PDA

View Full Version : New Starter

ghebert1111
09-08-2017, 10:16 PM
I need a new starter. I have the 330 HP 5.7 Assault engine.

Question 1: Is that covered under my extended warranty?

Question 2: What is the part number for the starter if I am going yo replace it myself.

I'm trying to salvage the weekend fory florida evacuees.

BrettLee3232
09-09-2017, 02:36 AM
I need a new starter. I have the 330 HP 5.7 Assault engine.

Question 1: Is that covered under my extended warranty?

Question 2: What is the part number for the starter if I am going yo replace it myself.

I'm trying to salvage the weekend fory florida evacuees.

I just had the starter replaced in my 15 with the Raptor & it was an undermount starter. They had to pull the motor to swap it. I sure hope it's warranty but my dealer didn't think so. According to Indmar's Addendum "If starter is deemed wet by submersion or condensation or over cranking then it will not be covered under warranty"

Such bullshit....so anything that happens your shot out of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghebert1111
09-09-2017, 09:35 AM
I saw your post a while back. Condensation, wow is all I can say. I'm about to call the dealer and find out what's up.

Fastest1
09-09-2017, 10:03 AM
Like starters in automotive applications dont get wet? If that were the case no car in Houston (even before Harvey) would be able to start.
Do you know how to jump the solenoid? Though it is not the best way it keeps you from calling it a day.
I cant imagine pulling a motor to change the starter. Maybe undo a mount on 1 side and jack it up, but not pull it.
Dont use an automotive starter though the price and availability will tease you. They arent sealed ond it is in an area with gas fumes present. Marine starters are sealed.
Any reputable auto parts will stop talking to you if you suggest it.

ghebert1111
09-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Skiers Marine in Athens, AL is going to come down to the lake and look at my starter this week. I'll report if they cover it under warranty.

ghebert1111
09-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Skiers Marine in Athens, AL is going to come down to the lake and look at my starter this week. I'll report if they cover it under warranty.

Covered under warranty and good as new. Thumbs up to Skiers Marine.