the total ballast is 3000#. Insane. Unsure how much of that is front ballast. I'm new to owning the nice boat, used to being behind one! Hahahaha

TheBabyBadger
09-27-2017, 07:22 PM
If you haven't joined the Moomba and Supra owner's forum on facebook, that's another great group. I'm sure there's a lot of people on there that would love to see your Max as well!

Unfortunately no social media for me. Too much time and drama for my liking! I'll post here soon!

mattsask
09-27-2017, 10:24 PM
I agree with Isaguel's comment about some 1500# enzos in the rear. I think you'll quickly find that you'll want more than 3k worth of ballast. That thing is so huge you could run 5k and still have tons of freeboard to spare! That being said, the guys around here are REALLY good at helping you spend your money on upgrades! Haha! Welcome to the forum, the guys around here are great.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

KG's Supra24
09-27-2017, 10:27 PM
Congrats on the new Max! I dig the colors and it should be way less headache than the previous boats.

Broke Pilot
09-27-2017, 11:26 PM
Does your max have the 6 pump ballast system? That's something the Rinkers guys brought up the other day, gonna be hard to put bigger bags in because they won't have enough fill ports?

mattsask
09-28-2017, 03:38 AM
Does your max have the 6 pump ballast system? That's something the Rinkers guys brought up the other day, gonna be hard to put bigger bags in because they won't have enough fill ports?Those enzos have at least 6 ports on them. Shouldn't be a problem.

derekhtv
09-28-2017, 05:34 AM
Congrats on the Max! I put my deposit on a new build last week so I don't get to enjoy mine till next spring man.

patrick232
09-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Congrats on the new Max. Love the color combo same as our SR

BrettLee3232
09-29-2017, 11:18 AM
Mi gustà [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaguel
09-30-2017, 08:54 AM
Those enzos have at least 6 ports on them. Shouldn't be a problem.

I'm moving up to Enzo's next spring. I think the Craz and '15 mojo rear lockers are pretty similar in size and shape. Do your Enzo really fill fully? I mean all the way. The limb that extends under the seats, is the space there enough to fill? My 1100 lb fat sacks do not fill all the way now due to shape/size of the rear locker

mattsask
09-30-2017, 09:06 AM
I'm moving up to Enzo's next spring. I think the Craz and '15 mojo rear lockers are pretty similar in size and shape. Do your Enzo really fill fully? I mean all the way. The limb that extends under the seats, is the space there enough to fill? My 1100 lb fat sacks do not fill all the way now due to shape/size of the rear lockerMy enzos do appear to fit almost perfectly. If anything the legs may be an inch too wide for the portion under the seat, but it hasn't caused any issues popping seats up. My heater is mounted on port side and prevents that bag from extending all the way. I built a wooden cover and sprayed that with box liner to cover the heater, then folded the last foot of the bag underneath itself. I have the dual battery setup on that side, which seems to counter the fact that there is a bit less water there. The rear compartments do fit amazing though. The bags made an incredible difference over the 1100's I had before, which seemed to only fill about 900# according to my rough calculations.

flynnva
09-30-2017, 11:33 AM
Very nice Max, love the color! From what I've seen of the max at a boat show, it's a well laid out boat, very clean looking and definitely huge!

myketizzle707
10-07-2017, 11:32 PM
Ha! Was eyeing this same boat at CMS! Congrats on the new toy. Post some vid if you can too. C ya on the water.

TheBabyBadger
10-09-2017, 02:12 PM
Ha! Was eyeing this same boat at CMS! Congrats on the new toy. Post some vid if you can too. C ya on the water.

Yeah we got pretty protective of it once we started hashing numbers... Here's a teaser... the wake is MONSTROUS and still fine tuning it. it's about 3.5-4ft high with ballasts 80% full. Plus... this is the first time I've surfed. I'm LOVING IT! VIDS tonight on the other post under surfing... (oh and that's not me, that's Kyle of CMS)