PDA

View Full Version : What drone to buy?

russellsmojo
09-17-2017, 07:51 PM
I will be picking one in next couple of days. What do you have?
What's best bang for the buck?
What do you love or hate about yours?
Not that I have a baller budget but if I did what would you suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rorymulderrig
09-18-2017, 04:16 AM
Hate the Airdog it takes forever to get GPS, when it does it wont pass the pre-flight checks by the time this is sorted theres less than 10 minutes flying time and you cant land it on a boat.

Love Mavic Pro

5:00
09-18-2017, 09:15 AM
DJI Mavic. Close thread.

Not sure what your budget is though.

It isn't on the cheap side at about $1,000 with everything but it is highly portable, takes very good stabilized shots, follow mode, 4k video, practically flies itself, auto landing, 20+ minute flight time. highly programmable and a blast to fly. It has a ton of other features as well.

At around $500 you have the DJI Spark as well.

Stay away from the Go Pro Karma. It has had many many problems.

russellsmojo
09-18-2017, 09:29 AM
Thanks for tip on go pro. They seem to be in every store here.

Would the spark keep up with boat at 22mph?

Dji phantom looks to be in the middle with features and cost. Thoughts?

09-18-2017, 12:00 PM
Phantom 4 is a great drone. It has a better camera than the Mavic and it a good proven design. It is not highly portable but it is a great choice and you would get great results.

Trayson has a Spark and has been using it quite a bit. It goes about 30 MPH and a flight time of about 15 minutes. Personally I would get the fly more combo which is $700. The important thing there is that it includes a remote rather than flying with Wi-Fi. You will be flying in close range but Wi-Fi from your phone only goes so far. That is how they keep the price so low though. I think there is less chance of interference with the remote than Wi-Fi. The stronger signal is also harder to be interfered with. Maybe that's just me.

trayson
09-18-2017, 12:16 PM
We've been out on the boat with the DJI Phantom 4 a few times, and the Spark a few times. And I know enough about the Mavic to comment on it even though we haven't had it out on the boat yet.

The P4 is a solid performer. It's fast, has lots of battery life and I'd imagine they're selling them for pretty cheap now. The P4 is fast and takes amazing video. We've used it surfing, slalom skiing @ 30 and Wakeboarding at 21.5.

The Mavic is badass. pretty damn portable and has upgraded tech and just an all around winner. Decent battery life, plenty fast. If you can afford it, it's really a great choice because there's not a ton of drawbacks beyond price (around $1200 to $1300 for the flymore package).

I own the DJI Spark. We've used it surfing, but haven't tried it wakeboarding. It's noticeably slower than the mavic. It is spec'd at a 16 minute battery life, but don't plan on getting more than like 12. It's TINY. Like you have to see it to appreciate it tiny. I really like how everything fits in a small carry bag. (the bag is like 8x6x3.5" it's super compact and I fit the spark, 2 batteries, a 12v charger, a couple cables, the RC controller and the spark itself into the bag easily).

The spark actually has a 4k sensor but outputs video in only up to 1080p for image stabilization. That said, the video that comes from the spark is badass. I got my spark in August with the flymore package for $680 shipped on Amazon, though I saw a sale recently for $600. They sell the barebones spark for around $500, but you don't get the remote control and have to fly it via wifi on your phone. NO THANKS!

The spark has some fun "quickshot" modes where you can highlight a subject and have it do a pan away, circle, helix, or rocket shot of the subject. Great for a little 10 second FB or IG video.

Bottom line, the spark is for someone like me that's not too serious, and wanted to get into a fun drone for the lower end of the budget. it has extreme portability, but certainly some compromises on speed and battery life. Sure, I wouldn't mind the mavic, but I just didn't have that kind of budget. The P4 would be fine I guess from a utilitarian standpoint if you want the flight performance and don't care much about portability and could get a good deal on one. but if the prices are at all similar, I'd take the mavic all day, every day for it's size/portability. The P4 basically needs it's own backpack.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y_qNwfFHPS4/WSYBWIPfl6I/AAAAAAAAR8c/geo97FvdR2gjwkR-BFuZBEMhCk3U-v1CgCLcB/s1600/DJI%2BSpark%2Bsize.jpg

Here's a video of my buddy flying the drone for me. It was his first time with the Spark, but he's a really good pilot on the P4 and Mavic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQcJV5vrO-I

trayson
09-18-2017, 12:19 PM
Here's a "quickshot" video from my spark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwT6dUN61rQ

trayson
09-18-2017, 12:32 PM
Quickshot video from Saturday. DJI Spark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NejnHjH0hW8

trayson
09-18-2017, 12:34 PM
Me taking DJI Spark video the first day I had it at a car event... This is just recording as a flew. Very smooth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esOHNIqJAXs

trayson
09-18-2017, 01:25 PM
Would the spark keep up with boat at 22mph?

So I asked my buddy that flew my spark for me surfing about the wakeboarding speeds:

His reply was as follows:

on a perfect day with no wind, it should do 30. but most people report 20-22mph. I honestly wouldn't do it. That's straight forward too, no turns and such.

It'd probably be fine for one pass, but that'd be it on battery life. I'm still fine with my Spark purchase. As I'd have to have someone good enough as a pilot to fly when I wakeboard anyway. And the only people I know that are good enough pilots have their own drones anyway.

09-18-2017, 01:29 PM
That Spark is crazy small next to the Mavic! Looks like it does some good low light. The Mavic just got Quickshot in its last FW upgrade, finally. I end up shooting most of my stuff in 1080P anyway. I don't have an editing machine that can do 4K and it looks good either way.

trayson
09-18-2017, 01:35 PM
That Spark is crazy small next to the Mavic! Looks like it does some good low light. The Mavic just got Quickshot in its last FW upgrade, finally. I end up shooting most of my stuff in 1080P anyway. I don't have an editing machine that can do 4K and it looks good either way.

I really like the quick shots. It's basically a few cool fun shots that those of us that are still learning as pilots would want to do anyway.

And yeah, it's crazy small and light. To the point where you'd really take it on a day hike or other adventures.

09-18-2017, 01:51 PM
Your friend is probably right about the speed thing in wind Trason. They can all have a bit of trouble in the wind. You can fly pretty comfortably in 15 MPH winds on the Mavic but a head wind will slow it for sure. At that point you have to be in Sport mode which will take it up to about 40 MPH (no wind) which may be needed for wake boarding. It is a pretty quick little machine.

Mgigs7
09-18-2017, 05:50 PM
Do these all have follow mode? Can you get it to take off and follow the surfer, without anyone really flying it and the have it land back on the boat?

trayson
09-18-2017, 06:03 PM
One thing I've found (and definitely with the Spark) is that they don't have a dynamic "home" point. so when the drone's done doing it's thing, it wants to return to where it took off from, which is NOT where the boat is anymore. of course you can update your home point, but it doesn't have a way to make home always the location of the moving remote. I might try later the whole follow me thing. haven't done that yet.

As far as "landing", I've never been quite brave enough to try to land on a boat that is typically rocking ever so slightly. and rarely is my rear sun deck ever level because if we're surfing we're listed to a decent degree. Plus the spark doesn't have much for "landing gear". just some little nubs. I've stopped flying with my prop guards to get greater control and efficiency. When I am done with my spark, I bring it in to the back of the boat, get it to hover in front of me, and reach up and grab it by the body and quickly tilt it sideways which immediately kills the engines. So far so good with that approach on about 8 flights over water. Just make sure you don't get too low on battery because you want that reserve capacity if things go wrong...

09-18-2017, 06:08 PM
One thing I've found (and definitely with the Spark) is that they don't have a dynamic "home" point. so when the drone's done doing it's thing, it wants to return to where it took off from, which is NOT where the boat is anymore. of course you can update your home point, but it doesn't have a way to make home always the location of the moving remote. I might try later the whole follow me thing. haven't done that yet.

That is one of two features they JUST added to the Mavic firmware and I wouldn't be surprised if it is on the Spark as well now. This new update will update the home point where the controller is currently and constantly. That is huge when flying from a boat. You can update the home point from the screen manually at any time also but auto is the way to go. I haven't tried it yet.

09-18-2017, 06:12 PM
Do these all have follow mode? Can you get it to take off and follow the surfer, without anyone really flying it and the have it land back on the boat?

YES! They do have a follow mode. You can tap on a subject on the screen and it will fill in a green box letting you know you have the subject locked. From there it will lazily follow the subject and you won't get a lot of change of view. It is a hands off flight mode. You can also lock on a subject and fly it as well. That way you get a lock with the camera and you can fly anywhere you want. That is the way to do it if you want a change of scenery.
It works pretty well if you don't try to get the shot in too closely.
Either way make sure you are flying with your hands on the sticks in case something happens.
As far as landing on the boat see what Trayson wrote. I wouldn't recommend it. Even on a good day the boat moves too much. There are plenty of vids of failed attempted landings on moving objects.

trayson
09-18-2017, 06:37 PM
That is of to two features they JUST added to the Mavic firmware and I wouldn't be surprised if it is on the Spark as well now. This new update will update the home point where the controller is currently and constantly. That is huge when flying from a boat. You can manually update the home point from the screen manually at any time also but auto is the way to go. I haven't tried it yet.

That's awesome. I'm gonna go check for firmware updates tonight! HAHA. That said, it's rain and wind all during this week. LAME. so no boating for me.

I do know that the mavic controller is more advanced than the spark. it has inherent GPS and an LCD screen. so we'll see what I'm actually able to do.

russellsmojo
09-18-2017, 06:55 PM
Landing on a boat seemed like it would be easy since they have auto landing features?

Any kind of flotation creation for water just in case?

trayson
09-18-2017, 07:06 PM
Landing on a boat seemed like it would be easy since they have auto landing features?

Any kind of flotation creation for water just in case?

I am a newbie pilot for sure. but even the "experienced" pilots have never been comfortable trying to land on the boat. they always go in for manual control with someone catching it. I can just see a slight off camber sundeck getting sliced up vinyl from the props.

I've heard some people have made various floats. But everything impacts wind resistance and flight time/control. The DJI care refresh insurance does cover water damage, BUT I'd have to be able to recover the damaged drone. so if it sunk, I'd be sunk. :-(

Hence, risky flying over water. After a successful catch and end of flight session, I breathe a huge sigh of relief! No joke.

09-18-2017, 07:16 PM
I just saw they have the dynamic home point for the Spark now which is awesome. It uses the GPS in your phone or tablet for the GPS update so no problems.

09-18-2017, 07:28 PM
What Trayson said about landing. The problem is that the drone has no information about the boat's dynamics. When the Mavic takes off it gets a photo and video of the launch site which helps. The boat will be moving and add to that wind and it can get tough. It will hover a couple of feet above the target and figure itself out but things are changing along with its GPS position also. I have used auto land on the ground just to do it and I am amazed at how well it does. I have a two foot landing pad and it hits it every time. It uses ultra sound for altitude when landing along with the image matching. If something rises up under it quickly like a boat heaving it may gain altitude again.
There is some amazing technology in these things.

trayson
09-18-2017, 07:36 PM
I just saw they have the dynamic home point for the Spark now which is awesome. It uses the GPS in your phone or tablet for the GPS update so no problems.

Where can I see the details of these firmware updates? Where are you getting the info?

Do you think it's worth buying a landing pad for my spark?

russellsmojo
09-18-2017, 07:36 PM
It lands on a two foot circle. Wow. And it takes a picture to remember home. No joke. Amazing technology.

What about building a landing pad on our towers? There's a cool winter mod for someone!!

09-18-2017, 08:15 PM
Where can I see the details of these firmware updates? Where are you getting the info?

Do you think it's worth buying a landing pad for my spark?

I first saw something about it on a FB forum for the Mavic. For the Spark my app just updated and I saw it there in the changes part. A lot of the same upgrades will probably be available for both. There is also a good forum on the DJI site.

I got the landing pad for taking off in crass and dirt. The image recognition landing really nails it even in moderate wind. If a drone has visual landing assist it is good in grass, keeps dirt down and when you are in something that looks the same it gives it a target. Without it I find cracks or something that looks different than just pavement for example.

09-18-2017, 08:21 PM
What about building a landing pad on our towers? There's a cool winter mod for someone!!

I thought about putting a target on the bimini but the higher you are the more the effect of the boat moving. The bigger reason I found for not doing it is safety. Even if you had a flat platform that dron is above everyone's head. If it comes down and the rotors are spinning it could end badly. Most everyone is hand catching them. Really there is no truly safe way to recover on a boat. The Phantom has a nice "grab bar" in the form of its skids. Probably the safest one to hand catch.

trayson
09-19-2017, 02:31 AM
I thought about putting a target on the bimini but the higher you are the more the effect of the boat moving. The bigger reason I found for not doing it is safety. Even if you had a flat platform that dron is above everyone's head. If it comes down and the rotors are spinning it could end badly. Most everyone is hand catching them. Really there is no truly safe way to recover on a boat. The Phantom has a nice "grab bar" in the form of its skids. Probably the safest one to hand catch.

Agree completely.

trayson
09-19-2017, 02:33 AM
I first saw something about it on a FB forum for the Mavic. For the Spark my app just updated and I saw it there in the changes part. A lot of the same upgrades will probably be available for both. There is also a good forum on the DJI site.

I got the landing pad for taking off in crass and dirt. The image recognition landing really nails it even in moderate wind. If a drone has visual landing assist it is good in grass, keeps dirt down and when you are in something that looks the same it gives it a target. Without it I find cracks or something that looks different than just pavement for example.

When I launched in Grass, I just set the carry bag on its side on the ground and used that as my takeoff platform. LOL

09-19-2017, 09:35 AM
When I launched in Grass, I just set the carry bag on its side on the ground and used that as my takeoff platform. LOL

Whatever works. That's the problem with these squatty drones. When they are in the grass the props are cutting grass, the camera gimball is being pushed by the grass, dirt is getting stirred up closer to components. That is what's nice about the Phantom, it sits high above all that crap.

rdlangston13
09-18-2019, 10:18 AM
I will be picking one in next couple of days. What do you have?
What's best bang for the buck?
What do you love or hate about yours?
Not that I have a baller budget but if I did what would you suggest?

So what did you end up with?

I just picked up a Mavic 2 pro with the flymore kit and water proof pelican case. I was looking at the original mavic for cost purposes but my dad convinced me to go Mavic 2 pro due to the 1" sensor and omni directional avoidance sensors. It also has a slightly more aerodynamic design and long battery life. I got it two days before I had to go back to work so I only got a few flights in with it, none involving the boat. We did take my dads phantom 4 on our boat at canyon lake a few weeks ago and catching it was super easy with two people. I would think on the mavic/mavic 2 you would need to turn off VPS to catch it or else it would see your hand under it and climb. Looking forwards to next summer with.

trayson
09-18-2019, 11:38 AM
I upgraded from my spark to a mavic air. I can't say enough good things about the air. It has the 3 axis gimble, a hardwired connection between the controller and the phone (vs Wi-Fi on the spark), faster speed and better battery life. But it's still really small and compact and affordable.

All in the refurbished fly more (with 3 batteries) was $800.

And check out the size with my go pro 7 for reference. In that bag is everything (charging station, 3 batteries, drone, controller, extra cables and props).

As far as landing, I catch mine and quickly turn it sideways to cut the engines.

When I had the spark, there were a few things that I wished were better. The manic air addressed all of them and I am completely happy with no reason to "upgrade" any further. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190918/cbf19f60995a19c41297a83cf02a95dd.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190918/f5658fb348019252d9ddf63547d4a97b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190918/a555ea3c7957018261211fc7ad1c89c7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190918/86090e8b78c102a0ee50028542bf3bd7.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Plastron
05-05-2020, 08:44 AM
I also recommend DJI Mavic, they are the best drones at the moment. Though they are a bit expensive, it's totally worth it.

Nathan-James Perry
07-01-2020, 11:31 AM
How expensive are the DJI Mavic? How much do they cost?

amyacker
11-27-2020, 10:24 AM
Potensic D58 drone and transmitter were pretty easy to set up and get flying even though this was my first drone purchase. The only trouble I had was with the Potensic-GPS app. It would not load any maps or record video. The good news is I was able to solve both of these problems with a little effort. And you can customize this drone by custom ai drones (https://www.folio3.ai/ai-drones/) software

Isaguel
11-28-2020, 11:47 AM
I upgraded from my spark to a mavic air. I can't say enough good things about the air. It has the 3 axis gimble, a hardwired connection between the controller and the phone (vs Wi-Fi on the spark), faster speed and better battery life. But it's still really small and compact and affordable.

All in the refurbished fly more (with 3 batteries) was $800.

And check out the size with my go pro 7 for reference. In that bag is everything (charging station, 3 batteries, drone, controller, extra cables and props).

As far as landing, I catch mine and quickly turn it sideways to cut the engines.

When I had the spark, there were a few things that I wished were better. The manic air addressed all of them and I am completely happy with no reason to "upgrade" any further. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190918/cbf19f60995a19c41297a83cf02a95dd.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190918/f5658fb348019252d9ddf63547d4a97b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190918/a555ea3c7957018261211fc7ad1c89c7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190918/86090e8b78c102a0ee50028542bf3bd7.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

How comfortable do you feel with trying to land on boat?. I still have not taken my air to the lake because of concerns of it dropping over water. Did u purchase any floats?

DNIXD99
12-02-2020, 03:55 PM
How comfortable do you feel with trying to land on boat?. I still have not taken my air to the lake because of concerns of it dropping over water. Did u purchase any floats?

Id never land on the boat. I always catch mine. Best way to do it.

SONIC
12-02-2020, 05:53 PM
I catch my Mavic Pro as well but it's still unnerving as if it decides to return home it's going for a swim lol.
Also with the collision sensors on the mavic sometimes it tries to run away from you when it senses your hand under it which is also fun on a boat.

larry_arizona
12-12-2020, 06:13 PM
This drone looks perfect......

https://youtu.be/07rtBip9ixk

Isaguel
12-13-2020, 02:41 AM
This drone looks perfect......

https://youtu.be/07rtBip9ixk

At 1:06 of that video, is he actually trying to burn the power line?

larry_arizona
12-13-2020, 08:55 AM
At 1:06 of that video, is he actually trying to burn the power line?

Looks like it, but maybe showing maneuverability around obstacles?

It’s $1499 for the flamethrower attachment and you buy the DJI 600 or DJI 1000 separately.

sandm
12-13-2020, 11:16 AM
I'm not sure I understand why something like this would even be built and available to the public?
kinda reminds me of the old saying just because you can do something......

larry_arizona
12-13-2020, 11:27 AM
I think it’s intended for wasp hives.

But then again, why did Elon Musk make 20,000 flame throwers and completely sell out of them? Doesn’t really fit the Tesla demographic, ESPECIALLY in California.

And who bought them and why?

AlexNillson89
02-18-2021, 08:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mzwPoxKxEw
It's worth watching if you have not decided what to buy

ideosolutionsunoff
03-17-2021, 06:19 AM
Imo Mavic 2 pro is the best drone atm.

NicolaOgden
03-18-2021, 07:59 PM
I agree with you! Of all the things I've used Imo Mavic 2 pro is the best!

GeorgeFell07
05-09-2021, 03:15 PM
I personally use DJI Mavic Air 2 and I love it. I bought it for about $400 cause it was used.

HFarr
08-16-2021, 01:59 PM
I have had a mavic pro platinum for a few years now. No problems. In my opinion, a DJI product is the way to go. So easy to fly and NOT lose control of. I took this video of my wife pulling a couple of my daughters friends a couple of years ago. I flew the whole thing "free hand" from the porch on the house. BTW, It's illegal to fly the drone without being able to see it. I could see it from where I was sitting.

https://youtu.be/qieEyu0pcUU

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

HFarr
08-16-2021, 02:04 PM
LOL! I Just saw the flamethrower drone! I love it! only thing that would make that cooler is if it had a chainsaw attachment too! Put that straight in a James Bond Movie!

Holdmybeer
08-16-2021, 02:48 PM
Look up drone fishing.

You can sit on the beach or dock and use the drone to drop your line directly over the fish. They even have rigs that when the fish bite the line will detach from the drone rig and return home. Just reel it in and get ready for dinner.

2in2out
08-16-2021, 07:42 PM
I think it’s intended for wasp hives.

But then again, why did Elon Musk make 20,000 flame throwers and completely sell out of them? Doesn’t really fit the Tesla demographic, ESPECIALLY in California.

And who bought them and why?

I could see this used on prescribed burns or during firing operations on a wildland fire to mitigate the use of helicopter ignition operations. Helitorch ops have a high frequency of failure because of torch problems and pilot error in bringing fire outside of the planned boundary.

I will say that the fuel mixture seemed too hot and isn’t giving the best burn time. 70/30 (diesel/gas mix) is the hottest I like to use.

Making my new SA build come true!!!

2in2out
08-16-2021, 07:49 PM
Look up drone fishing.

You can sit on the beach or dock and use the drone to drop your line directly over the fish. They even have rigs that when the fish bite the line will detach from the drone rig and return home. Just reel it in and get ready for dinner.

Game wardens in Nevada already addressing that issue. Started off with guys using water balloons and water balloon launchers tied to lines. Then came the spud guns. Mayhem ensued, and potato’s started sprouting along shorelines.

There’s a video of a guy in San Diego who freezes his bait fish and hook in a cylinder of ice, launching them with an air cannon, out past the surf line. It’s interesting.

Making my new SA build come true!!!

HFarr
08-16-2021, 10:15 PM
I have seen some video of a guy that just formed a loose loop in his line and slipped it over a horizontal rod on his strut (it was a DJI Phantom) slightly elevated at one end. He flew his bait straight out from the beach for about 200+ yards then just tilted the drone back hard so it would slip off. Then just started reeling.

rdlangston13
08-17-2021, 11:00 AM
I have had a mavic pro platinum for a few years now. No problems. In my opinion, a DJI product is the way to go. So easy to fly and NOT lose control of. I took this video of my wife pulling a couple of my daughters friends a couple of years ago. I flew the whole thing "free hand" from the porch on the house. BTW, It's illegal to fly the drone without being able to see it. I could see it from where I was sitting.

https://youtu.be/qieEyu0pcUU

Hardest part about flying "free hand" is getting the direction changes to not be jerky.

HFarr
08-17-2021, 11:23 AM
Hardest part about flying "free hand" is getting the direction changes to not be jerky.I agree. There are settings in the advanced tab that allow you to adjust how sensitive the controls are, so you can soften it some. I have played with it a little, but ended up putting them back to stock setting. I don't use it enough to be an expert by any means. There are several functions I don't take advantage of that I probably should. Follow Me mode for example. Used it one time just playing, but have never used it since.

rdlangston13
08-18-2021, 08:42 AM
I agree. There are settings in the advanced tab that allow you to adjust how sensitive the controls are, so you can soften it some. I have played with it a little, but ended up putting them back to stock setting. I don't use it enough to be an expert by any means. There are several functions I don't take advantage of that I probably should. Follow Me mode for example. Used it one time just playing, but have never used it since.

Man I am the only one in my family who knows how to fly my MAVIC 2pro so every time i surf or wakeboard I am utilizing the follow me. I set it all up, jump in, get pulled, get out of the water, and land it back on the boat haha. Active track is wonderful thing!

HFarr
08-18-2021, 02:26 PM
Man I am the only one in my family who knows how to fly my MAVIC 2pro so every time i surf or wakeboard I am utilizing the follow me. I set it all up, jump in, get pulled, get out of the water, and land it back on the boat haha. Active track is wonderful thing!I may have to try that. I am the only one e who ever Flys mine too. Sounds like you have to get the timing just right though. Do you set your homepoint to follow the controller in case of an unforseen "return to home".

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
08-19-2021, 07:51 AM
I may have to try that. I am the only one e who ever Flys mine too. Sounds like you have to get the timing just right though. Do you set your homepoint to follow the controller in case of an unforseen "return to home".

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I've never been able to get that to work. I just set it to "Hover" in the event that it looses signal with the controller. I figure if signal drops out and it just stops and hovers then I can drive the boat to where it is and try to figure it out. Definitely don't want it ever trying to land itself while on the boat. And if it falls in the drink, oh well, it's insured.