PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Boomerang Something is slipping HELP!!!

Countrycummins99
09-05-2017, 08:07 AM
okay last week was out on boat doing some water skiing. my dad was driving said he heard a noise it normally doesn't make i went to drive and had no power to prop if you applied any throttle. thought fluid might be low it wasn't. But it was brown so i pumped it out put fresh fluid came back to lake next day was better but if i goosed it it would slip rpm would go way up and you would go no where. So long story short thought it was transmission clutches or seals rebuilt entire trans this past week. took it out yesterday and i still cant apply the power like i used to so i am starting to lean towards something else that might be slipping anyone have any ideas?

Darter
09-05-2017, 09:03 AM
Does your prop have a key on the shaft? Wondering if that somehow failed and your prop is just spinning? It's a reach, but wouldn't hurt to confirm. Without it, your boat isn't going very far.

Stazi
09-05-2017, 07:50 PM
There is a clutch that engages the trans when you shift it from neutral. It may be worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Countrycummins99
09-06-2017, 08:01 AM
When you say clutch do you mean the ones in the trans or are you talking about the damper on the flywheel?

Stazi
09-06-2017, 08:39 AM
When you say clutch do you mean the ones in the trans or are you talking about the damper on the flywheel?

There's a clutch inside the trans, you can hear it engage when you shift slowly from neutral.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Countrycummins99
09-06-2017, 09:17 AM
Yes their all brand new along with the seals

Countrycummins99
06-16-2018, 06:24 AM
Bump still slips after trans rebuild going to check transmission pressure today if that checks normal any other ideas?

z28ke
06-16-2018, 07:18 AM
Just to throw something out there: transmission shifter cable adjustment/failure/loose bracket. Maybe something is preventing it from going into gear completely?

Countrycummins99
06-16-2018, 10:33 AM
Ya I checked all that goes into gear correctly and engages I am starting to wonder if it’s the shock absorber in the fly wheel