PDA

View Full Version : Is this the beginning of the down fall for the g23?

shockthis
09-06-2017, 10:46 AM
It seams like the new supra SL and X star are the new top dogs for boats this year. Obviously the pricing on the SL is much better. It seams like the new features on them are very superior compared to the g. The X star has an auto ballast shift when you transfer sides surfing and the supra has auto wake. It would be nice to see the SL take away some g sales. It seems like the wake board wake is legit on the SL and has a killer surf wave.

Supra SL
Pros
Auto wake
6 ballast pumps
Power tower
Stock led interior and in tower lights
Manual Switches
Better price
Better surf wave

G23
Pros
Surf select remote
Bigger screen( It is Maybe to much info and too big, I prefer the smaller screen)
Platform in the back is bigger easier for teaching, but sits too high for little kids to climb in
2:1 transmission (there is good and bad to it)

sivs1
09-06-2017, 10:52 AM
The joys of Competition.

Who will win the value brand market?

KG's Supra24
09-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Nah, Nautique name is a very heavy hitter.

Both MC and Nautique still draw the crowd that shows up to the dealership and wants "that boat". I'd venture a lot of Nautiques are sold without shopping other brands where Supra likely doesn't have as large of % of customers that make up those sales.

The SL looks like a very solid boat, but it's also going to find itself in the middle of a lot of updated 23' competition.

KG's Supra24
09-06-2017, 11:36 AM
The joys of Competition.

Who will win the value brand market?

It looks like Axis has made huge strides in interior quality from the looks of the new A24. I think Moomba still offers a TON to offer in comparison to the competition .......

.... but both of these boats are getting near 100k. Value brand?!?!?

shockthis
09-06-2017, 11:45 AM
I think Hype starts from the Grassroots, if we can all be excited about it then others may follow.

jmvotto
09-06-2017, 11:53 AM
It looks like Axis has made huge strides in interior quality from the looks of the new A24. I think Moomba still offers a TON to offer in comparison to the competition .......

.... but both of these boats are getting near 100k. Value brand?!?!?

I saw the 17 and 18 axis and the inside is definitely and improvement , not as stylish as the Moomba Mondo or mojo though.

dusty2221
09-06-2017, 11:54 AM
The SL looks like a very solid boat, but it's also going to find itself in the middle of a lot of updated 23' competition.

It is also finding itself priced right near the SE once the 450 option is selected....

KG's Supra24
09-06-2017, 12:09 PM
A few pics for good measure of some of the new 23' offerings ....

https://i.imgur.com/vpKQOcr.jpg

https://www.onlyinboards.com/App_Themes/OIB/BoatPhoto/453481.jpeg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MJBbfA9TCg0/maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=167556&stc=1&d=1504631339

KG's Supra24
09-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Getting a little carried away trying to kill time at work ... here are the corresponding cockpits ....

http://images0.boattrader.com/resize/1/40/94/6344094_20170824085137454_1_LARGE.jpg?t=1252991

http://cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/images/ThumbGenerator/Thumb.aspx?img=http://cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/images/catalogs/16332/products/detail/8dd0696d-03de-4ddb-bed1-6a17a83ec414.jpg&mh=378&mw=596&f=1&fz=1

https://cdn.dealerspike.com/imglib/v1/800x600/imglib/Assets/Inventory/ED/BF/EDBF6CD6-95CA-4145-AFE3-9C119F7CEC1E.jpg

http://www.mastercraft.com/assets/xt22/images/features/463.jpg

jmvotto
09-06-2017, 01:57 PM
put base listed msrp next to them ....LOl

KG's Supra24
09-06-2017, 02:03 PM
put base listed msrp next to them ....LOl

............................ ????

mgswake
09-06-2017, 03:11 PM
I am currently a nautique owner, but have always liked and followed moomba. I do like the looks of the supras except not a huge fan of the new style tower. My favorite part of nautique so is the NSS. I really don't like all the tabs hanging off the back of these boats. I'm not highly interested in surf I wakeboard 90% and ski 10%. I'm looking possibly gs20/SAN 210. I like the craz style, but again not a fan of surf tabs. One other thing I don't like the look of the permanent back rest on the supra behind the drivers seat. I haven't been in one, maybe I would like it more in person. The price tag is really appealing for the supras.

jmvotto
09-06-2017, 03:11 PM
............................ ????

ouch ..........

KG's Supra24
09-06-2017, 04:15 PM
ouch ..........

Those were guesses. I have no clue. I have a Moomba.

russellsmojo
09-06-2017, 04:44 PM
How much longer does Supra hang on to analog gauges? I personally think they are classy looking but when you are the last one in the game does that mean it's time to switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgswake
09-06-2017, 04:57 PM

I think the Malibu m235 is coming in 200k msrp

KG's Supra24
09-06-2017, 05:02 PM
I think the Malibu m235 is coming in 200k msrp

The new 23lsv is what was pictured.

But yea, I think the M235 is at the top at 200k+ with the new MC Xstar and Nautique G following up right behind them.

dusty2221
09-06-2017, 05:08 PM
How much longer does Supra hang on to analog gauges? I personally think they are classy looking but when you are the last one in the game does that mean it's time to switch?

If I had to guess...I would say until next year on the 19 SE

russellsmojo
09-06-2017, 05:20 PM
If I had to guess...I would say until next year on the 19 SE

[emoji23]I choked on my drink.

KnoxMojo
09-06-2017, 06:31 PM
There are other companies that still use analogue gauges, Ski Supreme comes to mind...I personally like them better than all touch screens setup. Axis prices have gotten out of control, part of that is due to they lost some of their vendors for interior and other items, so their main source for Axis interiors is what is also in the Malibu, hence the higher costs..plus surf gate is expensive.. I will keep my Mojo and maybe one day be fortunate enough to be able to get a Mojo Pro.

jmvotto
09-06-2017, 06:38 PM

Not bad considering your a CPA :o

Isaguel
09-06-2017, 06:56 PM

I hope never. I like analog gauges. THey add a touch of class and quality. To me, anything electronic screams cheap, plasticky. Analog gauges are made of steel and other high quality durable materials. Its like comparing a high quality handmade mechanical watch to a cheap electronic plastic watch(so called smart watch). The electronic one is landfill in 5 years. In 10 years, those electronic screens are going to look cheap and outdated, the analog gauges will still look good for what they are.

Capdoogie
09-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Well my wife and I have demoed a lot of new boats this year. I have to say it's getting closer. Each company has something they can either improve on or need to catch up on. The centurions seats are not hindged and they run a dual screen on th ri compared to their fi23. Supra is behind in the large screen department but the redundant switches are kinda cool, also Supra hasn't gone to 17 inch prop and new tranny ratios. Nautique is expensive and you either love there surf wave or you don't but one of the only boats to need very little xtra weight. Malibu needs a lot of nose weight to counter the wedge but great wave when fully sacd. All these boats are getting really close compared to the past in surf waves. The only boat I can't give any love to is the Mastercraft. Been in almost all models and the wave is just not comparable to some of these other boats. Last full demo I was at there was a large group in this consensus. Next up Supra SL

jmvotto
09-06-2017, 08:17 PM
Well my wife and I have demoed a lot of new boats this year. I have to say it's getting closer. Each company has something they can either improve on or need to catch up on. The centurions seats are not hindged and they run a dual screen on th ri compared to their fi23. Supra is behind in the large screen department but the redundant switches are kinda cool, also Supra hasn't gone to 17 inch prop and new tranny ratios. Nautique is expensive and you either love there surf wave or you don't but one of the only boats to need very little xtra weight. Malibu needs a lot of nose weight to counter the wedge but great wave when fully sacd. All these boats are getting really close compared to the past in surf waves. The only boat I can't give any love to is the Mastercraft. Been in almost all models and the wave is just not comparable to some of these other boats. Last full demo I was at there was a large group in this consensus. Next up Supra SL

Which mc. The x30 and x23 throw a crazy surf wave

MJHSupra
09-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Which mc. The x30 and x23 throw a crazy surf wave

I agree. My bud has the X30. It's pretty awesome with the upgraded motor. Too bad it was shelved.

That new X-Star is going to be targeted for the wakeboard crew. It looks to throw a massive wake where I think the avg rider would never appreciate or be able to use the boat's potential.

I also hope Supra keeps the analog gauges

ybarbo17
09-06-2017, 08:50 PM
I hope they keep the gauges and toggle switches, even if they add a big screen it would be nice to have a back up options!

my buddy had a 2016 xstar fully loaded and a few times we have had to call it a day early because the touch screen displays go out all 3 of them! and well have to ride back to his house with some kinda award looking ride, ballast are all full on one side, emptying the other side and the GEN2 tabs would all be different positions going wild.

Capdoogie
09-06-2017, 08:57 PM
You might be hearing the squeaky wheel. I have had 4 boats in the last 5 yrs with nye a problem with screens. That's a Supra salesman talk. But I do I agree backup switches are a great outing savior if something unlikely would go wrong.

sandm
09-06-2017, 09:28 PM
I have had 4 boats in the last 5 yrs with nye a problem with screens.

wait until said boats have 750+hrs and are 6-10 years old. I bet screen problems start showing up then across all models and more frequently. it's still a fairly new technology in the towboat industry with lots of players using a vendor for a year or 2 and switching.
the downside will be those that can't afford the crazy-stupid prices of the new boats will be into them as used at the 4-6year mark and as those screens start to break, the cost to fix them will be out of reach for some of the buyers that are stretched to be in those high tech boats at a used price.. imagine paying 65k for a used g23 and a year later the screen breaks requiring a 5k repair bill. for some buyers that will mean running a boat with no screen or not running a boat for the season.

I hope supra doesn't get rid of the analog nor the redundant switches. my tige had switches under the dash to get you "limped" home if the tigetouch ever broke but they were quite the pita to get to and the supra switches will at least keep the day on the water going easily should something ever happen. and they just plain look good...

russellsmojo
09-06-2017, 09:39 PM
I am in full agreement. I like them and so hopefully the Supra technology folks are reading and can integrate any screen changes with the classy look of switches and a few analogs.

MJHSupra
09-06-2017, 10:22 PM
For all of those that want a big screen, is this big enough?

costanza
09-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Nah, Nautique name is a very heavy hitter.

Both MC and Nautique still draw the crowd that shows up to the dealership and wants "that boat". I'd venture a lot of Nautiques are sold without shopping other brands where Supra likely doesn't have as large of % of customers that make up those sales.

Anyone try the Supreme S238? We got out surfing a few times on one this summer and it was a killer wave... My family's started competing this summer so we were spoiled and got out on a few different G23's , Supreme S238, Centurion RI217, RI237 and RI257, SV244, MC X2, Malibu VLX (all of which were 2017 models except for the SV244 - also a killer wave on it listed with no plates). Fav wave by far was the Centurion (Ri's from biggest to smallest were obviously best, and Sv244 was also wicked), but surprisingly the Supreme was a great wave, especially for the price of the boat. I found the G23's had a funny "hole" at the bottom of it's wave you had to watch out for / get used to. And now we're back to reality with our LSV - which throws a decent wave for my kids and hey, it's paid for... a fully loaded Supreme is under 90k, which seems pretty cheap, and decent for the size of boat... hhhhmmmmm... :o)

BrettLee3232
09-07-2017, 10:51 PM
Supreme is under 90k, which seems pretty cheap, and decent for the size of boat... hhhhmmmmm... :o)

In the 90k price range I would strongly sway towards a MB 23 B52 over a 238. The 238 is a nice boat but it's really basic interior options. They have awesome gel colors but interior is lacking. Good wave when weighted properly but who's isn't?

I'd also consider a Mojo/Pro over 238 to.

jmvotto
09-08-2017, 10:13 AM
this wave certainly could be

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/mastercraft%2Bxstar%2Bparks%2Bbonify/stories-keyword/stories-public?esd=eyJlc2lkIjoiUzpfSTE0MDE1MDIyNDY3NjI3NDA 6MTk3ODAzNjY3MjQ0MjYyNSIsInBzaWQiOnsiMTQwMTUwMjI0N jc2Mjc0MDoxOTc4MDM2NjcyNDQyNjI1IjoiVXpwZlNURTBNREU xTURJeU5EWTNOakkzTkRBNk1UazNPREF6TmpZM01qUTBNall5T lE9PSIsIjE3OTQ3NDMzMjQwOTkyMjI6MTg5ODQzNjA1NzA2MzI 4MSI6IlV6cGZTVEUzT1RRM05ETXpNalF3T1RreU1qSTZWa3M2T VRnNU9EUXpOakExTnpBMk16STRNUT09IiwiNzQ2MzgzNDgwNzo xMDE1NTY2ODU0NDY3NDgwOCI6IlV6cGZTVGMwTmpNNE16UTRNR GM2TVRBeE5UVTJOamcxTkRRMk56UTRNRGc9In0sImNyY3QiOiJ tZWRpYSIsImNzaWQiOiI4MDRhMTIxMTAyMjIzOGFkNjJkZGZiN 2MzOTgwNzk5MiJ9

MJHSupra
09-08-2017, 07:03 PM
Sweet pic Joe