PDA

View Full Version : Everything old is new again!

Pound
09-15-2017, 11:10 AM
Ok, not sure what possessed him to do it but my 17 y/o son just bought one of these.

https://www.offaxis.co.uk/product/hyperlite-2017-hyper-pro-retro-skurfer-wakeboard

Kinda can't wait to ride it. I was not on the wake scene when skurfers were popular. I grew up skiing, slalom, barefoot, etc. before wakeboarding was a thing, then was off the water until I bought my own boat in 2001. So i missed out on the whole skurfer scene.

To be fair to my son, he's all about retro stuff. He hardly listens to any music newer than about 1999 and he drives a pristine 1988 IROC-Z Camaro. (but no, he does not have a mullet).

yearround
09-15-2017, 11:15 AM
we have an original skurfer in the garage. we pull it out and ride it every few years, just for fun stuff. we also combo ski too. good for the kid to keep the old stuff alive. (have him try the mullet, i think chicks still dig it)

MJHSupra
09-15-2017, 03:31 PM
Ok, not sure what possessed him to do it but my 17 y/o son just bought one of these.

https://www.offaxis.co.uk/product/hyperlite-2017-hyper-pro-retro-skurfer-wakeboard

Kinda can't wait to ride it. I was not on the wake scene when skurfers were popular. I grew up skiing, slalom, barefoot, etc. before wakeboarding was a thing, then was off the water until I bought my own boat in 2001. So i missed out on the whole skurfer scene.

To be fair to my son, he's all about retro stuff. He hardly listens to any music newer than about 1999 and he drives a pristine 1988 IROC-Z Camaro. (but no, he does not have a mullet).

Also a pretty cool video and boat. I wish I still had my Skurfer. Rode those on the I/O.

Darter
09-18-2017, 01:48 PM
I still have my skurfer. I remember the demo video they had playing in the dealer showroom that got us psyched to get it (yes, I just used that word).

I thought it was older than 25 years though. Did the pro version come with boots? Mine just has an elastic and foam heel strap.