PDA

View Full Version : Inverts

KnoxMojo
09-22-2017, 06:43 PM
At the ripe young age of 40 I am finally trying to land an invert. Starting out with a Tantrum and almost got it all the way around today!!! Anyone else start wakeboarding later in life and trying new things? I have been riding since I was 31, had a couple seasons off due to surgery (not from wakeboarding) and just now really wanting to land the base inverts. Keep ripping! Remember, our boats throw great wakes for boarding as well!!

Stazi
09-22-2017, 07:46 PM
I'm 42 and have been working on my back roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catman
09-22-2017, 09:25 PM
46 just started to clear the wake. But not always successful

stevemarich
09-22-2017, 09:40 PM
36 , started wakeboarding 3 seasons ago , although don't really get to board alot , seem to surf more , and I hold out for days that it's glass ,been trying to get enough practice and balls to try a back roll, not there yet,seems by the end of the season I finally get comfortable going wake to wake but come beginning of season it's like starting all over again. Definitely happy with the Wake the craz puts out , still messing with figuring out what I like , but definitely a nice wake

shockthis
09-25-2017, 10:44 AM
Started wakeboarding when I was 37, now 43 been working on a back roll , was thinking of trying a tantrum instead. Just rode with some 48-49 year olds that were pulling huge tantrums, back rolls and raleys and 540's the one guy started at 37.

shockthis
09-25-2017, 10:47 AM
36 , started wakeboarding 3 seasons ago , although don't really get to board alot , seem to surf more , and I hold out for days that it's glass ,been trying to get enough practice and balls to try a back roll, not there yet,seems by the end of the season I finally get comfortable going wake to wake but come beginning of season it's like starting all over again. Definitely happy with the Wake the craz puts out , still messing with figuring out what I like , but definitely a nice wake

Hey I live in Christina Lake which is a couple of hours from you, we are always going out a couple of old guys feel free to join us sometime. Unfortunately just traded the boat in on a SL so done riding until spring , but I usually start inApril

stevemarich
09-25-2017, 12:51 PM
Hey I live in Christina Lake which is a couple of hours from you, we are always going out a couple of old guys feel free to join us sometime. Unfortunately just traded the boat in on a SL so done riding until spring , but I usually start inApril

Thanks for the invite, haven't gotten my passport yet but will try and work on it this winter, congrats on the new SL, would love to get a set behind it, might just have to take you up on that , was hoping to make it out one more time this year, but with not knowing when I have to leave town again, ended up pulling bags and getting ready for winter this weekend and start getting ready for hunting season.

JASONZ
09-27-2017, 10:49 AM
I think the easiest invert to TRY is TS frontroll because you always land on your butt. The missed landings are easy on your body.
After you get used to the pop and are getting decent air time go for the scarecrow and you will be able to land it. I think it's the easiest one to stick because you can land it poorly and butt it out.

c h r i s
09-27-2017, 11:14 PM
What are some good teaching resources for beginners? Any particular YouTube vids or channels one should key in on to shorten their learning curve?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KG's Supra24
09-27-2017, 11:56 PM
"The Book" ... I think you can find bits and pieces of it on youtube.

Stazi
09-28-2017, 06:33 AM
Learn Wake is good too

JASONZ
09-28-2017, 08:16 AM
I bought an ap called WakeTips for just a couple dollars. It has videos, sequence shots, and instructions for every trick. It's a great ap.

KnoxMojo
09-28-2017, 11:36 AM
The quickest way to progress costs some money, but get a small group together and hire an instructor for the day. You'll learn more in a day, than weeks watching videos. They'll also make sure that the basics you think you have down are correct and set you up for future success.

New Guy
10-26-2017, 02:36 PM
Glad to see guys still riding here. I nailed a TS backroll on the first attempt the other day.

JASONZ
10-26-2017, 02:45 PM
NICE new guy! I need to get that one. I have trouble starting the rotation and get stuck upside down and dive in.

KnoxMojo
10-27-2017, 12:55 PM
Awesome New Guy!!! I am getting close to the tantrum, can actually spot the landing now and land on the board, just need a bit more and ride it out!! Have about 3 more weeks of riding before boat hibernation time. Keep on keeping on!!

New Guy
11-01-2017, 01:26 PM
This helped me get the feel of it down. I didn't slow the boat down though I just kind of went for it.

https://www.learnwake.com/one-handed-toeside-back-roll

Stazi
11-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Nice. I have to try that next season!

shockthis
11-12-2017, 11:29 AM
Went and to Florida and had lesson at Orlando watersports complex and I learned a toe side back roll, the first attempt I got stuck up side down(was looking down instead of back) by the forth try I actually landed on my feet. Those guys are great if in Florida go for the lesson plus you get a cable pass to use after.

OHSupra
01-26-2018, 11:30 AM
"I think the easiest invert to TRY is TS frontroll because you always land on your butt. The missed landings are easy on your body.
After you get used to the pop and are getting decent air time go for the scarecrow and you will be able to land it. I think it's the easiest one to stick because you can land it poorly and butt it out."

I assume you are clearing toe side w2w first? Never thought of doing TS invert first... but like the idea of easier landings when practicing.
I love this thread.... I started 2 years ago at age 35 and am ADDICTED... i literally have been dreaming of wakeboarding for the last month.... I still have 2-3 months left until its warm enough here..... Going to Freedom Wake with Tarah and Cobe Mikacich with my daughter in March,
I am hoping to get an invert this year, maybe a 360,

Keep this thread alive with us "old" guys

Also if you are on facebook check this page out....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/297177050757185/

I feel like one or two of you may already be on the page.

shockthis
02-02-2018, 11:13 AM
I know I can't wait until spring, I got to get on the bike to keep my knees strong before boarding season.
I will have to try the ts front roll, I know the ts back roll was more forgiving that the hs, he did say that you need to be able to jump w2w toe side first, which I can.

Seems like most of the wake boarders on our lake are 30 or older. I went with a group of guys that where late 40's and one was 50 and they where doing huge inverts.

OHSupra
02-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Seems like most of the wake boarders on our lake are 30 or older. I went with a group of guys that where late 40's and one was 50 and they where doing huge inverts.

Cool to hear, want to start working on my trampoline inverts soon!!, freaking cold out though!

DFTR Josh
02-04-2018, 03:03 PM
I know I can't wait until spring, I got to get on the bike to keep my knees strong before boarding season.
I will have to try the ts front roll, I know the ts back roll was more forgiving that the hs, he did say that you need to be able to jump w2w toe side first, which I can.

Back when I tried a TS front and found out how bad you can hit the boys. I suggest a good pair of compression/slap/biking shorts to help the under rotation slap.

KnoxMojo
02-04-2018, 03:27 PM
I'll stick with trying the Tantrum first. I can get around, just haven't been able to land solid and ride it out. Are you guys getting help with these tricks are just going out and "sending" it?

DFTR Josh
02-05-2018, 11:15 AM
I'll stick with trying the Tantrum first. I can get around, just haven't been able to land solid and ride it out. Are you guys getting help with these tricks are just going out and "sending" it?
I self taught a Tantrum, HS backroll, and TS backroll with many of falls. I will suggest to take them all one wake and land in the middle first then start sending it.

shockthis
02-07-2018, 12:03 PM
I take the occasional lesson or will watch "the book" by Shawn Murray and then go and try it.

For the boys issue , I now wear a boxer/brief type of speedos to keep everything in.

KnoxMojo
02-13-2018, 02:27 PM
The Book is really good, Detention is another one. Just ordered some new bindings off blemboard.com and a cga vest. I had been wearing a comp, but if I am going to try to spin and invert more in my advanced age, I better have a jacket that floats me. Emailed the owner, use code blemboard at checkout for an extra 10% off right now.

New Guy
02-15-2018, 03:08 PM
That is one things I did as well is buy a new vest with better rib protection, I love this vest! https://www.ronixwake.com/Product/2018-kinetik-impact/

MJHSupra
02-15-2018, 07:17 PM
That is one things I did as well is buy a new vest with better rib protection, I love this vest! https://www.ronixwake.com/Product/2018-kinetik-impact/

I looked at that vest before, I was surprised it was not CGA b/c it looked thick.

New Guy
02-15-2018, 07:39 PM
I know really wanted to get a cga but man it is awesome!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk