PDA

View Full Version : Boat Speaker Advice needed.

flienlow
09-25-2017, 12:53 PM
Forgive me, I am not an audiophile.

My boat came with the most basic system from the factory and I would like to upgrade during the winter.

Here is what (I think) I want:

(I plan to keep the Stock Moomba Fusion Stereo head-)

1. Replace existing 4- in Hull Speakers.
2. Add 4 new Tower Speakers.
3. Add 2- 10" subs
4. Amps and batteries to power it all.

Suggestions on what to get for all?

Thanks!

KG's Supra24
09-25-2017, 01:27 PM
Budget? Towers usually dont come cheap. Goal of nearfield or wakeboard distance?

Any reason to favor 2 10" subs opposed to a single 12" or bigger?

1 and 2 are easy enough with budget parameters. I'd assume the answer to #2 will provide the answer to #1 or else I'd stay factory, imo.

3 gets a little more technical and usually requires a box build. Are you doing this or paying a shop to do?

4 is driven by the answers to 1 through 3.

My suggestion? Easy ... Wetsounds.

MLA
09-25-2017, 02:07 PM
1) plenty of quality build and good sounding marine built speakers out there with varying sound signature, grill designs and price points. Wet Sounds Revo and SX/SW-65i series, JL MX650, Kicker KM654LCW and Rockford MP262.

2) Is the reason for 4, looks? Id stick with an 8" or 10", regardless. Too many good options there, to go with a smaller 6.5". Plenty of options like the Wet Sounds Rev-10 or 8, Icon-8, JL 8.8, Kicker KM8, depending in goals. With the right setup, only a single pair might get the job done and come in less expensive then 4 pair of smaller speakers.

3) Not at opposed to two 10's if they can be done effectively. I would also consider a single 12" in a ported enclosure as an option.

4) once the final speaker options are decided, amp choices fall in line. Battery setup will be steered by use. As a minimum, id suggest a dual bank setup with at least one group 29/31 size deep cycle.

kaneboats
09-25-2017, 02:14 PM
Exile Audio has some hot deals going right now. You can always call them and talk to Brian about setup and ideas if you need advice. Great folks to work with.

http://exileaudio.com/store/hot-deals.html

flienlow
09-25-2017, 02:17 PM
1) plenty of quality build and good sounding marine built speakers out there with varying sound signature, grill designs and price points. Wet Sounds Revo and SX/SW-65i series, JL MX650, Kicker KM654LCW and Rockford MP262.

2) Is the reason for 4, looks? Id stick with an 8" or 10", regardless. Too many good options there, to go with a smaller 6.5". Plenty of options like the Wet Sounds Rev-10 or 8, Icon-8, JL 8.8, Kicker KM8, depending in goals. With the right setup, only a single pair might get the job done and come in less expensive then 4 pair of smaller speakers.

3) Not at opposed to two 10's if they can be done effectively. I would also consider a single 12" in a ported enclosure as an option.

4) once the final speaker options are decided, amp choices fall in line. Battery setup will be steered by use. As a minimum, id suggest a dual bank setup with at least one group 29/31 size deep cycle.

I am loosely trying to mimic my neighbors setup. he has 4- rockford fosgate tower speakers, 2-JL 10" Subs, and I am not sure about his other speakers or amps, but will find out. His system is pretty intense. And I think the oldies on the lake are not a fan of it. :)
The last boat I had, I dumped a bunch of money into the system, and was never happy with it. It had a 12" sub, and 4 tower speakers. For some reason ( probably me) it never performed well. I thought I would post this to see other recipes. I imagine a budget of about 5k or so?

MLA
09-25-2017, 03:01 PM
I am loosely trying to mimic my neighbors setup. he has 4- rockford fosgate tower speakers, 2-JL 10" Subs, and I am not sure about his other speakers or amps, but will find out. His system is pretty intense. And I think the oldies on the lake are not a fan of it. :)
The last boat I had, I dumped a bunch of money into the system, and was never happy with it. It had a 12" sub, and 4 tower speakers. For some reason ( probably me) it never performed well. I thought I would post this to see other recipes. I imagine a budget of about 5k or so?

We can spend hours dissecting your old system to figure out why it did not perform well. To not end up in the same boat, I suggest working with a credible retailer installer to design the system based on your goals. Some one that has experience with a variety of marine products. Even the most premium products can under perform if the application and execution are flawed. They can also assist through the installation and tuning after the sale, if you are going DIY.

Clearly define your goals. Build the system that meets these goals, rather then design a system that fits a dollar amount. Then see where the price comes in at. You are better off increasing the budget and doing the build in two stages, then scaling back the design to come in at budget. Slimming down can easily put you back where you were with the previous boat. Good money spent, but not happy.

David Analog
09-26-2017, 01:40 PM
So you have good advice from KG and MLA, two guys that really know their way around marine audio. I'll only add this. No concrete reason to go either with one 12-inch sub or two 10-inch subs. Both options can get the job done. However, your previous experience and dissatisfaction with a 12-inch sub should not deter you from using a 12-inch sub again. There are countless potential reasons why your 12-inch sub under-performed, but I can assure you that none of them are related to the subwoofer size. I'm going to recommend a 12-inch sub if the required cabinet size fits your boat. And the cabinet size and fit is where you should begin. That will determine a) the enclosure loaded method, and b) the subwoofer size. Just a few measurements and a good audio dealer will make quick work of providing the better option.

KnoxMojo
09-27-2017, 08:40 PM
Kaneboats had some good advice as well with the Exile deals going on right now. The Xm9 is great and that javelin amp is awesome for a 5 channel. As always, you can't go wrong with Westsounds, but all Exile with a 2 year warranty isn't bad either. Make sure to get a proper install and tune or you won't be happy with anything. Best of luck, post up when you get it figured out.

MLA
09-27-2017, 09:30 PM
From an exile amp manual:

LIMITED WARRANTY
Exile warrants this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of one year from date of original purchase when
purchased from an Authorized Exile Dealer. If the product is labeled B Stock/Refurbished and purchased from an Authorized Exile Dealer, it is warranted for 90
days from date of purchase, regardless of place of installation. Should service be necessary under this warranty for any reason due to manufacturing defect
or malfunction during the warranty period, Exile will replace or repair (at its discretion) the defective merchandise with equivalent merchandise at no charge.
Warranty replacements on B-Stock merchandise may have cosmetic scratches and blemishes. Discontinued products may be replaced with more current
equivalent products. This warranty is valid only for the original purchaser and is not extended to owners of the product subsequent to the original purchaser. Any
applicable implied warranties are limited in duration to a period of the express warranty as provided herein beginning with the date of the original purchase at
retail, and no warranties, whether express or implied, shall apply to this product thereafter. Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties, therefore
these exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights; however you may have other rights that vary from state to state. This
warranty is only valid within the USA, for warranties outside of the USA consult the appropriate international distributor

From a Wet Sounds amp manual:

LIMITED WARRANTY 17
Length and limits of Warranty
Wet Sounds warrants this product to be free of defects in material or workmanship
for (2) years from the date of purchase. Wet Sounds warranty applies exclusively
to the original purchaser, not transferable and the amplifier must be purchased
from an Authorized Wet Sounds Retailer within the United States. All products
purchased outside of the United States are covered by the Authorized Distributor
or OEM supplier. Any and all warranties not to exclude merchantability or fitness
are limited in the duration to 2 years. This warranty

Kicker marine amp:

ELECTRONICS LIMITED WARRANTY
When purchased from an Authorized KICKER Dealer, KICKER warrants this product to be free from defects in material
and workmanship under normal use for a period of TWO (2) YEARS from date of original purchase with receipt

JL M series marine amps:

U.S.A. Warranty Information - Marine Amplifiers and Electronics

JL Audio Marine Amplifiers and Electronics are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for Two (2) Years from purchase date. JL Audio will, at its discretion, repair or replace any products that exhibit defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period.

KG's Supra24
09-27-2017, 10:05 PM
https://i.imgur.com/dtx2imO.gif

KG's Supra24
09-27-2017, 10:18 PM
When you first asked ... I pulled up the WS website to see what approach I might start with .....

1. Leave in boat speakers as is
2. Do a pair of Rev10s off a dx4
3. 12" Wetsounds (for matching purposes) or JL w6
4. dx6 to power the in boats and sub.

With a 5k budget, that leaves room for box building and tuning from a reputable local shop. (assuming you are doing the rest yourself)

There are many other considerations (future plans, upgrades, downgrades, etc) that may affect amp choices but that is a place to start conversation. It is also a very solid stereo system.

A factory dual battery setup would likely be adequate.

KG's Supra24
09-27-2017, 10:49 PM
Or you could just as easily go all Kicker if you keep in boats and wanted all matching. I was just using WS as example .... well and because there isn't a better tower speaker solution.

KnoxMojo
09-28-2017, 01:02 AM
From the Exile site...plainly states that it's a 2 year warranty when pairing amps with speakers....

http://exileaudio.com/store/index.php/customer-service

MLA
09-28-2017, 01:20 AM
For those that cannot read the image:

Electronics - 1 Year
This warranty may be extended to 2 years when installed with Exile speaker products.
Speakers - 1 Year
This warranty may be extended to 2 years when installed with Exile amplifier products.

This means you have to buy a "promo-package" of speakers and amp, in order to get the 2 years.

Wet Sounds offers a single component 2 yr warranty so no restrictions on what brand speaker and amp combos you want to pair up. 2 years also on the Wet Sounds EQ's.

Kicker's 2 year amp warranty also makes no stipulations of speaker brands paired with amp. 2 years, no matter what brand.

smorris7
09-28-2017, 07:31 AM
You will have NO problem with the Exile warranty even beyond the stated 2 year mark. They are all about customer service. Both companies are great from a customer service standpoint. Don't let that be the reason you go one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrueKaotik
09-28-2017, 08:23 AM
5 k in just equipment or with install?
If it was my boat and you want middle of the road product.

First I would add bow speakers and swap interiors with the WS Revo or JL M series. Add a JL W3 or Revo12 in a ported enclosure for increased output.
Run a pair of the best tower speakers on the market, the Rev10's. You can do 4 if you want.
For amplifiers I would run a SYNDX4 to tower and a SynDX6 to woofer and inboats.
If you have the group24 dual battery set up, it can work but your play at rest time is garbage or very short with only one group 24. You can upgrade to group 27 or 31 to start with unless you want to rock out at the sand bar/party cove for hours on end.

jmvotto
09-28-2017, 08:52 AM
I agree here, exile has taken good care of me beyond 2 yrs

MLA
09-28-2017, 09:12 AM
No one has made any reference to any warranty issue. However, in two threads, the exile warranty was touted as being a selling point over another brand's. In reality, I think any reasonable person can see for themselves, which brand has the better warranty. Wet Sounds offers two years on their products. Each individual product, regardless of what amp brand the speakers are powered with, or what speakers an amp drives. No one is required to purchase a package, to get the same 2 year warranty.

Have an amp and want to upgrade the tower speakers = covered 2 years
Want to upgrade the in-boat wattage and get an amp = covered 2 years
Want to install an XXXv2 but go with a Kicker KX2400.1 = woofer gets a 2 year warranty.

Poison
09-28-2017, 09:35 AM
From an outside perspective (I am not an Exile or Wetsounds fanboy) it seems like Exile has more problems relative to the market share. There used to be a thread every week that touted their excellent customer service...which is great. But the frequency of those posts always made me wonder why so many people have problems with them. It may be a non-issue but that's just the vibe I get as a non-expert and casual reader of the audio forum. Exile folks are certainly very brand loyal so that also speaks well of the product to look at it from another angle.

KnoxMojo
09-28-2017, 10:16 AM
You do not have to buy a high dollar promo package to get a 2 year warranty with Exile, but you do have to buy an amp and speakers. For what it's worth, I bought used xm9's, one of them had a blown horn. I called the guys at Exile, they helped me trouble shoot it and and even got a new horn out to me that I installed myself. I also don't sell stereo components for a living. But seems everytime this is brought up, the Exile bashing starts, even though I've given real world advice without a bunch of technical jargon and even continually say that you can't go wrong with any of the major players in the wake boat stereo game.

MLA
09-28-2017, 10:35 AM
You do not have to buy a high dollar promo package to get a 2 year warranty with Exile, but you do have to buy an amp and speakers.

Where was "high dollar" used? Promo Package is Exile's verbiage, not mine. Im simply posting what you are referring to.

For what it's worth, I bought used xm9's, one of them had a blown horn. I called the guys at Exile, they helped me trouble shoot it and and even got a new horn out to me

In the context of a company's written warranty period, this means nothing. Glad you got taken care of, but in the context of YOUR promotion of exile's warranty, it means nothing. Im sure there are countless examples of many companies going above and beyond their expressed terms, in the name of customer service. This was not your original point, so dont make it your point now, now that its been shown that exile does not have the better warranty as you intended.

But seems everytime this is brought up, the Exile bashing starts,

Ive made nothing but factual comparisons. If you feel its "bashing" exile, thats your issue, not mine. Remember, you brought up the 2 year warranty. Ive simply pointed out one manufacturer offers 2 years on each component and the other requires purchasing additional components called "promo packages".

Feel free to challenge my facts, or do you want to continue down the "bashing" road and comment about what ones does for a living?

KG's Supra24
09-28-2017, 10:40 AM
From over here on this side .... it seems fact checking is too often misconstrued as bashing.

Both are good products but they are not the same.

.... and OP is missing

jmvotto
09-28-2017, 10:46 AM
You will have NO problem with the Exile warranty even beyond the stated 2 year mark. They are all about customer service. Both companies are great from a customer service standpoint. Don't let that be the reason you go one way or the other.

Shane how does your boat not explode with the combo of the two:o

KnoxMojo
09-28-2017, 10:52 AM
Mla, you never did tell us which model of Supra/Moomba you own. And yes, you guide people towards only the brands you sell, I'm sure if you sold Exile, you would promote them. The promo package with Exile is high dollar, so I don't see your issue with that expression. You called me out on saying there isn't a 2 year warranty, when in fact there is. And yes, their customer service is second to none. Good day, I have a lift to move and a Mojo to go ride behind. KG, if you read my early comments, there was nothing to fact check, Mla has his facts wrong about the Exile warranty, so I replied with fact.

sivs1
09-28-2017, 11:01 AM
I like the Polk system that came with my SA. It sounds great and was already professionally installed by someone other than me!

MLA
09-28-2017, 12:46 PM
Mla, you never did tell us which model of Supra/Moomba you own

Since it looks like you still want to go down this path of personal biz, ill humor you. Explain why this is relevant, and ill tell you what boat I currently own.

And yes, you guide people towards only the brands you sell

From your perspective, sure. I wont argue with this. However, in the last two active audio threads, ive suggested both JL and Rockford, neither of which I am a direct dealer for. I suggest products that I believe in. Take that how ever you want.

I'm sure if you sold Exile, you would promote them.

Sure, until 80% of the tower speakers failed in only two seasons, leaving you no choice but to upgrading customers to Wet Sounds at your expense. At that point, it would be smart business to move away from the line.

The promo package with Exile is high dollar,

Their promo package is nothing more then individual products paired together. They actually offer a small discount compared to a la carte. Still not seeing the "high dollar" part of it.

You called me out on saying there isn't a 2 year warranty Mla has his facts wrong about the Exile warranty,

Ive copied and pasted the actual exile print. One year on individual, two yr if you buy a package. None of my facts are incorrect. I went direct to a product owners manual, because thats what a consumer gets when they purchase a product. A statement on a website can be edited at any time, without notice to a consumer. At that point, your two year package warranty just disappeared.

KnoxMojo
09-28-2017, 01:01 PM
Why is it relevant? If you can honestly say that you aren't on a Moomba owners forum to promote yourself and your brands, I'll leave it alone, but I doubt you can. Saying Exile tower speakers break in 2 years is very unprofessional and anecdotal at best. That's called fear mongering. You don't have to buy a promo package to get the 2 year warranty, just a combination of speaker and amp, could be cabin speakers even. To me, $3500 speaker and amp packages are high dollar, guess you see it otherwise. I have stated numerous times on these same threads that you can't go wrong with RF, Polk, WS, Kicker; but you always leave Exile out and fight against whomever brings them up just about every time as being an inferior brand.

smorris7
09-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Shane how does your boat not explode with the combo of the two:o

They work very well together! Like peas and carrots.[emoji23]

MLA
09-28-2017, 01:27 PM
@knoxmojo, Ironically, Brian and I have owned the same Moombas and Supras. :-P

smorris7
09-28-2017, 01:28 PM
They work very well together! Like peas and carrots.[emoji23]

For those interested, I run 6 XM9's on my tower, Wetsounds interiors all powered off of Exile amps. I also use the Wetsounds eq.

Again, both companies are great! Customer service is fantastic at either.

By the way I have been running my XM9's for 4 seasons HARD! 150 to 200 hrs per season. Still running strong! And, guess what, if one goes down, I have no doubt Brian would take care of it...

KnoxMojo
09-28-2017, 01:36 PM
You say have owned, as in past tense...it's all good, you be you, I'll be me....

Smorris, I was about to do the same thing with the WS cabins until Brian offered me 3 sets for $345, couldn't say no...I bet your system pounds! I love getting on my friends all WS boat, it's so loud and clear, BTW, he says the same thing about mine. Keep jamming!

KG's Supra24
09-28-2017, 02:25 PM
Smorris, I was about to do the same thing with the WS cabins until Brian offered me 3 sets for $345, couldn't say no...

I think this is the crux of a lot of the conversation/confrontation. It is also similar to the convo Trayson and Drew were having about discount off MSRP .... and value vs perceived value ....

When shopping online, the Exile in boats and WS are very similar MSRP, likely leading you to believe they are similar speakers. Once offered a 35%+ discount, your perception is that you are 35%+ better off than had you gone with WS. At a glance, similar product, cheaper price. IMO, that perceived value creates the strong brand loyalty that seems to turn defensive on the forum. I'm not saying that is good, bad, or otherwise ....

As I mentioned earlier, they are not the same product. Premium product commands a premium price. There is certainly room for both in the market since end consumers have different wants/needs.

jmvotto
09-28-2017, 02:54 PM
I think this is the crux of a lot of the conversation/confrontation. It is also similar to the convo Trayson and Drew were having about discount off MSRP .... and value vs perceived value ....

When shopping online, the Exile in boats and WS are very similar MSRP, likely leading you to believe they are similar speakers. Once offered a 35%+ discount, your perception is that you are 35%+ better off than had you gone with WS. At a glance, similar product, cheaper price. IMO, that perceived value creates the strong brand loyalty that seems to turn defensive on the forum. I'm not saying that is good, bad, or otherwise ....

As I mentioned earlier, they are not the same product. Premium product commands a premium price. There is certainly room for both in the market since end consumers have different wants/needs.

KG nailed it Supra vs Moomba Malibu Vs Axis etc....

jmvotto
09-28-2017, 02:58 PM
For those interested, I run 6 XM9's on my tower, Wetsounds interiors all powered off of Exile amps. I also use the Wetsounds eq.

Again, both companies are great! Customer service is fantastic at either.

By the way I have been running my XM9's for 4 seasons HARD! 150 to 200 hrs per season. Still running strong! And, guess what, if one goes down, I have no doubt Brian would take care of it...

I cant imagine 6 9's on the tower , I have 4 on mine since the beginning 2012 and they have been great . ( I think I was the first one here with the 4 pod setup with the 9s)

MLA
09-28-2017, 03:37 PM
I cant imagine 6 9's on the tower

Six 8" would be very similar to four 10" or a pair of Rev-410, both of the later being very common setups. With that said, six compression drivers would have a peak volume advantage over four, but the compromise is mid-bass and balance. Cost is another consideration. Two pair of speakers can be powered by most any 2 chnl amp where as three pair require two 2 chnl or one stout six chnl. The two pair of 10" and single 2 chnl amp will come in much cheaper then 3 pair of 8" and amps.

smorris7
09-28-2017, 03:43 PM
Six 8" would be very similar to four 10" or a pair of Rev-410, both of the later being very common setups. With that said, six compression drivers would have a peak volume advantage over four, but the compromise is mid-bass and balance. Cost is another consideration. Two pair of speakers can be powered by most any 2 chnl amp where as three pair require two 2 chnl or one stout six chnl. The two pair of 10" and single 2 chnl amp will come in much cheaper then 3 pair of 8" and amps.

6 10's would be even better! 6 is the new 4.

smorris7
09-28-2017, 03:50 PM
I cant imagine 6 9's on the tower , I have 4 on mine since the beginning 2012 and they have been great . ( I think I was the first one here with the 4 pod setup with the 9s)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170928/50208100dece8e2fa67e086d8e0ecb3a.jpg

MLA
09-28-2017, 03:50 PM
6 10's would be even better! 6 is the new 4.

Nah, im waiting on the rev-418 dropping this spring.

smorris7
09-28-2017, 04:08 PM
Nah, im waiting on the rev-418 dropping this spring.

lol I wouldn't be able to walk under those!

philwsailz
09-28-2017, 04:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

Phil
Kicker

MLA
09-28-2017, 04:30 PM
"Today's number, is 11" :wink:

TrueKaotik
09-29-2017, 09:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

Phil
Kicker
Now that's pretty funny right there Phil...:D

Pound
09-29-2017, 12:07 PM
I don't suppose the new Klipsch Marine audio systems coming on new MasterCrafts are commercially available yet huh? Has anyone auditioned these speakers yet?

For $5k budget you should be able to BEAT your neighbor's system, not just match it. Tons of very knowledgeable folks on this forum. (who also tend to get passionate about their preferred choices ;-)

MLA
09-29-2017, 01:31 PM
Regarding the klipsch/mastercraft audio deal. My understanding is that this is a 5 year deal to start. Im betting that we will not see any klipsch marine on retails shelves before this initial deal. Word is, exclusiveness was the driving factor in the MC/JL divorce.

David Analog
09-30-2017, 10:54 AM
A note to the OP. I would ignore the brand banter and pricing, instead spend your focus on the best audio application as applied to your personal boat and objectives. You'll end up with a better performing system that way.

beat taco
09-30-2017, 07:00 PM
Premium. Wish I was dealing with Brian on this. I wouldn't be out 2 rev 10's.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170930/a852e4dbb56ddcac167db8139b0e3cb3.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170930/9599e50c060539c5832252b84992cc69.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KnoxMojo
09-30-2017, 07:52 PM
Oh crud...blown horn or diaphragm? Hopefully they can get you fixed up.

beat taco
09-30-2017, 11:18 PM
One horn, two woofers, some prongs tore up. That's what happens when you see the Exile boat on the river.....

MLA
10-01-2017, 09:53 AM
Hopefully they can get you fixed up.

Its not a complicated process.

Start by contacting your selling dealer. Hopefully its a local dealer/installer. They can walk you through diagnosing the issues. If they did the install, or even not, they might invite you to bring the boat or speaker(s) by and inspect/test for you. The selling dealer will have your sales date and other info, and can be your point man on getting the required replacement parts direct form wet sounds. Unlikely you or the dealer would have to send the entire pod in, just a couple days wait for the replacement parts, whether its covered under warranty or not. All of the components are available as replacement parts. Mid-bass, compression driver, cross over and even the horn flare. No need to have a new or refurb'd pod sent after shipping yours in, just order whats needed to fix it. Even a bent terminal is easily repaired or serviced.

beat taco
10-01-2017, 02:31 PM
Yup only $550 in parts. Yay. My dealer couldn't take a speaker apart so I was on my own.

KnoxMojo
10-01-2017, 03:22 PM
Man, for a few more $$$, you could get the XM9 on sale right now, better yet, get 2 pair! Its no REV10, but they stand behind their product. I'd contact WS corporate, that price seems way high. Since there are WS dealers on here, maybe they'll step up and help you out.

MLA
10-01-2017, 03:33 PM
but they (exile) stand behind their product.

Thats an assumption that this is a warrantable failure and implying that Wet Sounds does not. Not covering out of warranty, is NOT, not standing behind a product. Also need to consider the public statement of the user.

On sale as in used/refurbs? Id spend less and stick with the larger speaker any day of the week.

Theres plenty of resources out there for a Wet Sounds customer to pursue if they choose. As states, starting with your selling dealer is the best first option, but not the only.

KnoxMojo
10-01-2017, 03:46 PM
He stated his dealer was no help other than selling parts and they didn't even know how to take the speaker apart. Exile stands behind their products in warranty or even if you buy something used not from them. On sale, used/demo/refurb, still comes with a full warranty.

MLA
10-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Knox, do you even comprehend the amount of info not being shared here in this scenario? You are drawing conclusions and making implications based on a single sided story. If Beat is not satisfied with his selling dealer's response, he needs to, if he chooses, to reach out to Wet Sounds, the dealer area sales rep or another dealer.

KnoxMojo
10-01-2017, 04:00 PM
I understand that a lot of "dealers" work out of their garage and may or may not be technologically inclined. How do I know this? I have friends that are dealers. For one, I have never put down WS as you do Exile...2, it seems he has gone through the proper steps and has come up with $550 in parts needed to fix his speakers.

MLA
10-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Knox, your posts are making less and less sense as this thread goes on.

KnoxMojo
10-01-2017, 05:00 PM
Nah, you are just choosing to not see them for what they are.
Do you even own a boat? Saying you "have owned" what Brian has tells me you don't.
Taco stated his dealer didn't know how to take the speaker apart, you recommended he contact his dealer, do you even read the posts or just pick and choose what you feel like? Like I said, you be you, I'll be me. You don't like my posts or replies, don't respond. You never offer advice or participate anywhere else on this forum.

MLA
10-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Do you even own a boat?

On my 4th one since 1995.

You never offer advice or participate anywhere else on this forum.

Feel free to fact check your own presumption.

Taco stated his dealer didn't know how to take the speaker apart, you recommended he contact his dealer, do you even read the posts

I do and ive noticed that they are sequentially numbered so you know who posted what, prior to other posts. Feel free to double check whoe posted what, in what order.

KnoxMojo
10-01-2017, 07:24 PM
So you don't own a moomba or supra, roger that. I did look through the posts, I told him I hoped they get him fixed up, you even had issue with that. He had already said he contacted his dealer, then you came behind and said the same thing. Why don't you step up and help him, not just offer some advice on who to call and telling him parts are available, I'm sure he fully knows that. Didn't see you respond to working and selling out of garages, oh, because that's a fact. How many forums are you on doing this same thing? I'd say all of them if I was guessing.

MLA
10-01-2017, 07:53 PM
@knox,

I saved you the time of fact checking your own statements. Here are a few threads, not posts, threads, ive contributed to in the past couple months. Im sure my sales pitches are glaring in every one.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?30310-steering-wheel-alignment
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?30287-Do-dealer-test-drives-damage-new-engines
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?30227-Scan-tool
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?30177-Adding-Perko-which-size-battery-wiring
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?30168-Check-valves
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?30162-Best-Connectors-for-LED-Wires
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?30158-UniversalFit-ballast-bags-form-Wakemakers
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?30061-Where-to-buy-push-button-circuit-breakers-that-fit-2011-OV
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?30006-Turn-RGB-lights-to-white-only
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?29956-Battery-not-charging-2008-lsv
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?29966-dual-axle-trailer-tongue-height
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?29932-Kicker-700-5-Going-in-to-Protect-Mode-No-sound-from-cabin-speakers
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?29933-Sub-not-working
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?29934-So-Enzo-s-aren-t-the-biggest-bag
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?29786-Battery-Connection
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?29842-Distance-between-thru-hulls

Lol, accused of being here only to sell my wares, then questioned why I have not solicited a sale from Beat Taco? if Beat wants or needs further assistance, he will reach out to whom ever he feels he wants to reach out to either here in this thread or directly. His best actions are a local dealer, which isnt me, The manufacturer, which isnt me, or an authorized internet dealer that can trans-ship Wet Sounds product, again thats no me.

Feel free to stop by my little garage and see for yourself. A few of your fellow moomba/supra owners have. Im not going to post any pics, names or links, but anyone else following along can certainly do a quick search and find out how presumptive you are. This journey down the road of personal attacks is not going well for you. All this flap over a copied and pasted amp owners manual.

KnoxMojo
10-01-2017, 08:38 PM
Not going well with personal attacks? I didn't realize that I attacked you by talking about dealers working out of a garage, must have hit a nerve there. I also never said to sale taco anything, the phrase I used was help him. Again, that's on you. You quoted a manual that you must have laying around from your days as an Exile vendor, dismissing the fact that they do offer a 2 year warranty that you know full well they do, very irresponsible. Noticed you didn't challenge my statement about not owning a skiers choice boat and you being on all the forums doing this same thing. So yeah, when you purposely put down one brand that's brought up as an option as being inferior, and try to call me out on my facts, then I guess the head strong former Marine in me comes out. Sorry you feel attacked

Poison
10-01-2017, 09:03 PM
Today I learned Exiles come with a two year warranty and an inferiority complex.

KG's Supra24
10-01-2017, 09:35 PM
*Only when speakers and amp are paired together. Keep up.

Poison
10-01-2017, 09:38 PM
*Only when speakers and amp are paired together. Keep up.

Well played. I actually almost choked on my bourbon.:o

KnoxMojo
10-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Hahaha, kg, that's great...poison, you still drinking away that LSU loss to Troy? Rammer....

Poison
10-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Hahaha, kg, that's great...poison, you still drinking away that LSU loss to Troy? Rammer....

LSU...gross.

I'm a Kentucky grad. The military forced Louisiana on me.

KnoxMojo
10-01-2017, 09:47 PM
I was pulling for Kentucky to beat Florida, hopefully they beat UT..and thanks for your service

MLA
10-01-2017, 10:06 PM
I also never said to sale taco anything, the phrase I used was help him

What help do you feel i need to extend, above whats already here? He has the pods apart, knows what components he needs and has been quoted a price. Whats left other then placing the order with a local, internet dealer or direct with Wet Sounds? You are presuming quite a bit there. If he doesnt like the help or price he has gotten, im sure he can see that there are other avenues he can take. None of which are me. If he has questions, he can post up a thread or PM me. If Beat feels these components should be warrantied, that a call for the manufacturer to make.

You quoted a manual that you must have laying around

Right off their site, page 12 http://www.exileaudio.com/store/downloads/xm-amp-manual.pdf see for yourself.

dismissing the fact that they do offer a 2 year warranty that you know full well they do,

Never dismissed it, just clarified the facts. As you pointed out, its 2 yrs when you purchase more equipment. Manual states clearly 1 year for a component. Wet Sounds offers 2 years on EACH component.

Noticed you didn't challenge my statement about not owning a skiers choice boat

Whats to challenge? I dont own one. In your haste to discredit me over boat ownership, you failed to get the irony in my original reply. This line of questioning about boat ownership is not new, believe me! You are far from the first that has tried it.

Again, im not going to post info about my business here. In a couple of Google clicks, you and anyone else can find where a business resides and even get a Google earth and street view. Why dont you save face and do that, then put this crap to bed.

beat taco
10-01-2017, 10:13 PM
Woofers are $200 each and HCLD's are $100 each plus a connector and shipping actually north of $550 directly from Wetsounds. Shop is a legitimate dealer with multiple retail locations that all have installation bays.
Live and learn no big deal, what does suck (in hindsight) is that Exile is located 15 minutes away from my house and Brian is a great guy to deal with.

KnoxMojo
10-01-2017, 10:20 PM
Mla, save face? You have to be kidding... You finally admitted that you don't own a boat that has to do with this forum. Thank you.

Taco, best of luck, your revs are awesome, hopefully you get them repaired before next season.

beat taco
10-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Well without them I'll get by with only 4. Lol.

KnoxMojo
10-01-2017, 10:32 PM
Nice! I bet it pounds...may need to adjust those amps, lol

beat taco
10-01-2017, 10:57 PM
That's what I don't get, I've run the same setup for so long and never had any issues. I even finished out the year on another pair and never touched the amp. I built the same setup in two different boats, same conservative settings on the same model amps, and this is the first issue I've ever had. Besides hearing loss lol.

MLA
10-01-2017, 11:15 PM
So you are running 6 and 2 blew? Are they paired on the same amp chnl or powered by the same amp? Your issue is likely upstream and may not be the fault of the speakers themselves.

KnoxMojo
10-01-2017, 11:27 PM
I couldn't imagine 4, much less 6...my wife gives me death stare as it is, lol.